JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.12.2023, 07:21
JD VIP

Default Weird download issues

Hi,

I'm experiencing a bunch of weird download issues. I upgraded to Ventura, and keep updating jDownloader, so I'm not sure who's to blame, but here are my issues:

After adding packages to Downloads, they won't start.
It seems like only a single download is active at a time, eben though max simultaneous downloads set to 5 (and they are different hosters).

I can force download packages of course, but it's not always feasible, and sometimes produces a strange result in the view: jDownload reports 100% downloaded, but the status is "Starting" (this happens for mp4 files). Screenshot:

Update

The strange "Starting" issue is not exclusive to mp4 files.

Thanks in advance,
M

Last edited by Maelcum; 06.12.2023 at 07:24.
Old 06.12.2023, 12:29
Community Manager

So you are unable to do simultaneous downloads at all or your problem is only that when items are added from the linkgrabber, only those items are started?

Maybe the filehost you are downloading from has changed its limits and is now only allowing max 1 download globally per IP for free-users?
Please provide example URLs.

Also please check your linkgrabber quick-settings:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...w-to-add-links

Please post your log-ID here
If your bugreport is about a specific website which JD supports via plugin, please also provide example URLs which can be used to reproduce the issue you are having.

Bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.
Falls dein gemeldetes Problem ein Problem mit einer Webseite ist, die per Plugin unterstützt wird, stelle bitte zusätzlich Testlinks zur Verfügung, mit denen sich dein Problem nachstellen lässt.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.12.2023, 19:32
JD VIP

Hi,

Here's the current situation.

1. I have several packages in the Downloads form several hosters, but there's only a single download in progress.
2. Adding packages from Linkgrabber using Start Downloads from the context menu will add selected packages to the Downlods view, but they won't start downloading (both packages have multiple hosters).
3. I can Force Download them, like I said, but simultaneuous downloading was working for ages, it just stopped recently.

I'm on macOS Ventura if it matters. I haven't change jDownloader settings recently.

Quote:
Maybe the filehost you are downloading from has changed its limits and is now only allowing max 1 download globally per IP for free-users?
No, the packages have multiple hosters. But they won't even start downloading.

Quote:
Please provide example URLs.
It's not depending on the hoster, it's all the same behavior regardless the hoster (youtube, mega, dropbox, ...), but you insist, here's one link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Thanks in advance,
M

PS:

I tried several times before I was able to submit, because I got the message belowÉ

The following errors occurred with your submission

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.
Old 06.12.2023, 20:33
JD VIP

Just a quick update.

The last time jDownloader worked fine was around Friday, last week (2023.12.01).

Cheers,
M
Old 07.12.2023, 13:41
Community Manager

Within the last 3 months we only released plugin updates.
I can assure you that your problem is not happening due to a buggy update.

Your problem sounds like a configuration problem:
1. Make sure that multiple global downloads are allowed:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ections-chunks
2. Check Settings -> Advanced Settings -> GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.startbuttonactioninlinkgrabbercontext -> Set this to "Add all linkgrabber links and start downloads"
Depending on your preference, you also want this to be enabled:
LinkgrabberSettings.autoconfirmmanagerforcedownloads

If all of this is enabled and the problem keeps happening, please be ready for a Teamviewer session after my vacation (after 2023-12-18).

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.12.2023, 19:16
JD VIP

Hi,

These are my settings: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.startbuttonactioninlinkgrabbercontext already set to Add all linkgrabber links and start downloads

Like I said, I haven't changed anything recently, probably in years, because everything worked fine.

Thanks in advance,
M

PS: What's causing this "Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired." issue?
Old 08.12.2023, 00:07
JD VIP

Hi,

I think I figured it out.
I have a lot of links in the Downloads queued, about 60000, in multiple packages (a lot of small files).

If I disable the packages with a lot of files, everything seems to be working fine (i.e. multiple downloads up to the maximum simultaneous downloads), if they're enabled, only a single download happens.

So, it looks like it's some sort of bug related to the number of files/packages in the Downloads queue.

Cheers,
Imre
Old 08.12.2023, 15:07
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelcum View Post
GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.startbuttonactioninlinkgrabbercontext already set to Add all linkgrabber links and start downloads
And what is the other setting set to?
--> Enable this!

Quote:
PS: What's causing this "Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired." issue?
Context? I just googled that sentence: Is that an error message you get when posting in our forums?

Quote:
I have a lot of links in the Downloads queued, about 60000, in multiple packages (a lot of small files).
In general that shouldn't be a problem but you might be running out of JVM-memory.
JDownloaders' downloadlist was never designed to be used as a "download history".
Check this article:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...loader-is-slow

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 08.12.2023, 18:53
JD VIP

Hi,

Quote:
--> Enable this!
No need to, after disabling some of the pending packages, everything works fine again.

Quote:
Context?
I often get this message in the board when I try to post a quick reply. Just like now, when I tried to post this message. It's quite annoying.

Quote:
JDownloaders' downloadlist was never designed to be used as a "download history".
Those packages are queued for downloading, and not "download history". Anyway, something there is definitely fishy, since disabling (not removing) those large packages solve the problem.

Cheers,
M