JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11.02.2011, 19:23
WolfmanRobby

Default Setting per host bandwidth limits

I searched the terms Bandwidth limits per host and found nothing related to what I'm about to ask. (if I missed it, I appolgize. Feel free to lock this thread and send me a link to the thread that deals with it.)

I see in the settings we can set the global bandwidth limit. This is something I have to do. While my connection is much faster, I have to limit my bandwidth usage for JDownloader to 300KB/s or risk being shut off for "Abusing" my network connection.

Anyway, this global setting is great. But, let's say I'm downloading from Oron at 100KB/s. Then, I start a second download from Fileserve. (Actually this happens with Fileserve, Hotfile, Megaupload, HHTP links and a few other hosts that have GREAT connection speeds. I just picked Fileserve as an example.) The new download gets a great connection from it's host, runs up to the full 300KB/s of my global setting and the Oron download fails with the "No permission to write to hard disk" error. This isn't lmited to Oron. It happens with many other, slower hosts like DepositFiles, Filesonic, uploaded to.

Is there a way to set bandwidth limits or gurantee's per host?
Or even a more generic setting that says if you have 2 max downloads configured, no host can take more than "X%" of the bandwidth?

I've tried the "Priortiy" settings but those seem to control the order that the downloads kick in and not the bandwith priority. Perhaps that would be the area to tweak the settings. A download with HIGH priority gets priority over the bandwith and something with Low priority can't use bandwidth used by a high priority download.

Other than that, I just have to keep a list of the "Bully" hosts and the "Wimpy" hosts and try not to run a download from anything on the "Bully" list while downloading from the "wimpy" hosts. However, I can run multiple downloads from 2 or 3 of the "Wimpy" hosts at one time.

Thanks for a great program.
Rob

EDIT - I forgot to add that I'm running JD version 0.9.581 - but this has been the case for the last year+ I've used JDownloader. SO, it's not a version related issue.
Also, I've seen this behavior on Ubuntu Linux (9.04/x86), Windows XP (32 bit) and Windows 7 (64 bit)

Last edited by WolfmanRobby; 11.02.2011 at 21:35.