JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 20.06.2016, 22:58
SebastianJu

Default Resetting failed Captchas after some time

I like JD alot, that's something I should say first. Though what I really would like to see is a solution for the actually most annoying thing for me.

It's about the files that did not get a correct captcha solution. They are marked with captcha failed or similar wording and they will not change that status anymore from itself.

Normally I let deathbycaptcha solve my captchas. It works fine though somethings a captcha is not solved. The annoying part is when I downloaded something, come back and see that I can't access the end result because one or more files are hanging in the status of "captcha solution failed" or so. I then have to reset it manually in order to download them then.

Well, it might not be a big problem but it should be no big problem to reset it after some time automatically too. A downloader running on autopilot is the concept of JD. Though on this point it fails momentarely. And I would love to get back to jd and see that it worked up all the tasks I asked it to.

Hope it gets solved.

I'm using JD2 (I guess after the years it is the head version now) and it runs on Core 34057, Launcher 3384, App Work Utilities 2684 and so on.

Last edited by SebastianJu; 20.06.2016 at 23:01.
Old 21.06.2016, 02:57
English Supporter

In the scheme of things you can quickly reset all skipped functions within the bottom right hand corner 'skip icon' and right click function, or use the filter in download tab && select 'skipped downloads' && ctrl a && resume/remove skip'.

There are multiple reasons why we don't do this automatically,
- would chew your credits on errors (error at CES provider end, or within our plugins, or within the hoster).
- it can also create DDoS event to the captcha provider, and|or host provider
- it could also create infinite loop like behaviour in the download queue where downloadlinks do not progress down the queue.

So if you want said feature it's really up to you to take responsibility for it, we don't want to implement features that will try infinitely and have the ability to prevent download queue from progressing in logical fashion. I believe someone has created event script to scan for failed downloads and automatically change status. I would advise that you look into that as your solution.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 21.06.2016, 11:39
SebastianJu

I see what you mean though resetting it manually won't help when you wake up, get to your jd and see that one or more files of a download did not go through. Resulting in your whole file not being useable. Which is not really cool.

The three reasons you mentioned against automatically resetting it are only valid if the reset is done instantly or in a too short amount of time. If there is a minimum time, which there are already alot implemented in JD for other reasons, there would be no problem with it anymore.

Let's say minimum reset time per file would be 10 minutes, then it would be in the responsibility of the user to spend 6 captcha solvings per hour. If the captcha solver would be dead then no credits would be lost, if it fails all the time for some reason then the downloader would have found out already. In any way... the cost could be made a minimum.

A DDos with 6 requests per hour or even each 5 minutes could not happen either.

And the infinite loop would only happen if the reset time is so low that it stops the download of other files.

There are already so many minimum times set in JD that it would be no problem to have another one. With a min time there would be no problems with it anymore too.

Can you point me a direction for that event script? I did search the forum for some time now but didn't find such script.
Old 21.06.2016, 13:27
JD Manager

You can use the eventscripter and create a script that auto resets those "captcha skip" errors automatically after some time. You can contact mgpai (in english) and ask him for help to do this. He is very good with the eventscripter!

raztoki already explained why we will not add this to core features at the moment.
Old 21.06.2016, 13:28
JD Manager

Eventscripter are scripts written in Javascript. I suggest to contact mgpai. There also scripts (use search) that auto reset links in specific situations
Old 21.06.2016, 21:06
SebastianJu

Thanks Jiaz. I will go the route you suggested. Even though I do not understand why something like that isn't implemented when it is a nonissue with minimum timeouts, from which there are already alot in JD anyway.

Anyway, be it how it be. Thanks for the direction...
Old 27.06.2016, 12:00
Script Master

Code:
//Script: Check (every 10 minutes) for skipped links with unsolved captchas and unskip them.
//Trigger: Interval
//Forum Topic: https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=69738

if (new Date().getMinutes() % 10 === 0 && new Date().getSeconds() === 0) {

var links = callAPI("downloadsV2", "queryLinks", {});

for (var i = 0; i < links.length; i++) {
        var link = getDownloadLinkByUUID(links[i].uuid);
        if (link.getSkippedReason() == "CAPTCHA") {
            link.setSkipped(false);
        }
    }
}