JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.05.2019, 02:05
JD Legend

Lightbulb Req: Multiple "linkgrabber" tabs - For more room, better Organization

Hi

I have I think a great idea for JD2...

If possible please allow the ability to load and create multiple lists of the linkgrabber....in separate tabs. This would allow me to have multiple lists of different link types if I wanted. With fast switch to make the clipboard put new links in one tab list or another. To help separate one set of lists into a different tab for better organization overall.

Is this possible? Or is it even currently a feature Im unaware of?

I know it could be some work but it would be nice to be able to have maybe at least 1-2 more linkgrabber tabs for multiple link lists. WITH the ability to completely organize the users lists. Should also have the ability to limit list sizes. Then make JD2 use whatever linkgrabber tab the user defines to monitor.

Also....the ability to drag and drop and/or cut and paste links from one linkgrabber tab to another.

Of course with all the great features the linkgrabber currently possesses.

Love JD2! The best BY FAR!

Thanks
Old 12.05.2019, 04:26
English Supporter

I believe that multiple download and maybe even linkgrabber tabs have been requested in the past. download tabs is deemed too hard/complicated with download order issues. Though since there is no real issue with that in linkgrabber tab (other than maybe default/primary) receiving the links and you moving them to anther tab (context menu) i believe that could be possible under the current frame work with little extra work. Will Appwork do it? and do it fast probably not, there are hundreds if not thousands of outstanding tickets, but it might happen faster or just some day.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 13.05.2019, 12:55
JD Manager

I'm sorry but at the moment there are no plans for multiple download/linkgrabber views. This would require major changes and I don't see any real *advantage* What's the real advantage for you with this setup?
Old 14.05.2019, 02:23
JD Legend

Multiple lists just allow me to have separate differently organized list. One list for one set of links, another for different etc. Having everything on one huge list I tend to get lost and overwhelmed with one big list.

The search definitely helps but it would be nice to completely be able to separate one list from another if id like. Less clutter.

I think a lot of ppl could like this because I know Im not the only one with large lists.

If u cant do it now i understand, just something to think about for the future if nothing else; but it still would be nice to have down the road.

Thanks
Old 14.05.2019, 15:35
JD Manager

Instead of different/multiple linkgrabber, maybe sort of TAG system and then you can filter/blend in/out differen TAGs and work in list like always? Then you could set/assign TAGs via packagizer or settings and change it afterwards. Adding multiple linkgrabber views is WAY more work as it sounds because it rquires changes in many GUI parts (all buttons, context menus...) and controlling between different linkgrabber and download list and also changes to load/store of lists. Adding just sort of TAGs would be much easier to realize
Old 15.05.2019, 00:12
JD Legend

Just to be clear Im not asking for additional "Download" tabs, just additional linkgrabber lists.

Im not too clear about this TAG idea of yours. I dont quite understand what u mean. admittedly i do not know how to use the packageizer, it look quite complicated, and i do not know how i would make these "tags"

If its too much work to pull off right now i understand. Again just something to think about if it can be done in the future. Even if its slowly but surely.
Old 15.05.2019, 01:12
English Supporter

tags as in keyword within comment section. then you can use the search bar and filter in/out based on said keywords

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 15.05.2019, 11:29
Script Master

@MrGonzo: It is currently possible to create linkgrabber filter views based on various parameters. You can then check/uncheck them to quickly hide/unhide them from the linkgrabber list. When it is active, you can also select the 'view' name in the sidebar right-click and perform all context menu commands on it.

The following rule for example, will create a view named "TV Series", by matching file name patterns (in this case files which contain series and episode numbers in it).

Download and extract the file (TV Series.views) and import it to JD using "Settings > Linkgrabber Filter > Views Tab > Import".

Code:
gist.github.com/mgpai/31b368262159c40749b64be146c9683d/download

Old 15.05.2019, 11:11
JD Manager

thanks@raztoki.
yes, I meant sort of keyword/tag system, either via comment or own dedicated field/column, where you can assign keywords/tags and then change view/list to only show certain keywords/tags.
such a change would require MUCH less work
Old 15.05.2019, 11:34
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
... keyword/tag system, either via comment ...
Both link and package comment fields are currently not available, in either filter or views rule editor. Will be very useful if added.
Old 15.05.2019, 11:42
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
both link and package comment fields are currently not available, in either filter or views rule editor. Will be very useful if added.
Old 15.05.2019, 11:51
Script Master

@Jiaz: Forgot to mention packagizer. Will be very useful there too. Thanks.
Old 15.05.2019, 11:40
JD Manager

thanks @mgpai: yes, didn't think of custom views which can also work fine.
Old 15.05.2019, 12:07
JD Manager

@mgpai: I will add it for all rules
Old 15.05.2019, 12:21
Script Master

Quote:
@mgpai: I will add it for all rules
Understood. I already saw "packgazier" in the ticket. Just mentioned I had forgotten it.

Please add LABEL or CATEGORY fields (per link or package or both) when you find time. It can be used to make each view unique by preventing overlapping of links in multiple views.
Old 16.05.2019, 01:30
JD Legend

Ok thanks everybody, will try these things and see if its good enough for now lol. Would still like to see an extra linkgrabber in the future if possible. But at least ur aware lol.
Old 16.05.2019, 16:12
JD Manager

When you need with suggested solutions, please let us know!
Old 23.12.2020, 14:36
JD Alpha

Wink Linkgrabber Tabs

Quote:
please let us know!
Just here to Upvote this..
In Future the Cloud Services will become bigger to get Stuff for Project work from other People Clouds or OCH will become more interesting..

but what if i search for files to become my Project completed
..what if all the Files hosted on GDrive and the Files all have nearly the same filename and Filesize so.. there is no way to Figure out where the Grabbing comes from /What Project- Fundamentally there is an urgend need for this. Just in my Opinion

Schöne Grüße und Frohe Weihnachten ans Team!