JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.07.2018, 09:48
Wind Gust

It's even getting worst now.

The open dialog for recaptcha is redirected directly to the download site, if I go back one page I can read this:

Localhost is not in the list of supported domains for this site key.

Looks like for me, they blacklisted "localhost"?
Old 13.07.2018, 10:46
JD Manager

localhost got disabled by Google since many months(October 2017) and no longer in use since then
Old 13.07.2018, 10:47
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira300467 View Post
The open dialog for recaptcha is redirected directly to the download site
That is correct. The original website is loaded and either a captcha is shown or the original/existing captcha is re-used.
Old 13.07.2018, 11:27
Wind Gust

In my case the check box after the My-downloader site didnt come, instead it redirect to the hoster site! Thats not what I get ever before.
Old 13.07.2018, 12:33
JD Manager

Yes, that is the *new* handling and the desired behavior
Old 13.07.2018, 23:33
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Yes, that is the *new* handling and the desired behavior
I'm sorry, but this isn't 'desired' by me. I use JDownloader in order not to download through the browser. You lose all the benefits of using a download manager by doing this and render JDownloader obsolete.

I really hope this is a very temporary measure.
Old 14.07.2018, 02:10
Bandwidth Beast

I think it would be nice if there is a mode(old/new behavior) switch in extension.
Old 14.07.2018, 10:15
Black Hole

Looks like I won't be updating my browser extension if that's the case. The way it's working with the version I have is fine by me. Yes, the extreme number of captchas it takes to get a download started is excessive, but some sites with malware embedded in their ad scripts are one of the reasons I use JD... to avoid opening those pages.
Old 14.07.2018, 18:41
Guardian of the Droids

Downloads are still done through JDownloader!
You only need to solve the captcha in your browser.

If you think there's an issue, please write a short mail to support@jdownloader.org and describe what's happening. The current way of solving these captchas is very new, we need your feedback to find out if it's working everywhere! Also let us know if the captcha difficulty is decreasing or not.
Old 14.07.2018, 18:44
Mega Loader

I don't believe there is a technical solution to this problem, at least not from JD side. The new handling is a stop gap at best; and doesn't really help. I just spent ten minutes trying to get through reCaptcha on uploaded.to and failed.

Maybe a political solution:
- File a complaint against Google here: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
- Send news tip/complaint to mainstream news media: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
- Flood hosting sites that are using recaptcha with complaints. Threaten to begin campaign to ban sites using reCaptcha from forums.
- If no response, in a week or so, do just that.
- Continue sending complaints to: support@recaptcha.net.
Old 14.07.2018, 18:45
Mega Loader

Moderators, please enable the external links for my last post.
Old 16.07.2018, 10:50
Black Hole

Dammit. Apparently I'd left autoupdate on for the browser plugin on Firefox. Since I'd been using the plugin on Chrome (and have the autoupdate OFF) I didn't get the "new, improved" plugin. But I switched it back tonight and, yep, FF has the new plugin.

1) Does it improve Captcha difficulty? Not in the slightest.

2) The whole point of using JD for me on some websites was to NOT load their page and have to hunt down the (sometimes obscure, hidden) free download button. Now, back to hunting.

3) Plus some sites have a pre-captcha wait (sometimes 2-3 minutes) for the captcha countdown timer (and some sites, that's mandatory, if you move off the tab, the timer stops). JD normally does all that in the background, but now having to go to their page to capture the captcha... wait, wait, wait.

4) Specific to Uploaded: There's a 3 hour wait between free downloads. You start a download, and the next "slot" becomes available 3 hours later. Been that way for years. Everyone except JD seems to know that. It was bad enough that JD had to *try* to download (with a captcha) before getting the message that there was a wait time, but with the new plugin, JD never get that message... during the 3-hour window, now it just keeps trying the same file over and over and over... I switched back to the old plugin on Chrome and it at least picked up the wait time after one captcha cycle.

So there's my feedback on the new plugin. I've switched back to the old one. The new one makes the experience so much worse. If it was meant to make the captchas easier, well, it didn't for me, but added a whole layer of exasperation I didn't want. If I wanted that, I'd download directly from the pages or use one of the lighter browser add-on downloaders.
Old 16.07.2018, 17:21
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffdaemon View Post
Moderators, please enable the external links for my last post.
Please repost the links as the forum has *eaten* the links already. Then I can unhide them.
Old 16.07.2018, 17:23
JD Manager

The new extension uses new *captcha handling* and one part of that was to *reuse* existing Captchas from website.

We will release an updated version today that will disable the *reuse* for now on and focus on the overlay version of the updated *captcha handling*.

The main goal of the new *captcha handling* is to have minimal/no imptact/change to site to provide less/no surface for Google to detect *anything* and thereby have same/easier captcha.
Old 16.07.2018, 17:23
JD Manager

@dabrown: please be patient and wait for updated version. We've tested the extension with many sites but there are thousands of sites out there that have *special stuff going on* that we've not tested/noticed and that's why sites with captcha *reuse* might fail. That's why we will disable that with next update.
Old 16.07.2018, 20:59
JD Manager

We will release the update by tomorrow as we found some more websites that cause issues with new handling and have to think about other/different/better solution
Old 17.07.2018, 16:41
Mega Loader

Default reCaptcha complaints

Reposting links:

File an informal complaint with FCC:
consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

When you get to the bottom of the complaint form, guess what is there. That's right. reCaptcha! Took me 5 minutes to fill out the form, 30 minutes to get through reCaptcha roadblock.

Send news tip/complaint to major news media. Here is a list of a bunch with link to each homepage. The links to file a tip are usually pretty easy to find.
ebizmba.com/articles/news-websites

If the links above don't work just do search for:
FCC complaint
Top 15 News Websites

Last edited by Jiaz; 17.07.2018 at 16:54.
Old 17.07.2018, 20:20
Baby Loader

Actually, since yesterday it's much better for me at least for shareonline and uploaded. I had max 5 different captchas to solve and also no "looping" anymore.
Old 18.07.2018, 11:28
JD Manager

@Phoenix015: What browser are you using?
Old 18.07.2018, 20:09
Baby Loader

@Jiaz: Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.99)