JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 10.01.2020, 21:59
Baby Loader

Default Question to Win10 Firewall Rules regarding JD2

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to block Jdownloader2 via the Win10 firewall for a specific IP address (I couldn't find a thread that was able to help me).

Unfortunately it does not work if I enter a specific IP. I tried to set the rule to all IP addresses which made the rule work (JD2 had no Internet connection).

How can I get the rule to work for a specific IP?

This is how I created the rule:
New outbound rule -> Custom Rule -> Entered the Jdownloader2 exe at the programm path section -> Left all protocolls and ports selected -> Entered the specific IP at the local section (I also tried the remote section just in case) e.g. 212.50.150.50 (just a random IP) -> Denied the connection.

Jdownloader2 ignores this rule and I'm still able to download using the IP address that I wanted to block (as I mentioned the rule is working if I don't enter a specific IP but then of course it does not work for any IP).

Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!
Old 11.01.2020, 03:45
English Supporter

first of all, JD doesn't look at your firewall rules! firewalls run by interfacing with the network stack and places itself in the middle of network activity, allowing and declining based on predefined or default rules. JD when trying to communicate outwards, it will try and open an outgoing socket using your operating systems default gateway.

If you would like to use another IP address thats bound to your network interface you can do this in JD connection manager (settings > connection manager), create a rule for 'direct' and fill in the appropriate information. I would also recommend that you move your new rule above 'No Proxy' and even disable default rule 'No proxy'! as this will prevent usage of the default gateway.

With a working rule, JD/Java will create a socket connection based on your new rule, specifying the outgoing ip it wishes to utilise.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.01.2020, 07:57
Baby Loader

Thank you for your reply. I understand that JD does not look at my FW rules. I simply thought that the FW would be able to do this...

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the JD settings. Unfortunately it does not work for me (I'm probably doing something wrong). I created a direct rule as suggested and entered the IP that I want to use for JD (I tried it with all network interfaces that show up here. Only with one at a time sind JD would not let me create more than one direct rules). I moved the rule to the first spot and disabled the "No Proxy" rule. Now JD is not able to verify my accounts in the account settings (no Internet connection).

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance
Old 11.01.2020, 10:01
English Supporter

No worries, must have miss understood your OP.

Some firewall products can/would be able todo this by re-directed traffic, it would be more software based firewalls which break down traffic to the application. You would have to research windows firewall in order todo this, its been years since I've played with windows.

In respects to JD and multiple WANs I've personally only played with this successfully on unix based operating systems. When trying on windows I never succeeded, my test was ethernet (router with nat, default gateway/no proxy) and wireless connection (mobile phone as hotspot with nat). Jiaz was going to help me set it up though don't think we ever got around to it. Guess need to wait for him to respond, or try the support ticket system: https://support.jdownloader.org or via email support@jdownloader.org

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]