JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10.08.2022, 16:04
Modem User

Default JD2 Core Update?

The thread for an issue I have says [Wait for JD2 Core Update]. Is there an official thread about the core update, ETAs, etc?
Old 10.08.2022, 18:43
JD Manager

@nshumate: I'm currently working through tickets/mails/threads in forum and have to review some core changes. the next core update is still planed for this week.
there are no ETAs but you can read about updates here https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...pdate-behavior
Old 25.08.2022, 20:06
Junior Loader

At 10.08.2022, 17:43:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@nshumate: I'm currently working through tickets/mails/threads in forum and have to review some core changes. the next core update is still planed for this week.
there are no ETAs but you can read about updates here **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Now - 25.8.2022

More than two weeks later and still no update on my end. :(

Where can we get the ETA? This - https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...pdate-behavior - doesn't give us an ETA. :(
Old 25.08.2022, 20:13
JD Manager

@Templayer:
the release of the update is within hand's reach. I spend all day testing the update and finding issues and fixing them to avoid any major issues once it goes live. eg I found a bug that may have caused loss of list If we don't find any more major issues, most likely it will be released by tomorrow
Old 25.08.2022, 21:39
Modem User

hi, i'm having a problem with youtube download speeds that began this week, i'm getting 70kb on average instead of the 20 mb.
would the update fix that? is it because there was no update for some time now? is it related?
thanks
Old 26.08.2022, 10:22
JD Manager

@Formula1: that one will be fixed as well see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=5057
Old 26.08.2022, 23:27
Super Loader

Thanks for your hard work Jiaz. I see on the knowledge base article that the latest released revision is 46602, released on Fri Aug 26 18:02:00 CEST 2022. But my JDownloader 2 is not seeing the update and still believes that revision 46316 (Sun Jun 26 11:07:23 CEST 2022) is the latest version. Is there some problem with the updater in the client? Or has the message on the knowledge base article been updated too early and the build is not yet released?
Old 27.08.2022, 03:19
Vacuum Cleaner

It looks like it's stuck in some sort of approval limbo.

Core updates can at times take many days to weeks to be released publicly, due to development schedule and testing.
We do not provide ETA for Core updates to be released, you will need to wait!

Seeing how the weekend is approaching, it looks like this will be a long and unknown wait time. I understand other tools are now fixed. Does anyone have any recommendations for temporary alternatives?

Last edited by mrjjones; 27.08.2022 at 03:24.
Old 27.08.2022, 09:05
Modem User

I often wonder why JD gets so many updates on one day alone but now, there is nothing for weeks? And it shows.
I hope everyone is good and there was no incidence...
Old 27.08.2022, 14:02
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjjones View Post
It looks like it's stuck in some sort of approval limbo.

Core updates can at times take many days to weeks to be released publicly, due to development schedule and testing.
We do not provide ETA for Core updates to be released, you will need to wait!

Seeing how the weekend is approaching, it looks like this will be a long and unknown wait time. I understand other tools are now fixed. Does anyone have any recommendations for temporary alternatives?
This isn't very well thought out in that case. If a core update hasn't actually been released, it shouldn't be posted on the update page as the "Latest" version. That's a recipe for confusion. I've now uninstalled and reinstalled JDownloader multiple times believing that my installation's update mechanism must be broken given how lagged behind its version is relative to the update page's "Latest Rrevision", and how long it's been since there have been any updates.

At the very least, there should be an additional line added to the update page: "Latest Released Version" along with "In-Development/Pre-release Version".

I'm not complaining for faster updates or anything, I'm just pointing out it being prudent to clarify on the update page that "Latest Revision" doesn't actually mean "Latest Released Revision", but rather, in-development.
Old 28.08.2022, 13:33
JD Manager

@rakunisiteyo and @Coldblackice

I agree 100% that this is confusing and I will work on this after the updates have been released. currently the widget shows the latest available version but does not check for public availability. right now the updates are only available for internal testing, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...77&postcount=4
I will update the widget to only show public available version in future.

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.08.2022 at 13:38.
Old 28.08.2022, 13:35
JD Manager

@Bob.Dig: All good. I just worked on some more major internal changes and they took me longer than expected to review/test. especially to make sure that rolling out the changes won't cause any major issues. also had to spend time for some off JD work. Once this update is live, the next updates will be faster/most daily again
Old 28.08.2022, 13:44
JD Manager

Still doing some tests but did not find any major issue anymore. Right now it looks good for the updates to be released on monday.
Old 29.08.2022, 03:48
JD Alpha

Well something is definitely changing and progressing... i remember that a few days ago when i was clicking the #46316 in my "About JDownloader" it sent me to a webpage that said:

Revision: 46316 Update: Released or Up to Date...

Can't remember exactly but it was one of those 2. and it was in bright green.

Now it sends me to a webpage that says "Revision: 46316 Update: Released & Outdated" and it's in red.

That sorta tells me that the update is probably super close... still not possible to update when i check with 'Find updates' but something tells me it's close.
Old 29.08.2022, 07:58
I will play nice!

@Jiaz What is the reason for this delay in updates? Updates were daily
Old 29.08.2022, 11:17
JD Manager

@Leifman: see answer here https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...0&postcount=11

@USA: see https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...1&postcount=12 and https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...77&postcount=4
Old 29.08.2022, 16:45
JD Manager

Updates are live
Old 29.08.2022, 17:25
Ultra Loader

Thank you Jiaz, I can confirm the Youtube download is back to its usual fast speeds, and also for IsraCloud. Thanks !!
Old 29.08.2022, 17:27
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback!

If you encounter any issues after the updates we've just released, please post them here.

This thread is now closed.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Closed Thread