JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.02.2018, 18:55
.com

Default Subfolders in package

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to use JD to download large files that need to exist in a certain directory structure like this:

A.bin
subfolder/B.bin

Of course, I could retain that structure by zipping, but it's 2018. (Other reasons include resource overhead and past experience with incompatible large zip files). I'd like to avoid archives.

So far, I've tried Plain CNL 2, but wasn't able to find a way to specify that a certain subdirectory path should be used for particular files. I'm using the 'package' parameter to import the files as one package. I have tried to specify the 'source' parameter to specify a common prefix so that JD could see the base folder, but to no avail. I also tried the 'dir' parameter, but it sets a directory for the entire package.

The total dl size is in the range of 2-200 GB and 10-200 files.

Is there a way to do that with Plain CNL 2? Is there a way to do it using other techniques?

Thanks,
.com
Old 09.02.2018, 19:44
JD Manager

You need a way to support folder hierarchy while adding files?

Is it something for you or do you want to make it available for others.
For example you could use Crawljobs (Folderwatch Extension) instead. There you can specify way more additional information.

Do you have list of links or want JDownloader to *crawl* through some folders?
Old 09.02.2018, 20:02
.com

I'm the content provider with a website and want to make it easy for users to download those file/folder structures without going through archives.

That means I have a list of links ready and want to send it from a web browser to JD.

I believe it may be too complicated for some users to install an extension and have them set it up and provide them the crawljob files.

I believe it may be a possibility to create a JD plugin for my website and make the plugin so that it respects subfolder destinations. If there's an easier way, I'd take that..

Thanks for your help!!
Old 09.02.2018, 21:22
JD Manager

Contact us via support@jdownloader.org and provide examples, so we can check them
You want easy way to add links and keep the file/folder structure , right?
Would be good to see screenshots/get example links so we can check whats the easiest way to achieve this.