JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07.11.2010, 12:49
free_user

Yeah thats really disgusting what rapidshare do there. I have also ~300 marked downloads, too.
I`ll never upload/download from rapidshare again.

Cheers!
Old 07.11.2010, 12:57
usmasm

I keep getting the "Please stop flooding our download servers." as well. And also, has Rapidshare increase the waiting time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes now? This also started happening since yesterday.
Old 07.11.2010, 13:16
BugMeNot Account

As a (temporary?) solution - increase your "First IP check wait time" from 5sec to 10sec (you can try other values). This can be found under Settings->Modules->Reconnection->Advanced.
Dunno if it's due to no "No free user slots" atm or whether it really solves the problem - but since I changed the setting 1 hour ago, I didn't get the error.

//EDIT: nope, didnt help

Last edited by buggsy; 07.11.2010 at 14:34.
Old 07.11.2010, 13:31
remi

@RoofingGuy

Thanks for the data and congratulations for being able to show some respect for jD's developers.
Old 07.11.2010, 14:23
Artanis666

Is there any option without an reconnect of the router?
Old 07.11.2010, 15:10
daniela.waranie

Hi all,

it seams that i get "Please stop flooting our download servers." for all subsequent requests after i get a "All free download slots are full. Please try again later.".

It seams that both messages are bound to my current IP (Location A).
If i try to get the file from an other IP (Location B)i did not get the messages - i get the file.

It seams that rapidshare tries to banish the jDownloader users.

It seams that "All free download slots are full. Please try again later." is no longer used to report that all free download slots are full - it is also reported in case of "Hey freak, we block you because we detected, that you are using a download manager which have a big impackt on your system performance. You are now banished."

The supposed "banish bad users" function at rapidshare seems to be unable to detect a "bad user" if there are only a less downloads active in jDownloader, as writen above by someone. I am not sure if jDownloader is doing something on the download entries if they are not the next in the queue (maybe a "is file still online" check will give to mutch information to rapidshare) there must be something why rapidshare can detect "bad users" only if there are more than 2 enabled downloads.

I think to handle new "service messages" faster there should be a early-warning system with a feedback channel to the plugin developer. And there should be a the possibility to change the "actions" for each "service message" on my own via a GUI - and not hardcoded, anymore. In a second development step you can build a "action interchange system" where every user can "upload" there rules automaticalliy via jDownloader as a recommendation. Most recommanded action for a specific "service message" should be handled as "best rated". Where should be a automatically "download" via jDownlaoder for the "best rated actions" if there is no action manually defined by the user.

If the above feature request is implemented, there will be no need to use developer time if new "system messages" appear of if the meaning of a existing "system message" changes.

I am willing to implement the webservice part of that feature request (in PHP), but a Java developer should do the other things in jDownloader.
Old 07.11.2010, 15:48
Rafal

It seems they changed that flooding trigger to be more sadistic, now even three active links as free user starting to be "flood". Ive disabled them and started only one, same thing... it seems that they want external software to stop checking file lists over and over
Old 07.11.2010, 17:17
BugMeNot Account

Exclamation Update would be helpful

I think this is beyond common user's control, so an update from the team would be really appreciated.
Old 07.11.2010, 18:02
BugMeNot Account

[QUOTE=drbits;114326]@ All starting with Message 100,
  • Read the rules for the Forum (Hoster Plugins)!
  • Read any Read Me for the forum, check the General Discussion -> Self Help Index, and search for a previous answer.
  • Are all of you using Free downloads?
  • Where are your Logs and Links that the Logs use?
  • What OS are you using? If Vista or later, have your applied the Required Patch?
  • What Antivirus and firewall and have you opened them for JDownloader, java, and javaw?
  • How much memory do you have?
  • What speed is your download (try speedtest.net)?
  • What version of Java are you using (for Windows, it should be Sun Java 6u20 or 6u21, not the latest release - it is broken).
  • What is the version number of the Host plugin (from the Hosts Table)?

error messages (since the last approximately 24 hours):

1st one "all free slots full"
the following are all "please stop flodding" while jdownloader tries to connect
sometimes eventually going down the list, it might connect, but it's the exception

Free Download User
Router firewall
No software firewall
No realtime AV
Jdownloader : -xmas- Version 0.9.580
Java: Open-jdk 6-jre
memory: 2GB ram
rapidshare host version: 12839
Reconnect option ineffective due to long IP-lease time

estimated speed for download at rapidshare (when it worked seldomly): 1mb/s on average

So now RS gives high and constant speed for free users, opposed to prior when it downloaded in chunks.
But waiting time is now up to 30 minutes when it works, plus it doesn't work well.

error log, 1st message:

Quote:
- INFO [java_downloader] -> All free download slots are full. Please try again later.
- WARNING [java_downloader] ->
Error occured- latest: ERROR_FATAL
00100000000001100000000000000001 <Statuscode
00000000000000000000000000000001 |TODO
00000000000000100000000000000000 |ERROR_FATAL
00000000000001000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_IN_PROGRESS
00100000000000000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_ACTIVE
StatusText: Verbinden...
ErrorMessage: All free download slots are full. Please try again later.
2nd and following messages:

Quote:
INFO [java_downloader] -> Please stop flooding our download servers.
WARNING [java_downloader] ->
Error occured- latest: ERROR_FATAL
00100000000001100000000000000001 <Statuscode
00000000000000100000000000000000 |ERROR_FATAL
StatusText: Verbinden...
ErrorMessage: Please stop flooding our download servers.

