JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 13.11.2011, 01:40
endjuser

Default JDownloader starting without GUI

Hi,

I have jDownloader installed and running on LXDE (Debian Testing). A few days ago, the GUI suddenly became "invisible". Only the splash screen appears.

However, program startup seems to be completed. There is a process "java -Xmx512m -jar JDownloader.jar". Moreover, I can right-click on the JD icon in my dock, click on "close" and - since the gui would display a confirmation window - hit the enter key to confirm. And the icon disappears and the process is stopped.

I could also go to the command line, enter jdownloader --start-download and JD would complete my unfinished downloads.

So it seems to be a problem with painting the GUI. However, this happened out of the blue, without any system updates being performed.

I performed a "java -Xmx512m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -jar JDownloader.jar" and run jupdate.jar, but it didn't help.

Any advice?

Last edited by Jiaz; 15.11.2011 at 13:04.
Old 13.11.2011, 08:06
remi

Cool

If you're using openjdk's JRE I would switch to Sun/Orakel's JRE, otherwise provide an Emergency Log.
Old 13.11.2011, 14:04
endjuser

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm running the closed source version of Java.

Pls find attached the emergency logs.
Old 13.11.2011, 14:19
remi

Would it be possible to remove that JRE update 26 and install update 29 of the JRE (1.)6?
Old 13.11.2011, 19:30
endjuser

Well. I update Sun Java via apt-get from the repos. I dont know how to remove update 26 and get update 29 instead. Can you give me a link to more info on that topic?

However. As I said before: I did not update my system before the GUI Window stopped working. So, I cannot blame it on a Java update, as it did work a few days ago.

What if I backup my entire .jdownloader folder, do a clean reinstall of jdownloader and see if it starts with GUI window as before? Do you think that can help in terms of troubleshooting?
Old 14.11.2011, 10:25
remi

Something must have gone wrong with java or jD. You can try a new installation of jD before doing a re-install of your JRE.

I would only backup jD's config folder as it contains your configuration and link data.
Old 14.11.2011, 10:50
JD Manager

backup your config folder (inside your jdownloader folder) and then remove it, so jd can startup with fresh config.
see if that helps
Old 15.11.2011, 12:11
endjuser

Thanks @Jiaz, @remi.

I did as Jiaz suggested and backupped/moved away the .jdownloader folder in my home dir:

Code:
$ mv .jdownloader jdownloader_backup
After that, started jdownloader, created a new.jdownloader folder in my home dir, performed the updates and the GUI window is back again.

So, it wasn't Java's fault.

Last question: How do I get my download list back?
Old 15.11.2011, 12:28
remi

You need to copy jD's config folder over the new config folder.
Old 15.11.2011, 12:58
endjuser

Yup. Back on track again. Thanks. Solved.