JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.07.2018, 09:47
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheos View Post
Is there a way to force the plugin to open the "puzzle" in a private window?
We're working on an option for that but *private window* does look easier at the beginning but the more captchas you will solve, the harder they will get(same as in non private window).
You can tell your browser to open the captcha in private mode by changing the Browser commandline, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...29&postcount=3
For firefox and chrome you can add an additional parameter to open in private/incognito mode
Old 25.07.2018, 09:50
JD Manager

For firefox, see
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Command_Line_Options
for example:
Code:
[ "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe","-no-remote","-private-window" ,"%s" ]
Old 25.07.2018, 23:37
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@SSepp and dabrown: You should NOT disable auto update. In that case you don't receive feature/security updates and also can't use the upcomming new captcha handling.

It's just the browser plugin that I disabled auto updates on. The issue I have with auto-updates, though, is that sometimes the updates break more than they fix. Sometimes things work in a developer environment but don't work in a customer environment. That's not specific to JD; that's true anywhere. I prefer to "test" the update in a sandbox before deploying it to production. I was a software QA engineer for 15 years... I'd find a bug, the developers first response was, "well, it works on MY machine...". But if it doesn't work on MINE, I don't pass it.

And that was the problem with the updated plugin- it worked for some sites most the time. It worked for most sites part of the time, but sometimes it didn't. And some sites, it never passed the token back. On link aggregators it couldn't find the place to even open the captcha, and some hostersit couldn't auto-find the download button to open the captcha. Opening the hoster site in the browser for some sites then opened multiple scamware browser hijack ad pages (uploaded for one!) which was one of the reasons I use JD in the first place. The prior (and current) plugin didn't do any of that- it almost always worked, though the number of captchas is excessive, I preferred to use that, at least until the new handling is stable and works for all the sites I use. I'm completely willing to test out the new handling, but I want to be able to fall back if it doesn't work. Not wait days for a fix for something that wasn't broken to begin with.
Old 26.07.2018, 09:12
Black Hole

I've started counting how many times I have to click to download one file will all the recaptcha shenanigans. This time, I had to click 111 times through 2 cycles of multiple different captcha selections and screens. If the hackers of the world want to attack something. Feel free to attack the recaptcha service and pummel them into the ground.
Old 26.07.2018, 11:16
JD Manager

@dabrown: you may contact us via support@jdownloader.org if you want to test next version of extension before release
Old 28.07.2018, 03:59
JD Fan

I can't believe google still hasn't fixed this and why it's not getting any media attention. I emailed a few sites and they said they'd look into it then nothing. Even worse I posted on googles FB links to their own support forum and a youtube video demonstrating the problem and they deleted them.
Old 31.07.2018, 20:08
Mega Loader

Default Get reCaptcha off the internet

In previous post, I suggested that a political solution to this problem may be the only solution.

I have put together three posts that I would like to share with moderators permission, for people to copy and use to post at forums, and complain to file hosters.
Old 03.08.2018, 12:54
JD Manager

@daffdaemon: I don't think that using template posts to complain/write to hosts/support will help/solve anything. Filehosters have the freedom to change to different captcha type/provider but I guess that RecaptchaV2 still works best (besides the current issues) to prevent *mass free downloads*. Please send the posts to support@jdownloader.org and we can review them
Old 03.08.2018, 15:15
Henshin45

Question

Is anybody here using google accounts? In other words, does anyone experience recaptchas becoming easier the more someone allows google to track their private data?

I am having my doubts, if this is "bug" on googles side. After reading about how this reCaptcha is supposed to work, I suspect that this is an "intentional hurdle" for not having a "history" in google's data mining.

BTW: The slower I solve the "image puzzles", the less I seem to need to solve

Last edited by Henshin45; 03.08.2018 at 20:35.
Old 03.08.2018, 20:51
Vacuum Cleaner

Are there any updates on the issues mentioned here?

Unfortunately I've had to deal with issue 2 and 3 the last couple of months:

I only solve captchas with the addon in Chrome and only for the jDownloader and yet I'm also dealing with the slowly fading images and captcha that just won't validate me. I know, the same problem was mentioned before (click) but since I'm only solving captcha for the jDownloader (no other website I frequent uses captcha and I don't even use Chrome for my normal surfing), I don't know how my score could have gotten this bad, unless there's some mis-communication between the addon and Google's thing.

Looping. I already have to solve 10+ captchas (with images that are fading slowly) before it closes the browser window and because it kept asking for more it took me 10 minutes to finally get a download (SO) to start just now.

I already tried to post on the google forums (twice) but they didn't unlock the thread. Looking at how many posts there are they just have to know about the problems but simply ignore them.

