JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.08.2019, 22:35
gumeb

Default Video numeration suggestion

I would like to contribute with an idea that I think would be very comfortable and useful for many who download complete lists from YouTube or any other web page. It's about being able to list the videos in their names, from a complete list in a single package before downloading them. for example:

1. [first video name on the list]
2. [second video name on the list]
3. [third video name on the list]

putting the numbering before the original name of the video
Old 06.08.2019, 11:25
JD Manager

You can customize the filename scheme in Settings-Plugins-Youtube.
You can sort/manage/remove links in linkgrabber section.

In case you mean something else, please explain better
Old 08.08.2019, 03:06
gumeb

What I mean is for example when I or anyone would like to download a video list from a specific channel and this list contains 350 unlisted videos, each video only with its specific name, but without previous enumeration in their names. and if I would like to download that complete list but that it is ordered as shown in the channel list (these are ordered thanks to the upload dates), here is an example of a normal channel list

but obviously when downloading to my computer these videos are only sorted in alphabetical order.

What I propose is that for any list of any channel they can be ordered numerically at the time of download in this way

in this image I have several videos downloaded from a specific YouTube channel that are ordered numerically thanks to the fact that the I have downloaded through the software "4k video downloader" if you want you can check the software to see how that option works automatically. The only bad thing about this software is that many times the videos are downloaded with errors or many times it is not shown all the resolution options that the video itself brings

If you wanted to rename the videos one by one from a list as you say, it would be too much work, since there are as I said lists of up to 300 videos. rename one by one is not comfortable and is a waste of time

EDIT: sorry for big images, i dont know how to reduce resolution
Attached Images
File Type: png Captura2.PNG (86.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png Captura.PNG (223.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Jiaz; 08.08.2019 at 15:42.
Old 08.08.2019, 15:42
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You can customize the filename scheme in Settings-Plugins-Youtube.
You can sort/manage/remove links in linkgrabber section.

In case you mean something else, please explain better
You can add *PLAYLIST_POSITION* to the name scheme in settings to include the numbers in filename
Old 08.08.2019, 16:05
English Supporter

if its outside a playlist, as in a channel list I would recommend to just use date, as the uploader on youtube or via violations deemed by youtube itself or 3rd party can remove a video at any point and the count will be instantly incorrect

at least then you have a sequence assuming that they are uploaded in that fashion

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 08.08.2019 at 16:15.
Old 09.08.2019, 01:25
gumeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
You can add *PLAYLIST_POSITION* to the name scheme in settings to include the numbers in filename
ok, im going to try it. thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
if its outside a playlist, as in a channel list I would recommend to just use date, as the uploader on youtube or via violations deemed by youtube itself or 3rd party can remove a video at any point and the count will be instantly incorrect

at least then you have a sequence assuming that they are uploaded in that fashion

raztoki
mmmm I do not understand what you mean exactly, I do not talk about uploading any videos or creating a channel or creating a list, I talk about downloading a list and at the time of downloading that the videos are renamed to be able to sort them numerically. How could the channel owner delete the videos I download if it is already on my computer? these are also not private lists, these are public lists

Last edited by gumeb; 09.08.2019 at 01:28.
Old 09.08.2019, 02:17
English Supporter

you are confused,
I'm talking about users videos (aka channel) in its entirety.
using date is more effective in my opinion for this task under this circumstance as videos are removed by the uploader or via other means everything is still in 'sequence'. The issue occurs when you re-parse additional times (later down the track) the subsequent counter is off.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]