JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 05.11.2012, 16:47
DerJens

Default JD2 Feedback

Inzwischen benutze ich den JD2 wegen der aktuelleren Hoster Plugins lieber als den JD0.9x. Unter Windows 7 x64 läuft er bei mir auch sehr stabil.

Folgendes vermisse ich / fand ich beim alten JD besser:

Der Kontrast des UI Styles ist sehr schlecht.
Den "Griff" in der rechten Scrollbar erkennt man z.B. kaum.

Mit Windows "Font-Size" 125% passt im Linksammler der rechte Teil (Ansichten) nicht, so dass dort eine unnötige horizontale Scrollbar auftaucht.
25 Pixel breiter und die Scrollbar ist weg.

Den Toolbar Manager vermisse ich.
Ihr habt bereits angekündigt, dass er nachgeliefert wird...

Die Kontext Menüs sollten noch einmal optimiert werden.
Solche essentiellen Items wie "Zurücksetzen, Starten, Anhalten, Fortsetzen und Priorität" gehören nicht unbedingt in die zweite Menü-Ebene.
Die "Löschen und..." Menüitems scheinen noch keine Funktion zu haben.

Im Linksammler war im JD0.9 der Punkt "nur ausgewählte Anbieter behalten" recht praktisch. Kommt der Menüpunkt im JD2 wieder?

Die Link-Grabber Filter sind cool. Genauso wie der Packagizer.
Schön wäre da aber eine Option, dass man gefilterte Links komplett verwerfen kann.
Bei mir taucht immer ein Button "gefilterte Links wiederherstellen" auf, über den ich die unerwünschten Links noch einmal separat aus dem Linkgrabber löschen muss...

Danke euch,

Grüße
Jens

Last edited by DerJens; 05.11.2012 at 17:18.
Old 06.11.2012, 15:20
sojakai

Since I can't read German, and I can't get Google to translate pages in the forums here, I am sorry if I mention something that was said in one of those postings or from a reply to them... I am trying to be Constructive in my comments here, thats why I tried to list what I like from JD1, and what was done in JD2...it kind of fell apart at some point.

I find that JD2 is a complete step in reverse. I admit that I have only used this version for about an hour, but its extremely frustrating trying to find the features of JD1 in JD2 that I use.

Download Panel
JD1: Resizeable Colums is great to have so I can size them to fit the data being displayed as needed. Normally the info is only so big, so its easy to fit everything that I need. Mostly Filename, Host, Filesize, Status, and Progress. They display just what is needed. The Info Bar on the bottom of the screen displays everything else of interest, and can be extended to show more information in regards to a single Download Package or Single Download in a Package. Lastly All the needed buttons are at the Top of the Screen, and if they aren't, you can add them. I love that I can close JD with an "Exit" button instead of having to hunt it down in a menu. I really like that I can change the Number of Chunks being downloaded and the Overall number of Downloads. Most of the time I only want to download 1 file at a time, and use 4 Chunks. But sometimes I need to set for more downloads at once, or only 1 or 2 Chunks. I wish that JD would automatically know how many chunks Can be downloaded simultaneously from a hoster and only connect to as many Chunks as they allow.

JD2: We can't resize the Categories in the Category bar to better fit whats being displayed in their respective columns. They take up way too much space for stuff that displays really small, and the Progress bar, which needs more room and is given too little. What happened to the Info Bar at the bottom? Everything that was useful there is now scattered in the Context Menu and worthless when needed to check them, as you have to hunt down what you want. Lastly, Needed Buttons are Not where they are Needed, and to make it worse, You can't Put them back or Add them. You need to put the Chunks Per File and Number of Files back in the lower right courner like JD1 has them. Some hosters only let you download 1 or 2 chunks from them, and its no good when JD2 is set to download 4 and Can't or Won't download the file because its trying to Grab To Many Chunks.

Linkgrabber Panel
JD1: Add URLs, Add Containers, Continue with All, and Clear List. Having the option to have it set below the window or on top. It would be handy to have a button for "Continue with Selected" and "Merge Selected". I love having the Info Bar at the bottom of the screen. Its great being able to Choose/Change where I want a download to go. I tend to ctrl+C a lot of links in my browser and then tell JD where I want them placed, or combine links and then tell it where to download too.

JD2, these options are hidden under a menu, so they are inconvenient to get too. We can't move them. Got those two buttons, but not where they are useful. And I just don't understand the Filename Filter. Never had a need for it, nor can I see a use. What happened to the Info Bar on the bottom of the screen? That side bar has one or two of the click boxes from it, other than choosing to Autostart a download, which I never do, it does allow you to toggle what is displayed. While interesting, and I do use it in JD1 from time to time, it was better left as a Context Menu item, or at least being made smaller to fit the rest of the Info Bar stuff that is Sadly Missing. Lastly, we can't even resize the Categories in the Category bar to better fit whats being displayed in their respective columns. They take up way too much space for stuff that displays really small, and the stuff, like Name, where you might want to give more room is given too little.

