JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.12.2023, 09:44
Junior Loader

Default Pixeldrain No Longer Working Properly (free mode)

Since the beginning of December I've had major problems downloading Pixeldrain files as it seems the plugin settings conflict with the restrictions imposed by the file share site.

Pixeldrain imposes a restriction on free users to 5GB of downloads per day at unlimited speed (it actually shows on the download page how much you have downloaded at any one time) and once that has been reached then the speed is reduced to 1mb/s in total with it continuing to record how much has been downloaded. They also have imposed a hard limit of 5 concurrent downloads at anyone time for free users. So even when the speed is limited you still achieve download rates of around 200kbs per file and when downloading a single file it rises to 1 mb/s Additionally the data stream is evenly distributed between the downloads without much if any fluctuation in the bandwidth given to each.

I have tested this tonight manually through my browser (Firefox) and proved it to be the case. Furthermore by switching IP Addresses using my VPN it resets the their counters to zero and you can download another 5GB at unlimited speed before the speed restrictions kick in once more. Beyond that there are no timers, no captcha or other restrictions that I am aware of.

However since the start of December (last successful download December 3rd) I have built up a large backlog of Pixeldrain downloads because no matter how I set the plugin options they seem to be blocking further downloads. The main problem seems to be that the plugin expects there to be a situation where a captcha is required and the options provided are predicated on the expectation of that captcha. To my knowledge there is no captcha required for Pixeldrain (certainly not manually) and as such the way it is configured makes little sense.

For example, if you set the plugin to expect a captcha it then throws up an endless stream of turbobit type captcha checks (the most frustrating type) which even when successfully navigated never actually start a download.

If you tell it to bypass captcha it just sits there in an interminable loop counting down to 0 and then resetting the time counter and beginning again. As there is no captcha on the manual download for Pixeldrain it seems odd that one is even mentioned in the plugin.

As a result you will likely see one of the following error messages dependent on the plugin settings:

"Wait to avoid captcha (pixeldrain.com)" (there is no captcha on the manual page)

"You are speed limited, change IP Address, try again later or allow speed limited download" (none of which seem to work)

I attach the files I downloaded tonight manually. They vary from files of a few MB to files exceeding 2GB so should provide an adeqaute test sample.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

In addition to resolving the download problems highlighted it would be helpful to give the user the ability to manually set the number of concurrent downloads within the plugin in order to allow the user greater ability to optimise their downloads. Having 5 speed limited files downloading concurrently when the overall setting is 10 files may not be the most efficient use of available download bandwidth.

Anyway I hope I have explained the situation and a solution can be identifed. Many Thanks in advance ~ Manny
Old 08.12.2023, 15:40
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyK View Post
Since the beginning of December I've had major problems downloading Pixeldrain files as it seems the plugin settings conflict with the restrictions imposed by the file share site.
First of all:
The last time any code of our pixeldrain.com plugin has been changed was 2023-09-20 so nothing has changed on our side.
Of course that does not mean that our pixeldrain is bug-free.

Quote:
For example, if you set the plugin to expect a captcha it then throws up an endless stream of turbobit type captcha checks (the most frustrating type) which even when successfully navigated never actually start a download.
Yes a captcha can happen and you can read about this in the pixeldrain API docs:
pixeldrain.com/api
-> Open the segment "/file/{id}" and do a full text search for "captcha".
JD will only jump into "what to do if a captcha is required" handling, if a captcha is required.
There are also no "predictions" in place - JDownloader is using the pixeldrain.com API and acts according to the API response it gets.

Quote:
If you tell it to bypass captcha it just sits there in an interminable loop counting down to 0 and then resetting the time counter and beginning again.
There is no such thing as a "captcha bypass": If you want to really bypass it, you need to change your IP.
Alternatively you could setup and automated captcha solver service like 9kw.eu to let it solve the captchas for you.
If you configure the pixeldrain plugin not to ask you for captchas, all it can do when a captcha is required (and auto reconnect is not possible) is to wait and try again later.
--> The looping is not a bug.

Quote:
As there is no captcha on the manual download for Pixeldrain it seems odd that one is even mentioned in the plugin.
Pixeldrain might either just not be showing a captcha via website (idk) or they are using a so called "invisible reCaptcha".
More information about such captchas:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...splay-captchas
Just in case they are not requiring a captcha in browser but they do via API: Please contact their support and ask them to normalize this behavior to be the same via website and API. We are not going to side-implement the pixeldrain API and website!

Quote:
"You are speed limited, change IP Address, try again later or allow speed limited download" (none of which seem to work)
That works fine but if you change your IP without telling JD e.g. without configuring the internal reconnect feature properly, it will not check for a changed IP thus it will never "see" that the limit is gone for your new IP.
You can check this by doing this:
1. Let JD run until the limit message appears.
2. Change your IP -> JD will continue to show the limit message.
3. Restart JDownloader (not just the downloads, the whole JD application!) while you are still using your VPN / new IP -> Now those items should be downloadable.
If my assumption is correct:
Learn more about configuring your reconnect in JD properly:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...Article/View/3
and using a VPN as reconnect method:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...connect-script

Quote:
In addition to resolving the download problems highlighted it would be helpful to give the user the ability to manually set the number of concurrent downloads within the plugin in order to allow the user greater ability to optimise their downloads. Having 5 speed limited files downloading concurrently when the overall setting is 10 files may not be the most efficient use of available download bandwidth.
So you would like to have a pixeldrain plugin setting to be able to limit the max simultaneous free downloads for pixeldrain.com globally?
If so:
I do not see a broad demand for this.
I recommend using our generic feature called "domain rules" to do this.
See Settings -> Advanced Settings -> GeneralSettings.domainrules

I'm on vacation now so do not expct another reply from me any time soon.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.12.2023, 22:38
Junior Loader

Default Thanks for the quick response

Thanks for the detailed response and there is plenty of pointers there to keep me occupied over the holiday. So have a enjoyable time off and hopefully in the interim your advice will provide the solution for me.

Happy Holidays!