JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.09.2019, 07:50
darktron

Default How to recover incomplete download and complete it?

I paused a download (Google Drive) that was approximately 80%, then when I tried to resume the download it had started from scratch but the .part file had the correct size corresponding to that 80%.

I backed up the .part file and the cfg files.
Try to start a new download and replace the .part file but it didn't work.
I also reinstalled jdownloader and copy the backed up files but this generated false files.

I'm surely doing something wrong, thank you very much for your help

Last edited by darktron; 23.09.2019 at 18:30.
Old 23.09.2019, 21:32
JD Beta

Location: Universe, Local group, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, France

If you have backed up the cfg files before trying to restart it, try this :

You'll need an advanced text editor, like Notepad++ (not the regular windows notepad), don't worry it is free and don't contain any malwares or ads, alternatively any text editor made for coding should do, like Sublime Text 3 for example, but DON'T use rich text editors (text editors that allow to make any part of your text bold, italic, change font, size, color, etc).
You'll also need 7zip or Winrar (both free, though we all jokingly know that the Winrar isn't free but we still don't need to pay to use it anyway) or if you have the paid version Winzip use it instead.

1. Close JDownloader2.

2. Put the original ".part" file with its original name back to the download location.

3. Go to your backup and your JD2 cfg files.

4. In both, you have a zip file named "downloadList(numbers).zip", open the last one (biggest number) in JD2 > cfg folder, you can sort files by modification date, it will be the newest one, don't worry if your backup cfg latest zip have an inferior number, that's normal, also don't worry if both contain the same, just don't worry.

5. Inside this zip, you'll get a list of files, like literally files without extensions, those with only one number like 00 or 01 are your packages, those with other numbers like 00_00 or 00_01 or 01_00 etc are your download files.
They are in the same order that they are inside your download list.
Look for the one that seem like the file you want, you can open them using Notepad++ or the advanced text editor of your choosing, and check that the name is matching.

6. Now that you've found your file, extract it somewhere (any folder really) and open (Notepad++ or the alternative of your choice) it.

7. Now back to your cfg backup, open the file from the most recent (the one with the biggest number actually) "downloadList(numbers).zip", if you haven't moved your downloads around in your download page in between your backup and now, it should be the same file number, open it (no need to extract it this time) and copy the text, use right click select all or ctrl + a to make sure everything is selected.

8. Select everything on the extracted one using the same method, and paste what you copied from the previous one, save it and close it in your text editor (never be too careful), if you want to go full paranoid re-open to check the new data have been saved properly and close it again...

9. Now go to the zip file of your cfg folder (the real one, not the backup, we shouldn't need it anymore now), and delete the same file you've extracted and replace it with your edited one.

10. Now close the zip file and you should be clear to go, it might take some time for JDownloader before resuming but don't worry it should now work fine.

Alternatively, previous (lesser number) "downloadList(numbers).zip" file should contain previous version, doing the same with them should allow you to recover your file in case you have tried to start the download again before making backup, just try to find the one matching the time your file was at 80%.

Note that JDownloader should be able to continue paused downloads from Google Drive (I tried to find your solution with a Google Drive file) so something went wrong, and this something might cause the method I gave you invalid.
Old 23.09.2019, 22:45
darktron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongornot View Post
If you have backed up the cfg files before trying to restart it, try this :
Thanks!! I'm going to try that.
Two questions:

1. right now I don't have any files downloading in JD (then no downloadList(numbers).zip files), should I start downloading the file again to generate that file?

2. The file that matters is the one-digit, right?

Last edited by darktron; 23.09.2019 at 23:53.
Old 23.09.2019, 23:51
JD Beta

Technically it doesn't matter, it will probably just create a new zip file, as long as you use the good previous zip file (technically you don't even need to go through your backup, those zip files are backups themselves, but if you have a backup of your own, better use it as you know which zip is the latest, though if it doesn't work, try the same thing but with the file from the same zip as your backup but from the real cfg folder, as if you have backup before closing JDownloader, it might have saved previous parameters not compatible with your .part, though I am only guessing here as I don't know how JD internally work.) and the latest zip of your cfg file.
Just do it when JDownloader is closed, that's the real important thing, otherwise your modified file will simply be changed without being read as the file is already loaded into memory.
Old 24.09.2019, 00:46
darktron

Quote:
Technically it doesn't matter..
When replacing the JD boot files, a 2% progress is shown.
check the 00_00 files of the different zip and none of them corresponds to 80% (approximately what I remember).