Settings Panel
I have no idea why you would move it, but it is no longer in a place of convenience. But its not that bad having it under a button. You also removed a bunch of settings that were useful. I can't find how to add/change the buttons at the top of the window, like having a button for removing dead links in Linkgrabber, or Exiting JD (A button that I use every time I close JD.). But you should go back an look at JD1's in order to return functionality to the Settings. JD1 had a better feel, as everything is where it is expected to be. I'm still looking through the settings looking for things that I just can't find, and half the time, I'm not sure quite what I am looking for. I tried looking through the Advanced Settings section, but I can't quite figure out what half the settings are, and I don't want to spend several hours going one by one changing a setting and then trying to figure out where it changed, before moving to the next one down.

To try and sum up, I see that you are trying to make progress, but JD2 has a look and feel of an Early Creation 1st try, before it gets a good Rough Shaping and Sanding. It's not ready for a Finish Polishing yet.

Last edited by sojakai; 06.11.2012 at 16:01.
Old 06.11.2012, 15:39
Koto99

Also ich bin wieder zu v1 nightly.

Die v2 ist mir zu Buggy.
Es hagelt alle möglichen Fehlermeldungen. Was definiv am JDownloader liegt. Sobald ich andere Programme nehme, habe ich 98% der Meldungen nicht mehr.

Die hälfte der Optionen fehlt bzw sind nicht fertig und der rest ist buggy.

Ich habe auch keine Ahnung ob andere das Problem nicht haben oder einfach mehr Gedult haben. Oder das Ding auch weniger benutzen und deswegen weniger Fehler bemerken.

Mein Urteil: Katastrope.
Old 09.11.2012, 03:35
hfok

I really miss 2 things:
1. create subfolder with packagename if possible.

2. Copy URL (in JD1, you can copy mass URL at one click.
Attached Thumbnails
QQ1.jpg   QQ2.jpg  
Old 09.11.2012, 19:48
Community Manager

1.Settings->Packagizer
2.Mark links->Strg + C

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 12.11.2012, 11:49
BerserkLeon

I am disappointed that you dropped the original Click'n'load feature in jD2 for the new C'n'L2. I can understand wanting to make it more platform-independent, but as of right now it's MUCH more complicated to make a click'n'load link on a page than before. Especially since there's no simple, integrated way for one to generate the html form needed for each individual container/link.
As of right now, CnL for the original jD is much simpler and easier to use. And Since CnL2 uses HTML, you're basically screwing over anyone who posts click'n'load links/buttons on forums, since almost all forums have HTML disabled.

This is pretty much my ONLY complaint with jD2, but it bothers me enough that I've gone back to jD for the time being.

shorter explanation: It's much easier to code
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**dlc://server.com/dlc.dlc
than it is to code
Code:
<FORM ACTION="**External links are only visible to Support Staff** target="hidden" METHOD="POST">
   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="passwords" VALUE="myPassword"> 
   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="source" VALUE="http://jdownloader.org/spielwiese">  
   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="jk" VALUE="function f(){ return '31323334353637383930393837363534';}">
   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="crypted" VALUE="DRurBGEf2ntP7Z0WDkMP8e1ZeK7PswJGeBHCg4zEYXZSE3Qqxsbi5EF1KosgkKQ9SL8qOOUAI+eDPFypAtQS9A==">
   <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="submit" VALUE="Add Link to JDownloader">
</FORM>
And most forums have HTML disabled.

If you take suggestions- if you don't want to change the feature, you could (hopefully) include the CNL from jD in jD2 along with CNL2. Having both in jD2 would solve my complaint.
Old 23.11.2012, 07:44
Tertius

Bis jetzt finde ich JD2 im Handling einfach nur umständlich! Warum musste so viel verändert werden?

Bei dem neuen muss man sich jedes mal umständlich durch die Menüstruktur kämpfen.
Beim alten reichte ein Doppelklick auf die herunterzuladende Datei/Ordner und man hatte alle wichtigen Optionen auf einen Blick und konnte die schnell und einfach verändern. Passwort, Speicherort, Kommentar usw. Dort gab es auch eine History mit den bisher verwendeten Download Ordnern, diese konnte ich bei jedem Download einfach auswählen ohne irgendwo anders hin klicken zu müssen.

Dann hat man endlich alle Einstellungen gemacht und anstatt nur auf einen Button drücken zu müssen um die Links in die Downloadliste einzufügen muss ich den kleinen Pfeil drücken dann auf "auswahl herunterladen" und dann noch mal auf "in die downloadliste übernehmen". Also umständlicher gehts nicht.

