JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 26.10.2019, 10:26
Vacuum Cleaner

Default JDownloader behind Nginx reverse proxy

Hello,
I come back some years later. I have already searched on the forum but the answer seems different today than some years back. I want to be able to access JDownloader with my own URL with an Nginx reverse proxy. Is it possible anymore or do we need to use MyJDownloader?
Thank you !

EDIT :
I have found some settings in MyJDownloader panel concerning Direct Connections and setting up the port where JDownloader is listening to. However, It is written that my instance can be accessible through "https://localhost:PORT" but I can't access to this (Firefox says It is a SSL problem) nor only with http (Connection is always reset).
I tried to make an nginx config with a reverse proxy using proxypass as I do It with all the services that I self host (I want to be able to access to JDownloader with "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**), but It didn't work.

Last edited by Jungack; 27.10.2019 at 23:47.
Old 28.10.2019, 16:35
JD Manager

I'm sorry but we don't provide any *self hosted* webinterface. Technically it's possible because you can write own tools/websites/clients that use MyJDownloader API to communicate with your JDownloader instance or you do all authentication/security by yourself and use same api locally but without any encryption/authentication/security in place. You may wanna use MyJDownloader with enabled direct-connection and then only session handling is done via server, rest of communication happens directly between client<->JDownloader.
Old 28.10.2019, 16:37
JD Manager

Maybe in future we'll provide optional self hosted, I can't tell at this point.
Old 28.10.2019, 16:38
JD Manager

In case you need help or got problems with setup/use direct-connection, best would be to contact me via support@jdownloader.org so I can help you.
Please include details about your setup (vm or docker or nat or server....)
Old 28.10.2019, 17:26
Vacuum Cleaner

Ok thank you for the answer ! I will contact you when I will have more time to set It up. As I understand correctly, direct connection mode permits access to the JDownloader service installed on MY server using MY IP address (and then MY domain name with an Nginx reverse proxy), but all the authentication will still be solved in YOUR server. Is that true? What is exactly direct connection mode?:confused:
Old 28.10.2019, 17:43
JD Manager

I'm sorry but you've understood it wrong, or I did not explain good enough. Direct-Connection mode means that you still access it via Webinterface/Apps/Tools but the communication is directly via client<->your JDownloader and not using relay server. This leads to reduced latency and increased speed.
There is no webinterface to access locally as we only offer the https://my.jdownloader.org webinterface.
As the MyJDownloader protocol/api is open source, everyone is free to create own tools/clients/Webinterface.
Old 28.10.2019, 17:48
Vacuum Cleaner

Oh ok my bad ! My fault, I have a bad english... Thank you for your fast answers !
Old 28.10.2019, 17:51
JD Manager

I don't see faults and your english is fine, don't worry.
In case you've got further questions or need help, just contact/ask