JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.01.2010, 19:12
ReS

Default update crash

For a long time now i have been using jdownloader. and now i am a little tired of open up taskmanager and force process close on jdownloader each time there is an update -.-

Each time there is 1 or even more updates i have to force close the process and try again and again and again until it can complete it, no idea to how or why it is doing it, have 1 laptop with windows 7 and 1 stationary with vista and xp dualboot, have been using it on all 3 windows for some time now, and it seems to be every where i look.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 05.01.2010, 11:26
remi

Cool

If you're a Vista or W7 fan, then you better move your jD folder to c:\jdownloader and check whether all protections have been removed, sub-folders included.

Allow java.exe and javaw.exe in your firewall and virus software. Also disable html/web scanner in your virus software.

I never update my jD. In order to avoid this updating problem you can enable "Do not inform me about important updates" in Settings -> Basics -> General.
Old 06.01.2010, 07:20
JD English Support (inactive)

But you check the JD website for updates regularly. We wouldn't want people to stay with very old versions.
Old 06.01.2010, 11:47
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
We wouldn't want people to stay with very old versions.
Who are "we"?

I've always used older versions because they were less risky than newer versions. Why aren't you using Vista or W7?

The jD v.0.4 version is superior in several respects to what has been developed after it. I don't always need all the bells and whistles of the more recent versions.

Most host plug-ins that I need, are updated. I can't block them but I make backups on a regular basis.