JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 18.07.2018, 20:15
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! So it's much better even with old captcha handling, good to know! Thanks
Old 18.07.2018, 21:01
Baby Loader

Default Works (slightly) better on some sites...

It has been so frustrating using JD2 during this Captcha maelstorm over the past few weeks... but last night, I noticed that on some sites, I was down to 1-3 iterations but others were still 10+!

I'm using Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.99) & Firefox (Version 61.0.1).

As I am not an expert, is there a simple guide on how to configure the Capthcas settings - so I can check that I am not doing anything stupid! Is there a simple up-to-date guide for installing & configuring JD2?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
Old 19.07.2018, 11:25
Nikov

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix015 View Post
Actually, since yesterday it's much better for me at least for shareonline and uploaded. I had max 5 different captchas to solve and also no "looping" anymore.
Not here. Share-online more then 18 captchas - realy stupid google ingeneers....
Old 19.07.2018, 11:51
Black Hole

Here's another issue. Linkcrawlers, such as mirrorace, don't HAVE a download button. So when I try to add the mirrorace url, it opens the page and then what? There's nothing to click to get the captcha. The whole idea was to crawl multiple links, not have to click all (in this case) 8 links.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

note: it doesn't always ask for a captcha... you have to crawl more than once I think.
Old 19.07.2018, 12:03
JD Manager

@dabrown: the *non visible* captcha will be addresses with next update of the extension
Old 20.07.2018, 05:05
DSL User

Guys have I accidentally opened a duplicate forum post?

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=78173

I assume this is related?
Old 20.07.2018, 11:35
JD Manager

@maximumfap: I've answered in your other thread
Old 20.07.2018, 17:10
Wind Gust

Is ist only for me, or is it a main problem?
The behavior is changing again.
1. I follow JDownloaers popup to open my browser (Waterfox 56.2.2)
2. Site with uploaded or something else opens
3. After finish the last captcha the site closes again (Still normal till here?)
4. No reaction of JD still the popup there and still on status captcha.
5. I can repeat this again and again, nothing changes this.

Locks like I miss something, I restart my whole system and reinstall the app but nothing works.

How it is possible to download bigger files that take me normaly 14h as free-user, before no problem with JD, because of the possiblity to continue the partly downloaded file.
Old 20.07.2018, 18:14
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@dabrown: the *non visible* captcha will be addresses with next update of the extension
We're working on updated version of the firefox extension. We've identified some issues/bugs with several sites and needs to change handling slighty for those sites. Update is expected for next week.
Old 21.07.2018, 13:34
Black Hole

Now my Chrome plugin is broken. In order to get it to work, I have to refresh the window. Then, some hosts never pass the token back to JDownloader.

Example links: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

It does pass the token back on Firefox (and I have the same version- 3.2.28 on both FF and Chrome) but I have to hunt and find the download button on the website itself, which doesn't happen on Chrome. But since the Chrome plugin won't pass the token back, I can't use it.
Old 22.07.2018, 05:09
Black Hole

Now it's not passing the captcha token back with Uploaded.to on any browser. This is quite frustrating. This fixed nothing and broke what was working. Would have been nice to have the WORKING browser plugin back. The one that did NOT load the freaking site's page. Filefox just keeps throwing plugin errors and also never returning the token:

21.07.18 00.58.43 <--> 21.07.18 19.12.44 jdlog://0721164433151/

Last edited by dabrown; 22.07.2018 at 05:15.
Old 23.07.2018, 15:44
JD Manager

@dabrown: Chrome and Opera are downgraded/reverted back to old/previous captch handling on Friday last week.
Only Firefox has the new captcha handling which has known issues and we're planing to release update to every browser this week.
We will also downgrade firefox in a few minutes to give us more time on next release.
Old 24.07.2018, 01:02
Black Hole

For some reason my Chrome addon decided to "upgrade" to the new version just before it was reverted, I guess. It took multiple tries but it FINALLY went back to the old handling just now.

The FF plugin (or FF itself) has an option to disable automatic upgrades, but the Chrome one does not. Or at least I can't find the option. I suppose it might be with how Chrome caches things which is causing the days-long delay in it switching over.
Old 24.07.2018, 06:57
SSepp

Hi.
How long approximatley until you get the new captcha thingy working again?
It was working fine for me (using Firefox, from share-online) and now I'm back to doing captchas over and over again until it finally accepts it.
Any chance you still have a link to the previous Version of the Plugin since i don't care about Uploaded for the time being?
For Uploaded i could still just use another Browser.

Edit: NVM, I dug around in the xpi file and found a link to downgrade version myself and disabled auto Updates.

Last edited by SSepp; 24.07.2018 at 07:27.
Old 24.07.2018, 07:14
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@maximumfap: I've answered in your other thread

Uncheck both?

(Trying now, thank you)
Old 24.07.2018, 07:38
Bandwidth Beast

@maximumfap
uncheck pair is enough for your issue.
However, there is not much need for the API mode because there are many restrictions.

Last edited by ZT333; 24.07.2018 at 07:42.
Old 24.07.2018, 12:03
JD Manager

@SSepp and dabrown: You should NOT disable auto update. In that case you don't receive feature/security updates and also can't use the upcomming new captcha handling.
Old 24.07.2018, 14:06
SSepp

@Jiaz: I'll update again when you have the new Captcha handling fully working. But for the time being, going back to the old Captcha handling reverted back to in .29 of the Firefox plugin is just way too annoying (having to solve the captcha 3-4 times just for the Captcha window to instantly reopen about 3 times until the Captcha is finally accepted) when .28 was working fine (easy to solve Captchas without instantly Reopening the window) for the only hoster i was downloading from.
Old 24.07.2018, 20:43
Modem User

When the plugin opens a tab in firefox (ver. 61) I have to solve 3-9 "puzzles" before the download starts. (Hosters I use: oboom, uploaded, share-online)

If I paste the URL in to a private window I only have to solve 1 or 2 "puzzles".

Is there a way to force the plugin to open the "puzzle" in a private window?
Old 24.07.2018, 22:15
SSepp

@Atheos: I looked into this a while ago and sadly it appears that with Firefox this just isn't possible.
You could always use a different browser (Opera or Chrome) for the captcha solving and just configure jDownloader to use that browser for the captchas.
Or if you wanna stick with Firefox you could install a different Firefox release (ex. Firefox Developer Edition, works fine i use that on my jDownloader-VM) because I'm pretty sure it doesn't share the profile folder with the normal version (haven't tested though).

Then you just set up jDownloader to use a different Browser for the captchas:
In the settings tab of jDownloader you go to Expert Settings and search for "BrowserCaptchaSolver: Browser Commandline" and enter the path for the Browser executable (ex -> [ "C:\\Program Files\\Firefox Developer Edition\\firefox.exe", "%s" ] ).
Dont' forget the double slashes.