JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.08.2020, 19:54
JD Adviser

Default [NOT JD BUG]aparat.cam - Not directly JD issue but some links download extremely slow

Hi, I'm quite sure this isn't a JDownloader problem but I thought I'd ask anyway for clarification and maybe if there's a known work around.

Some links from aparat.cam are extremely slow (down to like 1 or 2-digit KiB/s) while other links download fine.

Slow download speed screenshot:

I already tried restarting JD2, restarting my system, restarting my router for a new IP, using a VPN, etc and still getting the same slow speed on the affected links.

I also don't have any speed limit set and I even tried stopping every active downloads I have to see if it improves and still no change.

I tried downloading a few links through my browser and the speeds are the similar with JD2. Is it possible to find out why this is happening on our end? The aparat website doesn't really look like it was finished. lol

Here's a couple example links (NSFW):

Slow: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Normal: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

If you need more links to check, here are two uploaders with a bunch of them: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Some of their links download really slowly while others are within normal speed.

I know this is not a JD issue but wondering if maybe there's an explanation for why this is happening and if maybe there's a way around it? Thanks.
Old 24.08.2020, 15:06
Community Manager

Most of all times the answer would be "because they want you to buy premium accounts" but not in this case ... it seems like they do not really offer premium accounts:
aparat.cam/premium

I guess it's just a badly managed website - maybe too many users and not enough downloadservers.
I can confirm your bad speeds.

I would contact their support - only they can know the answer to your question.

That said I will mark this as "Declined" as it is clearly not a JD issue and we cannot do anything about it ...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 25.08.2020, 09:24
JD Adviser

Ah, thanks for that clarification.

I actually assumed that the problem was that they were just detecting user-agents or some unique identifier that points to software like JD2 and are actively throttling those connections to prioritize browser/streaming. If that were the case, maybe something could have been done about it.

But thank you for taking the time to look into it!
Old 25.08.2020, 16:46
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeM View Post
I actually assumed that the problem was that they were just detecting user-agents or some unique identifier that points to software like JD2 and are actively throttling those connections to prioritize browser/streaming.[...]
Well you can never be 100% sure but I would exclude it in this case as speeds are equally bad in browser and JD.
If you want, you can test again via browser and adblock disabled - that's the only case I forgot to test.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?