JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 30.11.2014, 12:43
EnkiTVFL

Default Create subfolder by packagename

Hi to all,

I read several topics, tried to figure out why, but invain.
Here's the issue I have: a subfolder gets sometimes created by packagename, and sometimes not.
Any idea why this can happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Old 30.11.2014, 14:17
English Supporter

adding links via add links dialog with the checkbox 'information overwrites packagiser rules' checked?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 30.11.2014, 15:46
EnkiTVFL

Hi,

Just realized I didn't give an important info...
A subfolder is getting created in the linkgrabber, it's when the package is being sent to the downloads that no subfolder is getting created in the default directory for downloads.
What I mean is the following:
My default directory is let say C:\MOVIES.
When I'm grabbing links for the show A, a package called show A is being created in the linkgrabber.
When I start the download, the properties for any of the files in the package are saved to my default download directory + package name.
When I grab links for the show B, a package show B is created in the linkgrabber.
When I start the download for the package, the package still shows up in the download list.
The properties for any of the files in the package show the package name, but in the "save to" field, no trace of the package name, just the default download directory can be seen:

Cheers
Old 30.11.2014, 18:06
Community Manager

Links please.

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 30.11.2014, 19:15
EnkiTVFL

Hi,

The download links when no subfolder gets created?
Old 30.11.2014, 19:20
Community Manager

Yap.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 30.11.2014, 19:40
EnkiTVFL

Here you are:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Cheers
Old 30.11.2014, 19:48
Community Manager

Adding it via "Add links" dialog will overwrite packagizer rules as raztoi said before.
Via clipboard it works fine for me...

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 30.11.2014, 19:57
EnkiTVFL

Hi,

A subfolder gets created when you download the links?
Old 30.11.2014, 19:59
Community Manager

No - please read raztokis- and my post again.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 30.11.2014, 20:03
EnkiTVFL

Hi,

Sorry, but my problem is not the one you are talking about.
My problem is that no subfolder gets created when dling the links, though the rule telling that a subfolder is getting created, which sometimes happen (see my screenshot).

Cheers
Old 01.12.2014, 01:48
English Supporter

when custom packagiser rule 'sub directory as packagename' is enabled a sub directory will be created when the downloads starts on default setting and not when you add to download tab (there is a advanced setting todo that if you wish 'settings > advanced > GeneralSettings: Create Folder Trigger'), or like I said in original response if you add links via the add links dialog with 'information overwrites packagiser rules' checked it wont make subdirectory unless you tell it manually in the save path!

those are the only reasons why it might work for some and not for some others, as already indicated by myself and psp.

raztoki

Old 01.12.2014, 08:49
EnkiTVFL

Hi,
Quote:
or like I said in original response if you add links via the add links dialog with 'information overwrites packagiser rules' checked it wont make subdirectory unless you tell it manually in the save path!
I did read your answer, but sorry, you're wrong.
If not, knowing that as you said the option is enabled in my settings, whyh would a subfolder be created sometimes (I just dled other parts, and a subfolder was created)?
Anyway, not that important, I will just have to pay attention that a subfolder is getting created, even if I have the settings that should do this automatically.
Just put a [Solved] prefix.

Cheers
Old 01.12.2014, 09:01
English Supporter

not likely to be wrong in this instance. you either
a) added links via addlinks dialog over clipboard, with the option to disable package customiser rules as indicated in my question and subsequent followup responses.
b) edited existing links save path after (linkgrabber or download tabs) prior to download commencing without amending subdirectory as packagename checkbox in the path editor.
c) maybe remote api changes *shrugs* this could be possible cause also.

those are the only ones I can think of, and I still suspect its (your) user error because you're the only one experiencing such a issue. And I did test this today and works fine and intended on my end!

Last edited by raztoki; 01.12.2014 at 09:04.
Old 01.12.2014, 09:48
EnkiTVFL

:D ok, let say I am (as said, strange that I hadn't the problem - subfolder created - this morning, though I did exactly the same).
As I said, not that important anyway.
One general comment, JD1 was very very nice (maybe a bit "rigid" and not enough customizable for some - but not me -) JD2 is maybe more customizable, but a bit complex I find, and some original handy features available in JD1 are unfortunately not available natively in JD2 (for example, even if the list of links is sorted out by hoster in the linkgrabber, the copied download links are not sorted out on the hoster in the cliboard).