Wenn ihr das alles wieder so machen könntet wie beim Vorgänger, wäre echt klasse und ich stehe sicher nicht alleine da mit dieser Meinung.

Last edited by Tertius; 23.11.2012 at 07:48.
Old 23.11.2012, 17:23
JD Legend

Wenn du alles in die Downloadliste übernehmen willst, einfach den Button anklicken. Wenn du nur die Auswahl in die Downloadliste übernehmen willst, ist ein Klick mehr nötig. Übers Kontextmenü sind zwar ebenfalls 2 Klicks nötig, aber dort muss man nicht erst in ein Untermenü wechseln.
Old 24.11.2012, 20:27
TheFrog

Im Großen und Ganzen finde ich die v2 gut, besser als die v1. Aber eines stört mich massiv - dass ich zum Setzen der Priorität in ein Submenü muss, noch dazu als letzter Punkt, wo ich gelegentlich aus dem Menü herausfahre und dann wieder hinauf muss.
Bitte erspart uns die Untermenüs!
Old 25.11.2012, 21:56
Community Manager

Die Untermenüs werden noch geändert.
Eventuell, aber ich kann nichts versprechen, da ich kein Hauptentwickler bin, kommt sowas wie ein "Untermenü-Manager".

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 27.11.2012, 03:33
ReXTaR

hello .. is a pity that no German, a little English ... just start using the JD2, at first glance I thought it was great, we move everything I thought it was convenient to work as I like ... certainly could find almost everything ... this issue of the silent update, because although I read several posts ... As I understood ... not completely finished those options, say, the intention is that the program is restarted at half discharge and having to start again or wait for the time the server check, things like that ... but it appears to be installed silently gave me some problems when trying to start new downloads, as it has allowed me not and did not initiate if not until I click the update button ...

But ... is a nice touch power setting perzonalizar each column width, but it is tedious to have to go checking column by column which is not blocked or that if ... and yet I can not understand the criterion of ascending or descending order, for normally ordered per server and my bitshare freakshare should appear before ... while the names of the files are not sorted as before ...

all of a sudden it seemed good change, just a matter of getting used to, and most importantly, learn how to use and configure ... JD2 because the custom of JD makes you complain that fly to fly ..

in my case the only option is driving me crazy ... move to a new package, always use it, I like to gather the thousand links and go click ordering them by name or by server or by size or to compare or identify which already down and delete the repeated ... things like that ... I try to use it, I try to drag each link, alone or together ... but will not let me ... I choose two packages and give clikc right to use Move even new package is disabled ... why is this happening? if it was working perfectly fine and I have not moved more than the initial configurations ....

I also remove and download speed graph, I think I consumed resources and the tapeworm JD disabled, but I could not find on which option I can remove it ...
Old 27.11.2012, 14:07
CityWok

The link grabber forces Jdownloader2 to pop up in front of the web browser which can be annoying if there are multiple links to copy.

I cant find a way to get rid of finished links.
Old 27.11.2012, 15:19
Spanish Supporter

@CityWok to disable the pop up.....

tab settings ---> light tray ---> show JDownloader if new links were grabbed (select the option never)

to delete the finished links just use the button successful downloads in the tab Downloads, delete the links manually.

Remember that in this thread you can only put your disimprovements in JD2 (read the first post).

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Last edited by Lram32; 27.11.2012 at 15:22.
Old 28.11.2012, 17:08
Wind Gust

Default Horrible Context Menu Structure

Hello,

I just want to mention that I find the new context menu structure totally irritating and unworkable.
Not just because it's new or different. I just doesn't makes things easier. I know you want to make it compact, but the cascaded entries 'Properties' 'Archives' and 'Other' just mix up things and the logic behind is never clear. Maybe for the archives section it works, but not for the others. It would help to keep straight uncascaded sections just separated by a line. Cascaded Menus are alway a hassle, wrong mouse movement they disappear and so on. You could make it selectable for users whether they want cascaded menus or not. Customizable Menus would be even better. I think most users would appreciate the possibility.

I hope this is not the final stage. I totally love JDownloader and I just want to help.

