JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.02.2010, 23:53
Serbiak

Question Cannot get JDownloader to work

Hi I cannot get the JDownloader 09.579 (I just updated the version) to work as the title sais. I cannot get a connection.

I´m running Windows Vasta 64. I am using Adblock Plus and No-script with my Firefox. For Antivirus Avira Antivir.

I already found in the Wiki that you have to disable the ABE (Application Boundaries Enforcer) in No-script.

Also I have an Internet connection over a VPN-client if that can be a problem.

Max. Dls. set to 2

Does anyone have suggestions what my fault could be here? Maybe some beginner fault

Thanks in advance

Here is my logfile: http://jdownloader.net:8081/pastebin...d516304215d53d

Last edited by Serbiak; 09.02.2010 at 00:13.
Old 09.02.2010, 12:06
remi

If you're running Vista or W7, you better move jD to a folder like c:\jdownloader and check whether all protections are removed, also on the sub-folders.

Also allow java.exe and javaw.exe in your firewall and virus software. Disable the html/web scanner in your virus software.

Are you running the 32 bits version of the JRE (java)?

(I didn't analyse your log as I'm not a Java developer)
Old 09.02.2010, 16:12
Serbiak

I am running Vista like I wrote above. Why does the folder have anything to do with the protections from Vista? Istn´t it a general protection? It should all be off (Windows firewall + defender etc.).

No firewall running and Antivir should allow java since it works fine with my firefox.

I have the "Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.160.1" and the "Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U16" installed in firefox. Sorry but I don´t know how to check if it´s he 32bits version.

Are the jave versions I have installed the correct ones for Jdownloader?

Greetz
Old 10.02.2010, 11:38
remi

If you "think" that all the protections should al be off, don't complain jD doesn't work.

If you are convinced that security software should work for jD because it works for another application, don't complain jD doesn't work.

Execute "java -version" (without the quotes) in a command window in order to know your java version.

jD works with JRE 1.5 as well as 1.6. Yours is fine as long as it is the 32 bits version.
Old 10.02.2010, 12:55
Serbiak

I got it. The Windows firewall was inactive but it had the exeption for java enabled.
One thing I hate about all this Windows security crap. When you shut it off it is not disabled completely.

Well thanks for your Help.
Old 10.02.2010, 13:58
remi

You're welcome.