Edit: Sometimes there's also a weird bug:
The browser window is closed and the download starts but jDownloader is still displaying the "solve captcha" popup and clicking on "cancel"/the red cross or stopping the downloads doesn't close it either.

@Henshin45
I use Chrome for solving captchas (and only that) and I'm not logged into any account with it (not even Youtube) but I did notice that captcha started to get worse a couple of months ago and it hasn't improved again since then.

Last edited by nephtys; 03.08.2018 at 22:13.
Old 06.08.2018, 16:54
JD Manager

@nephtys: Those issues aren't caused by JDownloader, so no update from our side.
We still experience all 3 issues ourselves outside JDownloader from time to time, totally random.
I'm sorry but I can't provide any hints how to solve the situation or make it better and there is no *do this to make it better* solution but *many different *that might help* solutions*

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.08.2018 at 16:59.
Old 06.08.2018, 16:54
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys View Post
Edit: Sometimes there's also a weird bug:
The browser window is closed and the download starts but jDownloader is still displaying the "solve captcha" popup and clicking on "cancel"/the red cross or stopping the downloads doesn't close it either.
What OS are you using? Is the main JDownloader visible at that moment/when you solve the captcha or minimized to taskbar/tray?
Old 06.08.2018, 16:56
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys View Post
I don't know how my score could have gotten this bad, unless there's some mis-communication between the addon and Google's thing.
There is no communication at all. Recaptcha happens completely in browser with just Google being involved. The extension just forwards the response from google to JDownloader.
Old 08.08.2018, 14:39
Baby Loader

I have
1. Notebook with JDownloader
2. PC with JDownloader
3. Raspberry PI with JDownloader
4. VM with JDownloader

some times ago in Raspberry PI with My JDownloader Recaptcha solving became almost impossible.
On PC/Notebook in browser all is ok. But when I try to use JDownloader via My.JDownloader captchas becomes much more hard. So may be Google make some kind detection situation of using tools like My.JDownloader?

P.S. On desktop I always use Firefox with '[ "c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe", "-private-window", "%s" ]' launch parameters

Last edited by Alexei; 08.08.2018 at 14:42.
Old 08.08.2018, 14:42
JD Manager

Very likely they can detect the current extension but that is not the cause of the problem as it works fine for some, middle for others and hard/not at all for others
And I can easily reproduce the issue without JDownloader/Extension on normal websites totally random
Old 08.08.2018, 14:49
Baby Loader

Yes, I've register here after 4 attempt with Recaptcha :-D

Quote:
Very likely they can detect the current extension
No, I'm about difference with local solving in browser and solving in same browser but from My.jdownloader interface. It became harder for My.JDownloader variant.
Old 08.08.2018, 16:20
JD Manager

Ah okay, sorry my fault. I thought you were talking about something else. The local version is basically the same as MyJDownloader version but of course Google might be able to tell difference, we can't tell.
Old 08.08.2018, 18:45
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
@nephtys: Those issues aren't caused by JDownloader, so no update from our side.
We still experience all 3 issues ourselves outside JDownloader from time to time, totally random.
I'm sorry but I can't provide any hints how to solve the situation or make it better and there is no *do this to make it better* solution but *many different *that might help* solutions*
I also experienced the "neverending captchas" problem outside of jDownloader a couple of days ago on my work PC (FF, Win 10, jDownloader isn't even installed) for the first time while trying to post something on a forum. It took me about 5 tries and almost 10 minutes to solve the captcha, so now it's even affecting my work.
So even if there's a chance to make it (maybe) better, it's worth a try!

Quote:
What OS are you using? Is the main JDownloader visible at that moment/when you solve the captcha or minimized to taskbar/tray?
Win 7, Chrome+addon for jDownloader (but FF for everything else).
Neither. It's open (not minimized in any way) but hidden behind Chrome. It seems to happen after a certain amount of "Chrome closes but jDownloader still asks for another captcha" but I haven't counted yet.

Quote:
There is no communication at all. Recaptcha happens completely in browser with just Google being involved. The extension just forwards the response from google to JDownloader.
Does it depend on the browser or the IP then?
Old 08.08.2018, 19:22
JD Manager

We don't know *what magic* Google uses to calculate scores or captcha decisions. Our guesses include IP, cookies, Site, GeoLocation, BrowserID, Speed(Timings, how fast you click/solve...)
Old 09.08.2018, 02:47
Super Loader

Same issue here. 5 minutes solving reCaptcha puzzles and then it fails. (Using Chrome extension)

Why not having this extension access to the Google cookie and make it one easy click only?