JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.11.2010, 01:05
agent_leman

Exclamation Q:How to stuff up a perfectly working program(JDownloader) A:Develop 1 buggy update

Hi,
I have been using JD now for quite sometime now & have never had an issue, infact I could not recommend this program highly enough. But after installing the last update I am no longer so sure. The Problem/Problems I have been facing with JD currently is:

*Freezing during Downloads

*.DLC Adding & extracting

* Slow start up & update

* Last but definitely not least is some serious linkgrabber issues.

I like to thank JD developers for all their hard work in the past & I have appreciated using this program without any problems previously. But I think I may have to use another download manager, until another update has been released to repair this current update.

Last edited by agent_leman; 27.11.2010 at 01:46.
Old 27.11.2010, 01:48
JD Manager

What update do you mean?
There hasn't been an update since 2.12.2009, thats the current public version. only plugins get updated and those do not affect any of your issues.

what jd version do you use?
please describe your issues and we can help you, but only a list....noone can help.

please provide logfiles and proper bugreports.
Old 27.11.2010, 02:32
JD Legend

M$ is great at this with their own OS and apps etc.

If your using winblows which I presume you probably are ... recheck the board here and see if you may have some of the issues with the Java version your using or what updates you have or have not done with M$, check your system for drive issues or general clean up issues etc.

(decided not to start something with a comment)
Old 27.11.2010, 10:22
agent_leman

Default Resolved!!

OK,
This is how I remedied my problems:

I had an old version of a JD setup that I downloaded earlier in the year, So uninstalled my current version, then I installed my older version of JD I then went to the JD folder (C:\Program Files\JDownloader) & disabled JD from updating via altering a file from the JDupdate.rar.

This is only a temporary fix but it seems to be working perfectly once again. I am running a windows OS (Win XP)) & I would love to tell you what version I am using but nothing happens when I click on about Jd (CTRL+F1 only takes me to the support page).

Thanks.

Last edited by agent_leman; 27.11.2010 at 10:26.
Old 27.11.2010, 10:56
JD Manager

let jd update and lets find out whats going on. how should we help you when you are using an very outdated version!?
besides that. the jd version DID not change at all. it must be something else causing these problems, but we need more information and logfiles -> proper bugreport!
Old 27.11.2010, 11:20
agent_leman

Jiaz, you're very good my friend & thank you for your quick replies. I am happy with the JD version at the moment but if any issues should arise in the future I will promptly install the latest version. As with any program I purchase I always have a trial period. JD can surely count on my Christmas present this year, Thanks again.
Old 27.11.2010, 11:39
JD Manager

you are welcome. i'm very sure we can find out the causes/fix them, if any problems occur.
Old 27.11.2010, 15:29
yFSC

He's getting the same freezing problem a lot of people have been getting the past day or two. It's probably a new plug-in that's causing so many people to have it.
Old 28.11.2010, 13:42
remi

Jiaz' post about the freezing problem.
Old 28.11.2010, 14:48
chimpin

I'm having the same problem and I use Ubuntu 10.04 so it's not a windows issue.
Old 28.11.2010, 17:22
rrtzmd

Default My problems popped up...

...with an update from about two months ago...despite responses here saying it didn't, the update APPEARED, at least, to cause my entire computer to crash...after messing around with it and updating this and that, I finally got it to work...

...NOW the annoying thing is the time it takes for the program to respond after doing anything...for example, if I click on a download and then, say, disable it, then it takes at least ten seconds before jdownloader will respond to any further commands...ten seconds doesn't SEEM very long, but when you're wanting to do a bunch of stuff, it's long enough to fry your nerves...

...I tried uninstalling the latest java and reinstalling a previous version as suggested for some problems raised in other posts but that didn't help...

...and now, this morning, I can't jdownloader to start, period..."javaw.exe" shows up under "running processes"...it appears to be using 13% of my CPU and 530 Kb of memory -- a lot compared to an earlier version I reinstalled...the old version works fine and I think i'll just stick with it...
Old 28.11.2010, 17:26
JD Manager

how many links do you have in list?
what theme do you use?
Old 29.11.2010, 12:13
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpin View Post
I'm having the same problem and I use Ubuntu 10.04 so it's not a windows issue.
The freezing problem isn't related to the OS. According to Jiaz it's related to the version of jD you're using and the MU host. I can't confirm it because MU is still working fine here.