Cheers
Old 01.12.2014, 12:41
English Supporter

linkgrabber is task can be done via decrypter or hoster plugins, both are threaded tasks, one plugin can lead to another (decrypter tasks) and so forth. Many threads are run at once (count for hoster and decrypter plugins limits the total thread count). Once a hoster link is found and identified to a given plugin, it will online checking task for given links. It may require 1 request per link or many!. Linkchecking job might be done by a mass linkchecker routine or single link linkchecking routine. Problem is not all hosters are made equal, the one to many can return * x result faster than one to one. Also factor in how many requests required to do a given task for both mass linkchecking and single linkchecking tasks. Results are return based on when they are finished! Because of all those factors, links can return out of sequence of clipboard order or add order. Not sure how 0.9 worked but it would have been on a similar basis, but maybe slightly less threads running at one time so they could have stayed in more of a sequential sequence.

I'm not entirely sure of the default sort order I believe you will find it's 0-9A-z by package entry (order into linkgrabber). Order of downloadlinks inside each package I believe is random as I don't see any logic to it. I thought it might have todo with filesize though I discounted that because I did a test with some mirrors (all files are identical across many hosters) the hosters with verified filesize mirror files should be adjacent to one another and they are not. I've asked Jiaz, he said he would get back to me.

Old 01.12.2014, 13:10
EnkiTVFL

Hi,

That was the guess I just had (but it was just a guess)!
No subfolder was created in the download list (unlike in the linkgrabber), because the links where "decrypted" from go4up, and didn't come directly from the hoster (no problem with other packages when the "real" address was copied).

Regarding the sort order, I tried to figure out which was the sort order in the clipboard, but I couldn't yet unfderstand why this happens.
This is what I noticed: I copy a list of download links for the same parts, hosted by different providers; I split then the packages by host; when I copy/paste the download links from the linkgrabber, the download links in the clipboard are sorted according to the part name, not by the package (if I'm not clear, sorry, I will insert screenshots later on).

Cheers
Old 01.12.2014, 13:45
EnkiTVFL

Hi,

Here's the screenshot:

I "masked" the addresses, but the local clipboard is not sorted like the JD clipboard is.
Now that I think of this, it might be a local setting issue in the local clipboard config. afterall.

Cheers
Old 05.12.2014, 11:25
Maxbeta

I using jDownloader 2 Beta and I'm having the same problem. No folders are created in the download folder.

Where is the setting for this in the beta?
Old 06.12.2014, 00:14
jeston

Edit: Problem solved

Last edited by jeston; 06.12.2014 at 00:23. Reason: problem solved
Old 06.12.2014, 02:12
Spanish Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeston View Post
Edit: Problem solved
How did you solve the problem?

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Old 06.12.2014, 03:23
English Supporter

@lram32
probably enabled default rule?

@Maxbeta
settings > packagiser > enable default rule 'subdirectory by packagename'

Old 06.12.2014, 03:29
Spanish Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@lram32
probably enabled default rule?
Maybe, but before edit his post, user wrote it was enabled.

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Old 06.12.2014, 03:55
English Supporter

shrugs, I didn't see it prior.

Old 06.12.2014, 12:40
jeston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lram32 View Post
How did you solve the problem?
Embarrassingly, I missed a post saying changes only take affect when you re-add the link. Lo and behold, I deleted it from the Downlaod list, re-added it and problem solved.
Old 06.12.2014, 12:49
English Supporter

@jeston
Thought as much ;p

raztoki

Old 06.12.2014, 13:34
Spanish Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeston View Post
Embarrassingly, I missed a post saying changes only take affect when you re-add the link. Lo and behold, I deleted it from the Downlaod list, re-added it and problem solved.
Thanks for give us your feedback.
I can say was not necessary to delete your files from your downloadlist, since you can use the right click option "set download directory" > "subfolder by package", to enable/disable the subfolder in your downloadlink list.

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-