JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.07.2016, 07:43
BugMeNot Account

Default My.JDownloader direct connect via WAN

Hiho,

I'm trying to get the direct connect mode working over WAN or even VPN (which doesn't really change anything I think)

First: Do the forwarded ports need to be TCP oder UDP
(for testing I did both)

I could not really verify them to be open, (via **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**) but I think that's because no service is actually waiting for a ping on this port and the JDown will only answer when it comes from MyJD ?

So my situation:

JD(A) runs on an NAS behind a router(A), which doesn't support upnp port forwarding. So I need to manually forward the local port there. (Done)

But my Client (my.jdownloader...) is often situated behind a router(2) that supports upnp.
Will it still work behind manually forwarded routers? = Will the upnp open the same port I set as manual port? Dont think so. So I can only use the lan/wan option?

Still I didn't get it to work, not even via VPN (the JD(A) can see its VPN IP)

I tested a little bit behind router(B) using a local version (JD(B)) on my laptop and with the android app. One time i noticed that the direct connection (LAN) was established using the VPN adress (but for this connection the VPN tunnel did not need to be used...

I did restart the routers, JD and app / browser a few times...
The dns rebind exceptions were also made with router(B) (Fritzbox )

I'm out of ideas...

Last edited by bugnotme; 02.07.2016 at 07:47.
Old 04.07.2016, 11:18
JD Manager

I've answered in your other thread.

On client side you don't have to setup anything. MyJDownloader uses normal http/https. No port forwarding/port firewall needed.

On server(JDownloader) side you can customize Direct Connection Mode, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...anced-settings

Both sides must be able to connect to api.myjdownloader.org

In case you need further help, please contact us via support@jdownloader.org

Last edited by raztoki; 04.07.2016 at 12:30.
Old 04.07.2016, 21:30
BugMeNot Account

It wasn't my thread to begin with, and since it was marked as solved, I thought it won't get any attention anymore.

Your answer leaves me kind of dissatisfied. I did read the knowledgebase article, but it just states that for (LAN/WAN manual) you need to forward the ports you chose as remote ports.

But it doesn't state the protocol (UDP / TCP / ?)

Well for testing I forwarded both UDP and TCP but I'm still connected via MyJDownloader Server mode.

I don't really know how to check if that URI/URL? can be reached, a ping doesn't get an answer despite the DNS being resolved.

I will write you, but I kind of don't understand why you would rather handle support via email than the forum, where others could help / learn.

Last edited by bugnotme; 04.07.2016 at 21:38.
Old 04.07.2016, 22:36
JD Manager

Hi, Protocol is TCP as I explained MyJDownloader uses http/https as protocol.
Within Webinterface/Android App you can see the current used Connection mode and can try to establish a direct connection (is done by default if possible).

To what mode did you change Direct Connection Mode to?
You need to setup port forwarding from local port (that you specify in JDownloader) to a remote port (that you specify as well in JDownloader). So in the end a TCP Requet to WANIP:RemotePort should be forwarded to LANIP:LocalPort.
Please don't forget to restart JDownloader when you change Mode or any port settings.

I asked to continue via E-Mail because I would have offered a teamviewer session to help you live and faster than chit/chat here
Old 05.07.2016, 01:36
BugMeNot Account

Well, that's true teamviewer might be faster and i could still post the solution here.

I'm using Mode: "allow lan/wan connections with manual portforwarding"
local port=remote port
Which is forwarded in the router which works as gateway WAN <->LAN (NAS=JD)

I did restart Jdownloader, as well as the router and browser (running MyJdownloader)

I just noticed, that the URI in the settings is api.jdownloader.org which differs from the one you mentioned ( api.myjdownloader.org) from this adress, I do get a ping answer. But that's not the problem.

I can get a direc connection with android app (mobile network) but once I hotspot that network and try it with my laptop, it is again MyJD Server.
Same if i connect my laptop to another LAN via VPN.

So I guess the portforwarding works, and maybe the Hotspot / VPN are interfering here...
Old 05.07.2016, 09:07
JD Manager

I doubt that your hotspot/VPN provider supports manual port forwarding
In the moment when you are using a hotspot/VPN, your external IP is either a shared (hotspot) or a different one (VPN). In both cases I don't see any way to setup port forwarding. Of course I can be wrong and your hotspot/VPN provider has proprietary support for it

Yes, I meant api.jdownloader.org (sorry for the typo)
Old 05.07.2016, 10:58
BugMeNot Account

Ahm, it's actually a private Client-Host VPN connection, so no "provider" involved.
I used it to get "outside" my own LAN to test the WAN option.