"size" : 71128698880,
"host" : "docs.google.com",
"enabled" : true,
"created" : 1568943370479,
"uid" : 1568943376797,
"urlProtection" : "UNSET",
"linkStatus" : null,
"current" : 1448684799,
"finalLinkState" : null,
"chunkProgress" : [ 1448332944 ],

The way would be for JD to analyze the file size again and how much is missing.
Old 24.09.2019, 01:35
JD Beta

So you may have encounter a bug right in the middle of the download and the file 00_00 in the zip saved the link state after this bug, try maybe to put "null" at "current" and "chunkProgress", maybe it will analyse, otherwise I have no other idea of how you would recover that, sorry.
Old 24.09.2019, 16:20
Community Manager

You cannot easily force JD to resume "external downloads".

In you case, the downloaded was started via JD but it then seems to have lost the information about the progress.

If you really need to continue that download, maybe other tools can help.

Also note that it could also happen that GDrive simply does not support resume for the file you want to download (this is very unlikely).

Without a log and example URLs there is not much I can say about this.
Note that we have tickets regarding resuming files which have not been started via JD or which have been started via another instance of JD but I do not see this feature coming any time soon ...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.09.2019, 20:24
darktron

Thank you both for helping me.
PSP, what tools could be used to continue the download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Without a log and example URLs there is not much I can say about this.
About the URLs, If I upload the cfg-backed files, could that help?

Last edited by darktron; 25.09.2019 at 01:01.
Old 25.09.2019, 01:27
English Supporter

if the file hasnt been downloaded with chunks, you could resume it with wget or curl. I've done this in the past when we didn't have sparse (preallocation of disk space).

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 25.09.2019, 05:34
darktron

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
if the file hasnt been downloaded with chunks, you could resume it with wget or curl. I've done this in the past when we didn't have sparse (preallocation of disk space).
That would be great! I can install those tools but I don't know anything about programming
Could you tell me what lines should I write to continue the download of the .part? thanks.
Old 25.09.2019, 12:43
Community Manager

Sorry I'am out but indeed what raztoki wrote might be true.

Also I totally forgot about chunkload - if your downloads have been started with multiple chunks, you can of course not easily resume these downloads with any other software.

Especially if you got plenty of files, I suggest to simply re-download them.
... or was it only one single file?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 25.09.2019, 14:10
JD Beta

@pspzockerscene
He has a single ".part" file, so the tools @raztoki gave (thanks you for that btw) should work.
@darktron you will find the doc of wget and curl here :
Code:
www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/wget.html
curl.haxx.se/docs/manual.html

Last edited by Demongornot; 25.09.2019 at 14:13. Reason: Couldn't post those legitimate liks...
Old 25.09.2019, 17:59
darktron

Quote:
@pspzockerscene
He has a single ".part" file, so the tools @raztoki gave (thanks you for that btw) should work.
@darktron you will find the doc of wget and curl here :
Code:
www.gnu.org/software/wget/manual/wget.html
curl.haxx.se/docs/manual.html
Yes, I have only one .part file that once completed should be a .msixvc file.

Thanks for the links, I checked the documents and managed to start Curl on my pc but I really don't know where to start! (forgive my ignorance) I saw some related commands but none refers to incomplete files or .part.

I will need help on what commands to use, thanks!

Last edited by darktron; 25.09.2019 at 23:12.
Old 26.09.2019, 11:54
JD Beta

What you are looking for is the "Resuming File Transfers" section of Curl's doc.
Use CTRL + F to search for words in a page (should work with all web browser), and search for "Resuming", it appear only once in this doc, you shouldn't have trouble finding it.
Old 27.09.2019, 01:03
darktron

I think it will not be possible =/
The situation changes when they are large files, you have to use other complicated (at least for me) alternatives to do so like this **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**