JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.09.2018, 23:43
DSL User

Default define download highest video quality

hello. jdownloader2 has so many options and i really like that.. but sometimes, because there is so much, you cant find specific things.
when i try to download videos (from various sites, not only youtube, but other sites, too) then all possible qualities are listed in jdownloader. problem is.. when i try to download 50 different video links at once, then 1. it take really long to search and find all and finally complete the gathering, and 2. i need to delete low quality videos by hand.
so is there a possibility to prevent jdownloader to look for all qualities but for the best only?
Old 11.09.2018, 10:32
JD Manager

Quality selection/handling is part of a plugin and therefore the plugin must support it.
Please provide example links and we can check those plugins and maybe add quality selection to them. But just to make it clear, there is no single *best quality* option. You will have to setup the various plugins to your own needs
Old 15.10.2018, 04:28
DSL User

first of all, sorry for not answering for so long.
well the problem here is, im not referring to only one website. im talking in general. if i download videos from many different websites. so if i, for example, provide a video link from a website, and if its possible to edit the plugin so i can choose video quality of the bunch of videos i wan to download beforehand, then it will probably only work for the plugin for that specific site.
so im actually talking bout many different sites. lets say i find many good videos on website A, then some good on website B, on website C etc...
then, i think, unfortunately all plugins need to be edited for the specific website.
am i right with that?
so its too much work i think

Last edited by kanink; 15.10.2018 at 04:36.
Old 16.10.2018, 12:59
JD Manager

Even with plugins being updated this won't work because for this to work, JDownloader has to recognize different files from different sites as mirrors/same video and after that also has to determine the quality without much information. There is support available for comparing files other than finding mirrors.

And yes, this would require major changes to many parts of JDownloader for very little use-case. We can only try to optimize plugins for sites that offer multiple qualities/resolutions and add options/settings for those