JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 20.04.2017, 02:20
JD Adviser

Default First time - unusual Turbobit problem

I have a paid Turbobit subscription that I use daily on JD2.

Today, for the first time, all TB links refuse to start and I get "server error (Turbobit)" on JD2.

No TB links will start, even though on the acct manager page, it shows TB current and active.

I contacted TB and they said to remove my TB login data from JDownloader, reload login data, and update and restart JD2. I did all of this - but no change. All TB links will still not start.

Now TB support will not answer any more questions. The last thing they said was, "We do not see any problems with Turbobit."

I have no firewall and have restarted JD2 and my computer several times.

Turbobit links DID start through Zevera, but not through my paid TB subscription.

I just now did a complete JD2 uninstall and then reinstalled and restored from backup. No change. TB links still will not start, but subscription shows as valid in settings.

I've got a log here ... but since the reinstall, it didn't give me the option of a big time span to submit. I hope you can find out what's going on from this little bit of information.

19.04.17 20.48.51 <--> 19.04.17 18.45.24 jdlog://8936189150841/

Last edited by Sac John; 20.04.2017 at 07:41.
Old 20.04.2017, 17:31
JD Adviser

No need to reply. I got a different person at Turbobit to answer and here is what they said:

From your IP, it was downloaded too much files, therefore your IP was blocked for 1 month. Time of end blocking: 2017-05-19
You can replace IP and try download again. Most likely, you are using a proxy employed by a lot of users simultaneously. You may not be using a proxy for your computer, but your provider may be employing a client’s transparent proxy.

-------------

So I am blocked from using Turbobit, even though I did not violate the terms of service or abuse the download quota.

Now I have to email my credit card company to get a chargeback-refund because TB didn't fulfill their terms of service.

TURBOBIT STINKS!
Old 20.04.2017, 18:07
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback
Old 21.04.2017, 00:32
JD Adviser

And by the way, I emailed again and this time found a helpful person at Turbobit. He took me off the ban list and everything is working again.

So Turbobit smells sweet as a rose again.

Can I please ask one non-JD question here so I can get an objective answer?

Turbobit wrote, "Most likely, you are using a proxy employed by a lot of users simultaneously. You may not be using a proxy for your computer, but your provider may be employing a client’s transparent proxy."

I don't understand those terms or what they mean.

If I use my paid subscription to Turbobit to download the 25gb max every day ... and then use Zevera to download their 5gb limit on Turbobit - for a combined total of 30gb in one day ... is that what they are talking about? Is that what got me banned?

Or is that not what "using a proxy employed by a lot of users simultaneously" is talking about?
Old 21.04.2017, 00:37
Community Manager

Hi

They cannot really know that you're also using zevera plus this should not exactly be a ban reason.

By "proxy" they probably mean an actual proxy / VPN.

Do you use a proxy / VPN?
Keep in mind that such proxies might be used by many users (exactly what their support posted) which can easily get you / the proxy IP address (temporarily) banned.

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 24.04.2017 at 21:35. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 21.04.2017, 01:41
English Supporter

ISP' can also use transparent proxy as in clients don't setup and information on there systems, you request a website and it gets ported via the transparent proxy. There are websites to detect transparent proxy.
more information
_https://www.google.com.au/search?q=transparent+proxy
online testers
_**External links are only visible to Support Staff** _**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 21.04.2017, 03:37
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
They cannot really know that you're also using zevera plus this should not exactly be a ban reason. By "proxy" they probably mean an actual proxy / VPN. Do you use a proxy / VPN? Keep in mind that such proxies might be used by many users (exactly what their support posted) which can easily get you / the proxy IP address (temporarily) banned.
No, I don't use one. I never have ... until today, ironically. They banned just as I had one last segment of a large folder to download and I really wanted to finish the set. I was under the impression that I would stay banned, so after I was no longer able to download from Turbobit, I learned about VPNs quickly and signed up for a free trial today just to download that one last .rar file.

Then, an hour later, they unbanned me ... so I didn't even need to use it.

I hope that hour or two that I was on a VPN doesn't come back to haunt me.

I don't plan to use it again.

So using a VPN was not the reason I was banned. That means that other thing (which I don't understand) about my internet provider using one is probably the reason.

I guess that also means I'm probably going to get banned again and again until I'm no longer using Turbobit, because whatever caused it is probably going to keep happening.

Last edited by Sac John; 21.04.2017 at 04:05.