JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 18.03.2019, 15:17
Banned

I have some information on this subject, no specific information?
Old 21.04.2019, 23:24
Wind Gust

Guys I have had the same problem, however I just downloaded 2 files back to back using JDownloader not the webpage and I know this was not the case last night because I was here read this thread. Hopefully some will have similar luck and this crisis will be over.
Old 22.04.2019, 09:02
Banned

Even i am facing this same issue.

Last edited by devacharya55; 21.06.2019 at 15:11.
Old 13.06.2019, 16:13
Fibre Channel User

Unhappy I am loosing the last bit of my patience with Google...

Hello, once again...

I'm writing another post in this thread just to register my renewed frustration with Google Recaptcha and also in the hopes that something (in the "near" future, perhaps) may be done in terms of a solution jDownload may find and implement (two separate and very hard things to do, I recognize).

In the past weeks I have literally given up on doing anything at all that involves me solving a Recaptcha challenge. Unfortunately, the web has slowly become so nasty with "bad actors" that more and more sites are requiring me to complete a Recaptcha challenge, even for the most trivial things, like logging into a site, filling up a form, etc.

Last year, I was hopeful that a "non-javascript" version of the captcha would become more "human" and less time-consuming (and more widely available), but that never came to fruition... See that post here: https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...&postcount=134

I don't know what I did wrong, or if it is just the fact that I am, indeed, filling up more captchas every single day, but it is becoming harder and (worst of all) more and more time-consuming:
- many sequential screens to solve,
- with many replacement images that seem to never stop,
- with many selection tasks that sometimes requires more than 12 mouse clicks,
- followed by many "try again" screens even when that coveted and supposed last "verify" screen comes out.
(and in many cases the images are getting worse and worse quality, which makes it yet another degree of dificulty)

I maintain, although some people have already refuted me, that Google will never fix this on their side because they're using us to train their AI engine (specially for self driving cars).
This video "You've been training AI for free" ( youtu.be / 1-cZkc7gyfI ) by the site "The Verge" just came out, and I believe it's pretty good evidence.

I have used most of the tools discussed in this thread and in the (surprisingly) very few resources available in this topic around the web. They used to work relatively well before (cleaning up web browser, private mode, etc), but now they are not helping. I realize that being logged in with own personal Google account on my main browser (firefox) does not help my case, but in this day and age I can not escape it...

My reasons for this post, besides wanting to incentivize the conversation on this topic, is:

(1) I wonder if everybody else is experiencing the same or is it just me?

(2) Any of you guys "see a light at the end of this tunnel", be it in a technical solution or any other kind of development?
Old 13.06.2019, 16:18
JD Manager

2.) You might wanna try out the Android MyJDownloader App where we've already implemented the *non js* variant of Recaptcha. You can *switch mode* the recaptcha mode. Might be worth a try. We're also working on some ideas for the Browser extension but can only hope that it might improve the situation but cannot guarantee/promise it. We don't know ourselves what Google does or when...sometimes it works perfectly fine for me on first/2nd try, sometimes it's mix of good/bad and some other days I only get *please train my AI till death* captcha loops
Old 14.06.2019, 08:44
Fibre Channel User

Thumbs up

Hello, Jiaz,
thank you so much for your quick response.

I am always very happy to read your posts, you really seem to be a wonderful person. Thank you for tolerating our questions for so much time... Your time and dedication is very well appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
2.) You might wanna try out the Android MyJDownloader App where we've already implemented the *non js* variant of Recaptcha. You can *switch mode* the recaptcha mode. Might be worth a try.
I will definitely try that, I was indeed aware of its existence, but had never tried. Thanks for pointing me to that solution.

Quote:
We're also working on some ideas for the Browser extension but can only hope that it might improve the situation but cannot guarantee/promise it. We don't know ourselves what Google does or when...
That is good to know. Thank you for the information. You are absolutely right, when it comes to this problem, it would be impossible to give any type of guarantee. You can even find a fix for it today and it might very well be completely broken and unusable by tomorrow, thanks to the might power of Google, its own interests and all of the secrecy involved in this reCaptcha problem. I can even understand if you feel a little bit of despair sometimes, given the nature and characteristics of this problem.

Its clear they have a legitimate problem in their hands (protection against automated machines on the web), but the way they go about solving it has became really suspicious (in my opinion). I understand the need for secrecy (to a point), but where does reCaptcha stop being a web tool and starts becoming an indispensable data mining/AI training tool in the service of a private company? How much abuse can they really force on us?

I wonder if you have ever considered "fiddling" with the reCaptcha tool on jdownloader.org site itself, in order to fully understand exactly what options are available for site owners when you use the tool:
- do you really have full control on how hard or how easy the puzzle will be for your users?
- can you limit the number of screens?
- can you limit the matrix of the image (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, etc)?
...and many more questions that seems to be NOT documented anywhere on the web.

Quote:
sometimes it works perfectly fine for me on first/2nd try, sometimes it's mix of good/bad and some other days I only get *please train my AI till death* captcha loops
This made me laugh, I'm really ashamed to say... "please train my AI till death" is the most perfect phrasing for this system. I don't know what is wrong with us humans that we take (even moderate) comfort in knowing that others share in our pain...
Old 17.06.2019, 01:12
Official 9kw.eu Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio20 View Post
... in order to fully understand exactly what options are available for site owners when you use the tool:
Options? WHERE? WHERE? ...okay. Sitekey, Domaincheck, IP-Check and useless easy/middle/hard option (site admin). You have used easy? nice, not really. Google says you are evil, you get your very hard captcha, not easy, never, NEVER!