I understood the portforwarding was necessary on the server side of the JD part.
"On client side you don't have to setup anything. "
Since the VPN is only tunneling the Client outside, similar to the hotspot, why is there a need for them to support port forwarding?
For an outgoing connection on a specific port there should not be a necessarity for portforwarding?
Old 05.07.2016, 11:07
JD Manager

Sorry, I thought the JDownloader side is behind a tunnel?

So your client is behind a tunnel? In that case no extra setup should be needed.

Can you please explain what your setup looks like?

Client(Mobile,Laptop?) -> ?? -> ?? -> JDownloader...so I can better understand the setup and think about possible causes of the failing direct connection mode
Old 05.07.2016, 15:34
BugMeNot Account

Of course

JDownloader is running on a NAS in my LAN behind a Speedport router connected to the Internet.
(Here the (remote=local) port is forwarded to the NAS)

As a client, for testing I'm either using my mobilephone android via umts, my laptop via hotspot from mobilephone (umts) or I connect my laptop to a foreign (family) LAN via VPN, where all traffic is redirected.

At the moment, i could also try using another Wifi (eduroam or open wifis) but I don't think that would be a big difference and I would need to leave my desktop^^
Old 05.07.2016, 15:39
JD Manager

And vpn/hotspot does not work?
But it works in LAN ?
Old 05.07.2016, 17:21
BugMeNot Account

It works in LAN, android via umts or WLAN, but does not via android->hotspot->Laptop or VPN->laptop
Old 05.07.2016, 17:50
JD Manager

I'm sorry but I'm little confused.
JDownloader is running, check

but I'm confused about
android>hotspot>Laptop or VPN->laptop?

do you mean?
android->hotspot->NAS or android->VPN->NAS?
and
laptop->VPN->NAS
Old 05.07.2016, 18:00
BugMeNot Account

Well, I see that I don't really manage to state the situation short, complete and without ambiguities XD

I get direct connection mode only when physically connected to LAN /WLAN with any device OR under android (mobilphone) when connected via UMTS

(android -> hotspot -> Laptop)
I get mydownloader server mode when I try to share the UMTS signal from the android device to my laptop
Also server mode when using VPN connection from laptop

Android -> VPN -> NAS is an option i did not try yet ^^. But that's another VPN(NAS-hosted) connection, not the one mentioned before (foreign LAN-hosted)
This brings direct connection mode as well.

Maybe it just doesn't work and the android app keeps lying?^^ -> no, since browser based works too, in physical LAN

Last edited by bugnotme; 05.07.2016 at 18:05.
Old 05.07.2016, 18:48
JD Manager

Please try with webinterface on Laptop. It will show all known IPs of JDownloader in Settings. So you can check if that works okay. Then you can also try to establish Direct Connection Mode and see if that works.

Does the VPN use different IP ranges? That would explain why hotspot and vpn might fail.
For example vpn offers same IP range as original network, then the requests will go to wrong destination.

I really suggest we do a teamviewer session on the laptop that is connected via vpn, then we can check/debug together.
Old 05.07.2016, 18:48
JD Manager

The android app does not lie it verifies the direct connection and only shows when really using it
Old 05.07.2016, 19:50
BugMeNot Account

I am using the webinterface on the laptop to test (what else? the browser extension opens the webinterface)

The known Ips are: External (WAN / Internet) IP, LAN Ip, and the VPN -that's working because it's pointing to my LAN -IP

As far as I remember, VPN always needs different IP ranges. But the VPN (thats not working) was just used, to get "outside".

I just "painted" an overview, but since testing the VPN on my desktop kind of screwed up the connection to my printer/scanner... that's gotta have to wait.
Strangely at the moment the VPN (itself / normal browsing) did not work at the laptop... too strange...
--> **External links are only visible to Support Staff**Paining
Green are the connections which bring up DC Mode.
Red, orange and yellow are the ones, which bring up Server Mode.

Already a change, which I dont understand: After installing the VPN (shrewsoft client) on my desktop, I wont get DC mode anymore. Over VPN no DV nonetheless

Last edited by bugnotme; 06.07.2016 at 03:57.