JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.11.2014, 21:18
JD Legend

Default OSX 10.6.8 --> JD2 broke during an update does not start anymore

I'm going to redo this request for help as it is currently been moved to a 10.10 Yosemite topic which doesn't make sense to me.
Admins and Mods sorry if this seems to be a double post, or even in the wrong spot but, I do not see any other similar issues and my previous request problem has been buried deep in the realms of the forum.

Yes I also PM'ed coalado The Boss on this too but nothing has happened although I know he is probably jammed with more important or current issues.

Some how currently things are so screwed up the JD2 app won't even start and the errors I get when trying to start it pertain mostly to such as root JD issues such as NoClassDefFoundError, NoSuchFileException, ClassNotFoundException, etc.

What is needed or how can this be fixed?

This first started a while back as:
Quote:
JDB2 OSX 10.6.8

This happens on occasion and usually I have to reinstall on top of the JD2
Why are we having to use local ports btw to update?

Also there is no folder tmp (it's into the install dir of jd2) on th MAC that I can find there is however a tmp folder in the contents/java/app directory

Failed to install the update. Please try again later.
If this problem does not "solve itself" after a few hours, contact our support or reinstall JDownloader.

org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateException: Selftest has been terminated unexpectedly
at org.jdownloader.update.SelfUpdateClient.finishSelfUpdate(SelfUpdateClient.java:242)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runFinishSelfUpdate(UpdateManager.java:1048)
at org.jdownloader.update.DefaultCallbackHandler.onResults(DefaultCallbackHandler.java:343)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.runUpdateLoop(UpdateManager.java:1171)
at org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager$4.run(UpdateManager.java:416)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)
Then it became worse:
Quote:
I just redownloaded the mac installers from http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=54725 JD2SilentSetup_10_6orlower.dmg and JD2Setup_10_6_or_lower.dmg installed over the top again and now the app won't start with the following errors:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/nio/file/NoSuchFileException
at org.appwork.utils.logging2.LogSourceProvider.getLogger(LogSourceProvider.java:256)
at org.jdownloader.logging.LogController.getLogger(LogController.java:156)
at org.jdownloader.logging.LogController.<clinit>(LogController.java:28)
at org.jdownloader.update.launcher.SecondLevelLauncher.<clinit>(SecondLevelLauncher.java:229)
at org.jdownloader.update.launcher.JDLauncher.main(JDLauncher.java:10)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.MacLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:116)
at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:51)
at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
... 18 more

I then deleted the app and reinstalled fresh and get the same errors!

JD2Beta ius now useless to me atm :( Help please
My last post on this was:
Quote:
I'm still using 10.6.8 and I also downloaded the jd2_macos_2_0.dmg from Downloadserver #2 from the home page http://www.jdownloader.org/ which also states for
Quote:
Mac OS X 10.6 or higher (JD 2 BETA)
Unfortunately it won't run on 10.6.8
Quote:
You have Mac*OS*X 10.6.8. The application requires Mac*OS*X 10.7.3 or later.
This build was built apparently with no backward compatibility or at least with the improper switch in the build to allow 10.6.8 to run the installer.

I also think some where someone has screwed up the 10.6.8 updating engine in the beta 2 or links for the update with a fresh install or an update install.

See my previous post as to the errors when installing fresh or installing over the previous versions.

Please let me know what you might need from me to help in finding a solution. I much prefer the 2.0 version and don't really want to go back to the 0.9.581 version

TIA
The older current topic the above is under is at http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=59962 which also has a Create Mac Installer without splash for http://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/55553 which is marked as solved.

This issue I have is not resolved nor does it pertain to a Mac Installer without splash.

I really would like to get back to JD2 as the original jDownloader 0.9.581 although it works still has other issues as we all know and does not get updated very often.

Any help is appreciated of course.

TIA

Last edited by Statter; 05.11.2014 at 21:26.
Old 09.11.2014, 22:40
JD Legend

Smile

Ok not sure what was done (if anything was silently done in the background) or how but, at one point in time I was using the jDownloader 0.9.581 app and I noticed all of a sudden the update to JD2 in the upper right corner.

I decided I would try that one and wow it actually installed and updated and built a new install properly with one exception of:
Exception:

org.appwork.updatesys.transport.UpdateServerOfflineException: org.appwork.utils.net.BasicHTTP.BasicHTTPException: java.io.EOFException: empty HTTP-Response

The new JD2 app was there and when I double clicked on it it actually also installed all the application updates to actually run this time! then It restarted and then updated the regular updates to current for bringing the whole thing up to date and functional!

Thanks to whomever helped maybe to figure out what was happening and how to fix this problem I ran into.

So this is resolved now and my hats off to all!