JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 05.03.2018, 01:10
JD Fan

Question What is wrong with all those picture captchas???

Well it started already in December last year with Filejoker being a pain in the butt with the picture captchas that are solved correctly again and again but still don't start the download. Usually I need several(+10) attempts to get the download going.
Anyhow I think it got worse and worse, by now many hosters use picture captchas on the level of filejoker and that sucks grade A.
And I know it goes better, quick responsive picture captchas that work instantly.

So is those just a rip off by some hosters so that they don't get that many downloaders or what is the problem?
Old 05.03.2018, 02:19
Black Hole

It's a combination of hosters setting the default difficulty level high, and Google's bot detection scheme. Google considers "normal" usage to be only a few captchas (under 5 or so) a day). So the more you request, whether you solve them correctly or not, the harder they get. It wasn't a big problem when only a few hosts used RCv2, but with Google shutting down v1 at the end of the month, all the hosts that used v1 have switched to v2 with it's far more restrictive algorithm.

I've found no solution that works to get a host, once it gives me the multiple-challenge slow refresh version, to go back to easy captchas (or even the just click the "im not a robot" prompt). I HAVE gotten IP blocked by Google for hours at a time, which does clear up, but stops usage altogether while it's blocking my IP address. Since I have a semi-static address, I can't change it on demand, and proxies just slow everything down.
Old 05.03.2018, 17:00
JD Manager

More and more services will switch (have to switch) to RecaptchaV2 because google is going to shutdown old RecaptchaV1, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=76515

There are many things that influence your 'human vs bot' score on Google:
-number of captchas
-skipping captchas will hurt your score!
-IP (datacenter, vpn, proxy,tor might hurt your score).
-google cookies might help or hurt (google might flag the account, lower its score)
-incognito/private browsing might help or hurt
-browser version (older vs newer version)

I'm afraid that there is no golden solution. Some have strong issues with it, others only have to click *I'm not a robot*. For example myself being logged in at google hurts my score. Incognito works best for me.
Old 06.03.2018, 08:41
Black Hole

OK, but how do I get it into incognito mode AND make the plugin still work? I added the --incognito flag to my Chrome startup command, but now all I get is the "you need the browser extension" warning. If I turn off incognito, it works as always.

Example startup script:

This one works:
[ "C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe", "-app=%s" ]

This one doesn't. It pops the window, but says I need the extension (which I have, of course)
[ "C:\\Users\\username\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe", "-app=%s", "--incognito" ]
Old 06.03.2018, 09:08
English Supporter

typically browser extension in chrome are not available unless you tell it can work in incognito mode. right click on the extension area of the toolbar in chrome, manage extensions > click the extension in question and 'allow in incognito'

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.03.2018, 09:34
JD Manager

@dabrown: extensions do not work in incognito/private mode by default. You've got to enable incognito support manually. @raztoki: thanks for explanation
Old 06.03.2018, 17:24
JD Fan

How does incognito work for FireFox?
Old 06.03.2018, 17:38
JD Manager

There should be a button for private tab or something like this. It might be necessary to allow the extension to work in private mode, similiar to chrome extension settings