JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.05.2024, 01:50
Junior Loader

Default Serious Problem After Installing Update - I lost last 2 months of Linkgrabber links

Board Members,

I hope you can help me as I don't know how to proceed. I was using JDownloader as I have done for over 2 years without any significant problems until 1 hour ago. I just downloaded and installed the recent update for JD and it seemed to work fine until I checked the list of links under "LinkGrabber" that I was planning to download and that were listed before the update.

For some unknown reason, the last 2 months of links I had saved in the "LinkGrabber" section has disappeared entirely! I know they were there before I installed the latest update - I had added to this list earlier today. But now the most recent link in "Linkgrabber" is from March 21 - 2 months ago.

How can I get the links I had previously saved in "Linkgrabber" back? I assume there has to be a way for this to happen. Is there some way I can reverse the recent update to restore all of the "LinkGrabber" links? Could the problem instead be that JD has set a limit on the number of links that can be listed in "LinkGrabber" and can this limit be raised? Would this restore all of my earlier links in "LinkGrabber"?

I was shocked that this happened since I have been using JD for over 2 years without any significant problems until now. Hopefully, someone on this Board can help me with this problem and make sure it does not occur in the future. Thank you.

Al

Last edited by giffordal; 22.05.2024 at 04:31. Reason: Made Clarifications.
Old 22.05.2024, 13:27
JD Manager

@giffordal: The update was normal plugin update with no core changes at all. Only some plugins of offline servers that got removed and twitter plugin change due to domain change. Please check if you have .backup files in your cfg folder, see https://support.jdownloader.org/de/k...nkgrabber-list
Also please check for maybe enabled quickfilter in right sidebar. Whenever there are issues with loading a list, JDownloader will create .backup file and continue with next earlier version of the list. By default only 5 files are kept on disk, but you're telling that the list is still existing but only some entries are missing, only explanation I can find is that you have either manually moved those from linkgrabber to downloadlist or deleted by accident. In that case you can check older files on disk and also try to use undelete tools to restore the older lists. See https://support.jdownloader.org/de/k...nkgrabber-list
Do you know from which host/site the links were from? then I can check if the plugin has been changed recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffordal View Post
Is there some way I can reverse the recent update to restore all of the "LinkGrabber" links? Could the problem instead be that JD has set a limit on the number of links that can be listed in "LinkGrabber" and can this limit be raised? Would this restore all of my earlier links in "LinkGrabber"?
The loss is not caused by the update, else the list would be complete empty. Check explained .backup files and/or undelete of previous versions of the list. Only limit is available/allowed memory in JDownloader. I know of users with 100k or even 1million and more links in JDownloader. You can check for memory via about dialog of JDownloader, see https://support.jdownloader.org/de/k...vmoptions-file

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.05.2024 at 13:30.