JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 06.01.2019, 04:05
HEVIHITR

Default Tell JD2 to continue DLing while running CRC check, possible?

I did a search, both here and google and couldn't find anything like this, feel free to point me in the right direction of such a discussion exists already though.

Hi, I have noticed that the CRC check takes a long time, up to 5-6 minutes or more, I did read this can be attributed to free space left on the disk(1.5Tb left of 4Tb Ironwolf, yes it's overkill), I have JD2 set to only DL 1 file at a time, setting are 1 sim DL and 15 chunks(these are just setting that work and have remained unchanged for many years)I do this so I can max out my connection per file and I usually only DL single files, aka not 10-20 files for 1 mkv style, so maybe I can set up something in there.

Anyway I am wondering if I can get/write a script to tell JD2 to run the CRC check but also continue DLing the next file, it's not a huge issue but it can be annoying when I see the CRC running and JD2 is not doing anything else.

I'm not good at explaining things in a way that others can understand as easily as they seem in my head, sorry for that, I will be grateful for any help though.
Old 22.01.2019, 11:49
JD Manager

CRC check is limited by IO-Read speed. This may be an 'eye of a needle' when downloading to slow hdd or network shares. CRC Check is part of the download process because the result (OK/FAILED) is required to determine what to do next. Eg retry or try different mirror....

I would suggest to instead download more files in parallel and reduce max connections to 1-2.

How big is the file that takes 5-6 mins? do you download to local hdd/sdd or network drive?
Old 28.01.2019, 04:08
HEVIHITR

Thanks for the reply, I was starting to think i'd never hear from anyone regarding this.

The files are generally around 3.5-4.5Gb, but it happens on smaller and larger sized files as well, but not all the time, just randomly, some days it'll go fine doing 20Gb-50Gb with out issue but then one day it'll take an extra hour just do do all the CRC checks. Downloading is to an external drive(astone external enclosure), USB3, seagate ironwolf(4Tb in this case), i've used this system for years and never ran into this before now, the last few months.

I did up the DL limit to 2 files and chucks to 5, but had the same issue, it would finish one but still do the CRC check on file 1, 2 would continue until it did it's CRC check and then they'd both be going for 5 minutes or so, I ran seatools to check the drive and it all looks fine, no errors etc, crystaldiskmark gave 99Mb read and 103Mb write on the ironwolf drive, I have been reading up and having a small SSD as the main download drive and then transferring to the mech drive does make things run alot better, but if the drive is coping it's got to be the host or JD2, I don't know I guess i'm just stuck.
Old 30.01.2019, 17:09
JD Manager

Many concurrent writes (2files*10 chunks=10 writes) can cause high fragmentation because of used SparseFile flag. So fragmentation can also slow down IO a lot. Also firewall/av might *scan* those files and *eat* additional IO.
You can use the taskmanager, and open up the ressource monitor and check what processes are accessing the disk/files and at what speed.