Site admin example (Advanced Settings):

You can test it under 9kw.eu/captchademo/recaptcha_v2.html ("Easy", "Standard", "Hard", domain validation, invisible)

Quote:
- do you really have full control on how hard or how easy the puzzle will be for your users?
Not really. Google has the power, not the user or site admin.

Quote:
- can you limit the number of screens?
No.

Quote:
- can you limit the matrix of the image (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, etc)?
No.

Quote:
...and many more questions that seems to be NOT documented anywhere on the web.
You can try your own recaptcha and google account. It's free. But google changes are always present and never documented.

Last edited by thecoder2012; 17.06.2019 at 03:12.
Old 17.06.2019, 11:14
JD Manager

Quote:
Hello, Jiaz,
thank you so much for your quick response.

I am always very happy to read your posts, you really seem to be a wonderful person. Thank you for tolerating our questions for so much time... Your time and dedication is very well appreciated.
Thank you very much for your kind words!
Old 21.06.2019, 20:25
Fibre Channel User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoder2012 View Post
Options? WHERE? WHERE? ...okay. Sitekey, Domaincheck, IP-Check and useless easy/middle/hard option (site admin). You have used easy? nice, not really. Google says you are evil, you get your very hard captcha, not easy, never, NEVER!
Site admin example (Advanced Settings):
You can test it under 9kw.eu/captchademo/recaptcha_v2.html ("Easy", "Standard", "Hard", domain validation, invisible)
Not really. Google has the power, not the user or site admin.
No.
No.
You can try your own recaptcha and google account. It's free. But google changes are always present and never documented.
Thank you so much for your very detailed reply! Many things there that I did not know...
You're absolutely right, it is kind of a "race" and we're all being left behind in the dust. I really don't see how we can possibly shift the balance of power in this, specially because Google just don't care. In a way, it is like a few software developers that only cater to people with modern and powerful CPU/GPU machines. If you have to use the software with a "not so current hardware", it's practically mandatory that you will be angry every day. You pay the same as everybody else, but they just don't care about you (they actually prefer you didn't exist)...

Let's just hope something drastic changes in this "race" in the next few years, in a way that they will be forced to invent a new product to deal with the "robots" and we'll possibly have a more humane challenge to deal with, specially because the last thing we need right now (and probably for the foreseeable future) is yet another reason the be angry on a daily basis...
Old 29.06.2019, 00:07
JD VIP

Just for information, here is a link to a report on a study that suggests being logged into a Google makes it more likely you will pass a RECAPTCHA - and demotes those with privacy concerns or anti trackers - which is weird because earlier in this thread I seemed to find being logged in to Google was worst for me , and have been using the incognito browser option ever since - with variable results - it seems to also depend on which file host is priding the link.
Quote:
Analysis Google's reCAPTCHA v3 system, designed to separate people from bots during website interactions, is more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt as a human if you happen to be signed in to your Google Account – and is more likely to deem you dubious if you're trying to protect your privacy, recent research suggests.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

theregister.co.uk/2019/06/28/google_recaptcha_favoring_google

Last edited by Patr100; 29.06.2019 at 00:09.
Old 29.06.2019, 02:21
English Supporter

@Patr100
thats recaptchav3 which is still in early trails from google
most sites are still using version 2

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.09.2019, 15:53
Junior Loader

as of today I am no longer able to use Waterfox 56.2.14 (64-bit) with Browser Extension 3.2.34 (6-09-2019)
I am forced to use Chrome as the default browser until this is fixed
Captcha_broken.png
Old 06.09.2019, 15:58
JD Manager

@James: as the message shows, the error is due to recaptcha and not browser extension.
Old 06.09.2019, 16:34
Junior Loader

I'm not sure I follow Jiaz, if it was the recaptcha in general then surely it would fail in chrome too?
I don't have a problem with JD using chrome but I don't want it as a default browser, is there an option in JD to set which browser it can open for the recaptcha, if not would that be something that could appear in the future.
Old 06.09.2019, 16:42
JD Manager

The message is clear?! Recaptcha shows *Please upgrade to a supported browser* .
Yes, you can change browser to use, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...29&postcount=3
Old 29.09.2019, 10:58
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The message is clear?! Recaptcha shows *Please upgrade to a supported browser* .
Yes, you can change browser to use, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Thank you for your support Jiaz, I have found why I had the problem, my user agent had been altered to this.
Code:
general.useragent.override = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
I do not know how nor what software created this advanced setting. the fix was simply to delete the entry.
Old 30.09.2019, 15:43
JD Manager

@James: thanks for taking time to investigate and share your findings Glad you could solve this by yourself!
Old 29.12.2019, 00:12
Ratta89

Unhappy

The manual Recaptcha solving in the browser does not work for me. Specifically, if I ask JD 2 to download a URL like

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I'm sent to the browser, where the recaptcha frame will give the red message "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type" (see attached screenshot). This happens on many sites, not just on mixdrop.

I'm running Jdownloader 2 (Build date Dec 28) on Windows 7, Chrome 79.0.3945.88 (no adblocker), Jdownloader extension 3.2.33.
Attached Images
File Type: png Catchaerrorscrn.png (51.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 29.12.2019, 01:39
Official 9kw.eu Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratta89 View Post
I'm sent to the browser, where the recaptcha frame will give the red message "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type" (see attached screenshot). This happens on many sites, not just on mixdrop.
Which sites? Mixdrop is already known.

Old 06.01.2020, 09:10
Ratta89

Another site with the same error message is vidup.io, e.g. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**