JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 12.03.2018, 10:38
Black Hole

Default Is there any way to not queue up multiple captchas?

This is an old issue I've had, but I was able to deal with it until RCv2 became the new normal for almost every site.

Scenario: When I start JD or move a bunch of links from LinkGrabber to the Download tab, it launches up to the max simultaneous downloads all at the same time. This isn't a problem... if the captchas didn't take so long to solve. My IP address "reputation" is so bad that I pretty much get the worst captchas for all sites now. Which means over a minute to solve all those slow fade-out-fade-in pictures.

Problem: If it queues up 3 RCv2 captchas all in a row, that's close to 5 minutes until I get to the queued up SolveMedia or nonstandard captchas. Which sometimes have by then timed out on their respective sites, causing the site to force an hour or more wait. Rapidgator is notorious for this, if you don't solve the captcha within a 1 or 2 minute window it blocks you for 1 to 2 hours. Fileboom seems to be doing that as well, though it's too inconsistent for me to say that with certainty.

What I'm trying to do is still have my "x" number of simultaneous downloads, but start them sequentially rather than trying to launch them all at once. Otherwords, if there's a captcha pending, don't queue up the next one until the captcha has been solved. My workaround, which is a real pain in the rear, is to start JD without starting downloads, force start one link at a time until I get to 4 running at once, then hit run so they don't all start at once. Or, start the RG and FB ones first, then hit Run. Anything to keep the queued captchas from timing out at the site (independent of JD).
Old 12.03.2018, 17:50
JD Manager

I think of several solutions to help in this situation
1.) option to start downloads one by one. allow/start next one when previous one(s) are in download state
2.) sort captcha queue and let you solve the one that will expire next
2.1.) requires updates to plugin to set proper captcha timeout values depending on host (for example rapidgator as you described)

personally I think a combination of both would be fine

Old 12.03.2018, 17:54
JD Manager

In meantime you could workaround this with help of eventsrcipter script that increases max downloads when current limit are downloading. You can ask mgpai for help with this, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525
Old 14.03.2018, 08:22
Black Hole

It would still be helpful if the next captcha isn't requested until the current one is solved. Right now, if you open a captcha, the next one is already popping up and pulling focus and starting it's clock. This is all with only 1 captcha at a time set. JD should be able to trigger off the captcha completion instead of the captcha opening for it's count.
Old 14.03.2018, 10:37
JD Manager

That's not possible because it is the website that is timing out. To achive this we would need to touch EVERY single plugin of many thousands to change it to only process website one by one. Also there are users using captcha solving services that can handle many captchas at the same time. RecaptchaV2 can be kept alive (Browser Extension and MyJDownloader apps already do this), just the dialog counter is not yet fixed (to increase time again) but you can stop the timeout on recaptchav2 captchas in dialog by mouse over movement. For other captchas its not the captcha that times out but the website/session/time window.
Old 17.03.2018, 12:03
English Supporter

there are also other complications like, for instance a site that uses multiple captcha types and you don't know which one you will get until (series of) page request has been requested.... so you can't always queue up in some logical/managed format, best fit there would be slot situation were slot opens and gets used.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]