Best,
Novalis
Old 29.11.2012, 00:44
bobobo

Thumbs up Feature Request

Ich fände schön wenn man endlich on-the-fly sektionen hinzufügen und entfernen könnte. ist ein download einmal mit 3 sektionen gestartet lässt sich daran nichts mehr ändern genauso wenn er mit nur einer sektion gestartet wurde...
Old 29.11.2012, 01:17
Ehrenmitglied

Was sind Sektionen?
Old 29.11.2012, 01:20
bobobo

bei JD werden sie "Max. Verbindungen pro Download" genannt...
Old 29.11.2012, 04:01
Vacuum Cleaner

Disabling 'Move Into New Package' on the download tab is a bit odd and troublesome. I used it in JD1 all the time to correlate a massive list under one umbrella.
Old 30.11.2012, 14:09
ELDL

Mir gefällt der JD2 ganz gut ... find mich prima zurecht. Allerdings ist er in der Tat noch instabil ... bei zB. schließt sich der JD immer selbstständig ohne Fehler ohne Log (ich vermute mal er stürzt einfach ab) wenn es ans entpacken von fertigen Downloads geht.

Sehr gut finde ich den neuen Link Sammler und die Funktion "entferne links von erfolgreich entpackten Dateien". Das fehlte im jd 1 eindeutig immer ^^

Ich warte noch bis die Bugs behoben sind, kann aber vom ersten Eindruck her sonst nur positives verzeichnen. Das mit den Untermenüs stört mich, im Gegensatz zu vielen anderen, nicht wirklich. Mir geht es eher um das gute stabile Management der Downloads anstatt um Design Debatten.
Old 02.12.2012, 04:01
JD Addict

I've only just switched to JD2 after several years and TB with JD1 (thank you so much!). I'm running Win XP with all updates, AMD graphics board.

Here are some critical features I find missing:

####) Drag & drop in the Downloads list. This is EXTREMELY important in letting me arrange things to get what I want most and defer the less important things. It is much, much easier to use and more flexible than the priority system. The latter still has a place but please, don't expect it to replace the positioning feature.

####) Ability for JD2 to create the download folder as soon as the link goes on the Downloads list. This is crucial because many of my packages won't start for hours, days, or even a week. But I need to immediately save some important things (such as the source URL) into the directory where the downloaded files will eventually go.

As noted, I consider the above to be critical omissions. Here are other issues that immediately come to mind. I know there are more but want to get this posted:

#) In Linkgrabber the option to "Delete all but the selected host" is missing. This is very useful when importing Multidownload or EmbedDownload-type packages.

#) I can't import JD1 link files. Very often, JD1 telling me that I had already gotten a file saved me from making a mistake. I'd like to carry that history into JD2.

#) Assigning a download package name remains as flaky as it was in JD1. Sometimes it takes; sometimes not.

Thanks,

Arbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrupBuccaneer View Post
Disabling 'Move Into New Package' on the download tab is a bit odd and troublesome. I used it in JD1 all the time to correlate a massive list under one umbrella.
I absolutely agree. Also the "merge into one package". These features are so important... why would they be removed?

I wonder why it is even necessary to create JD2. It would mean that so many people had incurable issues with JD1 that a new version was necessary - and it would fix all the problems. But that doesn't seem true.

I have used JD1 very much, but never used things like anti-captcha, or packages etc. I just cut and pasted links into Linkgrabber, typed in a download folder name, and let it go. I rarely download anything from free sites because they are too slow overall.

For this direct and simple use, JD1 seems very adequate. My ONLY major problem with it is that recently many large file pieces have ended up with CRC errors - so I had to repeat a whole night's effort. JD2 for some reason did the same packages with no problem, and no hung / stopped downloads. Once I finally get the downloads set up (so much harder now...) JD2 does seem more reliable.

--> It seems likely that if JD1 received the work and resources that will have to be put into JD2 to get it "right", there would be no need for JD2. JD1 is a fine piece of work, after all.

Sorry to go a little off-topic here, but I am finding so many "disimprovements" that I wanted to add my 2 pfennigs.

Arbie

Add to the list: Linkgrabber no longer shows hoster names - only their icons. When opening an embedupload link just now I have 8 of them, and recognize none. And the info isn't available on any Properties screen! Please make the hoster name optional.

Thx
Arbie

After a download successfully completes and is unpacked, there is no longer a green checkmark icon / decoration. Instead the "Bytes Loaded" count drops to zero (?!?). The progress bar does say 100%, but that doesn't mean (or does it?) that the file CRC and extraction were both OK.

Without the decoration it's hard to scan the list and see if there were any problem packages.

Please bring back the green checkmark from JD1 - but also make it work correctly. It should only appear if all necessary operations completed successfully. It still doesn't do that in JD1.

Thx
Arbie

Now I have to go through two menus to set a download's priority. And once it's set, it doesn't always show up in the priority column. Often the entry stays blank.

Also FYI - the rightmost two icons in the very top row (above the window tabs) don't have pop-up helps. Without knowing what they do I don't want to click on them.

Thx
Arbie

Last edited by eisbaer; 02.12.2012 at 12:23. Reason: Mehrfachpost