JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.09.2021, 00:11
Junior Loader

Default delete empty root folders on extractions?

Hey im having quite a number of archives that comes with empty folders as root, first files only start 2-3 folders down.
Is there anyway to clean this up so im left with only the folders that got files while keeping the folders in that folder and down.

Like replacing the root folder with whatever got the first file. It would really save me a ton of time if this was possible, i am unsure about the Subfolder patterns and how they work aswell.

Like i have zips that look kinda like this:
zipname.zip\zipname\zipname\exe and other folders\

got the extraction pattern to use %ARCHIVENAME% so the wanted extraction would be:
%ARCHIVENAME%\exe and other folders\

Anyway to currently to achieve this?
Old 27.09.2021, 16:00
JD Manager

Currently this is not possible out of the box, but maybe with help of the eventscripter and a script that moves the files recursively, maybe ask here for help https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525

Can you provide example archive links that are build this way? Then I can do some testing
Old 27.09.2021, 17:22
Junior Loader

Yeah i got some links that does this.

some times the root folder names matches the original archive name. other times they do not at all. in the end i dont really care about those folder names for extracting data. Just require to have the exe or whatever in the root folder after extraction.

Currently have like 2000 of these archives locally and found it just takes too much time to clean it up.

EDIT: if more urls is needed, i could give you more. Not too hard to find, 80%+ of links on that forum has it like this.

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.09.2021 at 15:32.
Old 28.09.2021, 15:32
JD Manager

Thanks for the links. I think the issue is caused by your setup, because those archives look okay.
Both archives contain a folder in root with the rest of the content.
I would suggest to setup Extraction to use subfolder with pattern %ARCHIVENAME% only if the root archive contains at least 1 file.
Or maybe I did not fully understand your problem? Maybe can provide a screeshot what it looks like and what you want to be different?