JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.08.2019, 01:12
madmax2 madmax2 is offline
JD VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 385
Default Add Views side panel to Downloads tab.

Would be good if there is an option (either in settings or advance settings) that lets us enable the Views side panel to the Downloads tab.

It will allow me to quickly enable the file types or hoster I want to see or don't want to see on a permanent or temporary basis via the checkbox on the Downloads tab..like the Links grabber tab.

We can do a filter search but then need to delete that filter when we want to search something else etc..
Also the filter search cannot hide filetype/hoster, it can only find them..

Example of a use case
If in our current Downloads tab
there is some filetype or hoster we want to temporary hide, there is no way to do this..
other than deleting those files from the Downloads tab.

Last edited by madmax2; 24.08.2019 at 01:20.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.08.2019, 01:50
raztoki's Avatar
raztoki raztoki is offline
English Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,196
Default

we did have one in the initial rewrite of JDownloader 2, but was removed due to clutter/interference to that interface within that tab. This was mainly due to the amount of additional columns required in the download tab. That said it was prior to horizontal bar options been added. Personally if the filter bar was more advanced by allowing multiple filters to be applied over the top of each other, you could achieve the same outcome, though maybe slower than sidebar, but more customisable/powerful.

in respects to your request and the design reasons above why it was removed, maybe an option with a 'floating/always ontop' maybe the better solution. and/or only available when hbars is enabled.
__________________
raztoki @ jDownloader reporter/developer
http://svn.jdownloader.org/users/170

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.08.2019, 03:36
madmax2 madmax2 is offline
JD VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
we did have one in the initial rewrite of JDownloader 2, but was removed due to clutter/interference to that interface within that tab. This was mainly due to the amount of additional columns required in the download tab. That said it was prior to horizontal bar options been added. Personally if the filter bar was more advanced by allowing multiple filters to be applied over the top of each other, you could achieve the same outcome, though maybe slower than sidebar, but more customisable/powerful.

in respects to your request and the design reasons above why it was removed, maybe an option with a 'floating/always ontop' maybe the better solution. and/or only available when hbars is enabled.
From how it is design, the filters still would not be able to hide filetypes and hosters since it requires a search term which finds those items, not hide them..

Also you would need alot of filters that can never accomplish what the Views side panel can do.

The views side panel has the checkbox that lets us show or hide filetypes + hosters
on a temporary/permanent basis..
This would allow us to have much cleaner download tab if we need to hide some filetypes or hosters while not actually deleting them.

There is a use case
where I want to hide some filetype or hosters from the Downloads tab while I don't want to delete or download them yet but I also want to see my Downloads tab in a much less cluttered/cleaner state.

If we can add the views panel as a setting or advance setting to the Downloads tab would be good..for those that want/need this panel.

I think the views panel could be added as a floating always on top, collapsible side panel
so we can quickly view the side panel and then collapse it when not needed.
There are many IDE that use this type of collapsible panel design.

Last edited by madmax2; 24.08.2019 at 14:08.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.08.2019, 06:11
pepperass pepperass is offline
Baby Loader
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Default

I agree with madmax on this one. This would be really useful.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24.08.2019, 14:16
raztoki's Avatar
raztoki raztoki is offline
English Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
From how it is design, the filters still would not be able to hide filetypes and hosters since it requires a search term which finds those items, not hide them..
not true, but it would require you to know regular expressions. You can search for what you want and or don't want. But it would require to be able to apply multiple filters ontop of each other. But like I said powerful but maybe not that user friendly (vs the side panel/gui option).

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
The views side panel has the checkbox that lets us show or hide filetypes
on a temporary/permanent basis..
This would allow us to have much cleaner download tab if we need to hide some filetypes or hosters while not actually deleting them.
never really disagreed with you, just more so stated what happened in the early days of development of jd2 and the end outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
There is a use case
where I want to hide some filetype or hosters from the Downloads tab while I don't want to delete or download them yet but I also want to see my Downloads tab in a much less cluttered/cleaner state.
filters and side panel work in the same manner. nothing is deleted just hides them from view. or what we call a filtered state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
I think the views panel could be added as a floating always on top, collapsible panel would be good,
so we can quickly view the side panel and then collapse it when not needed.
=]

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
There are many IDE that use this type of collapsible panel.
for sure its been done before even in linkgrabber side panel or other software. =] hence my statements and thoughts.

see what AppWork has to say, ultimately they are the ones that will be programming said feature. One main negative I can see would be system overheads when applying multiple filters (in either implementation). Most users tend to have many more links in download tab vs linkgrabber (powerusers or even users who keep links for history/prevent dupes). More links and more complicated the filter the higher system resources and slower it would make the program.

raztoki
__________________
raztoki @ jDownloader reporter/developer
http://svn.jdownloader.org/users/170

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:43.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.