JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 28.03.2018, 04:10
FSchmertz

Default Looking for Downloading Help

Now that Flashgot for Firefox is no longer supported, I need a new procedure to do what I want to do with jDownloader.

I like to grab links and download in individually labeled folders where the download extracts the .rar's.

Example of what I was doing:

I find a bunch of videos, all different. Say one video is in several parts from rapidgator that need to be merged to download the complete video.

Another video is a single link from uploaded.to with an entirely different subject. I want to put this in it's own separate clearly labeled folder that I specify/name, not in the one that the previous rapidgator one is going into.

This was relatively easy to do with Flashgot. Is there a way to do this easily in jDownloader without Flashgot?
Old 28.03.2018, 11:56
JD Manager

You could try the MyJDownloader browser extension which allows remote adding of Links/Selections/Clipboard/ClickAndLoad and you can specify details like package name, download directory and some more. In case you need additional settings, just let us know under support@jdownloader.org
Old 28.03.2018, 12:11
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSchmertz View Post
This was relatively easy to do with Flashgot. Is there a way to do this easily in jDownloader without Flashgot?
It highly depends on what you want to achieve. It can use meta information like current browser url for automatic package naming, download directory....
Old 28.03.2018, 16:36
FSchmertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
It highly depends on what you want to achieve. It can use meta information like current browser url for automatic package naming, download directory....
I was already thinking about MyJDownloader, so thanks for the push in that direction.

And automatic package naming could be problematic, as downloaded files often have very vague names that might be nearly useless in identifying the resulting download afterwards. It'd be nice to be able to have more input in naming the downloads and organizing them, instead of everything going to wherever jD2 thinks they should go, or worse some sort of generic folder that you have to sort out later or risk never finding what you downloaded again. I'm rather fussy about organizing (and my memory gets worse every day! )

Last edited by FSchmertz; 28.03.2018 at 16:38.
Old 28.03.2018, 16:48
JD Manager

I would suggest to test MyJDownloader extension and tell us what you are missing and what you don't like about it. Any feedback on your workflow would help us to improve it