Last edited by buggsy; 07.11.2010 at 18:17.
Old 07.11.2010, 18:33
Los

Ok, heres a workaround, that really works (I've been using it for the last 9 hours without any problem):
- Make sure, all links hosted by rs.com are deactivated
- uncheck automatically reconnect
- activate the first link for rs.com
- start download
when download is finished (maximum speed - up to 50 Mb/s!):
- deactivate finished download
- activate following link for rs.com on your list
- manually reconnect
Old 07.11.2010, 18:54
SebastianJu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Ok, heres a workaround, that really works (I've been using it for the last 9 hours without any problem):
- start download
- manually reconnect
Thats not a workaround in my opinion. I have many files open and when I get the flooding all other files will get the flood. But at some point I will get an download again. Probably a rapidsharetimer. So when you want to do it manually you could mark the downloads and click right-resume. Then it starts from top and when the rapidsharetimer stops a file will be asked normally. You will get a download or a "slots full". Depending on that it downloads or moves on with flood filter.

@daniela.waranie

In my observations only two request is enough to trigger the floodingfilter. And this filter looks effective because since they implemented it a free download comes with rates of some MB per second. Which is way more than before.

So when you had one request for a file and it didnt work for any reason the next request for the next file will trigger the flood protection.
Old 07.11.2010, 19:28
RoofingGuy

Quote:
Ok, heres a workaround, that really works (I've been using it for the last 9 hours without any problem)
It only "really works" if you're sitting at the computer (which JD was written to avoid) and if the free slots aren't full (which lately doesn't happen too often).

At the moment I have every other part deactivated, and for the last hour have yet to get the one link I'm trying, to connect. Every time I try resetting it, it "connects" and then immediately tells me "Please stop flooding".

The real (and obvious) solution is to just use a paid Rapidshare account.

I used to get the "no free slots" about once every 2 months... then once a month... then once a week... then once a day... now it's fairly constant.

There's no incentive for them to add more server capacity to people who aren't paying for it, and I don't see current subscribers paying more so that people can use it without paying.

Usually, if there's other mirrors, I avoid Rapidshare, but for some files it's my only option at the moment.

Yes, it'd be nice if the JD coders could work with the new timing scheme so the downloads don't error out so quickly, but without free slots from Rapidshare, files are going to fail, no matter what error gets thrown back.

Last edited by RoofingGuy; 07.11.2010 at 19:40.
Old 07.11.2010, 19:33
BugMeNot Account

Quote:
- start download
- manually reconnect
If I'd seen the auto reconnect option anywhere, I'd unchecked it.
It's not working for me anyway so I guess checked or unchecked doesn't matter.
Rly, I can't see that option anywhere, does it only show up when you configure the router?
Pretty weird.

Anyway, the problem isn't just the flooding, for me at least.
It's the prior "error" message: No free user slots available.
So even if your points were a workaround for the flodding issue, the problems starts before that, and that's not solved by minimizing the connections to one link.
At least that's what I experienced so far.

As a mod pointed out, it's ineffective to post problems or solutions without giving at least a minimum of information on your system, user status, preferences...

See above for the list.

P.S.
Are you sure about 50mb/s ?
You do realize that's 3GB a minute.

Last edited by buggsy; 07.11.2010 at 19:39.
Old 07.11.2010, 19:48
SebastianJu

@buggsy

The Reconnectsetting is in the top menu. The blue recycle-sign... and it only works if specified in settings.

I dont think the free slots are the problem. I never had a problem with them. Because JD puts a timer beneath this. That means it will retry these files after a while. So it will try until it gets a download. In my experience this happens fairly fast. So I dont see there a main problem...

I would be pleased for now when the floodprotection is getting a timeout too. Then it would remain to normal state and everything is retried until it works again. Which is after a minute or so. (If a slot is free again.)
Old 07.11.2010, 20:03
BugMeNot Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianJu View Post
@buggsy

The Reconnectsetting is in the top menu. The blue recycle-sign... and it only works if specified in settings.

I dont think the free slots are the problem. I never had a problem with them. Because JD puts a timer beneath this. That means it will retry these files after a while. So it will try until it gets a download. In my experience this happens fairly fast. So I dont see there a main problem...

I would be pleased for now when the floodprotection is getting a timeout too. Then it would remain to normal state and everything is retried until it works again. Which is after a minute or so. (If a slot is free again.)
I don't know how long that while is after which JD reconnects to the same link that got the message "no free user slots available".
It gets marked with that stop sign automatically.
I never waited for it to return automatically, but reseted manually.

However, it seems that in the last 1 or 2 days there has been a change in the number of "no free user slots available" messages.
I can't remember that I had got that message more than the occasional once or twice a day.
Now, it's constant in the last about 1-2 days.

I guess since then JD moves on to the next link instantly the flood filter is applied.
If there was no problem with availability of slots, JD would simply download the link, wait 30 minutes and then move on> no flood.
So my guess is, availability of slots and flood filter are somewhat coherent.

P.S. So in concern of the reconnect feature, if I haven't got anything configured like router it doesn't try automatically to reconnect?
Just trying to make sure, it isn't because it wouldn't work for me anyway and thus would be annoying if it wasted time and resources while waiting and checking for a new IP.

edit:
Just opened the link in the browser and it gives me the exact same "Please stop flooding message" even without pointing out in advance there's a lack of available free user slots.

Last edited by buggsy; 07.11.2010 at 20:10.
Old 07.11.2010, 20:23
FuGGer

Old 07.11.2010, 21:27
SebastianJu

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggsy View Post
I don't know how long that while is after which JD reconnects to the same link that got the message "no free user slots available".
It gets marked with that stop sign automatically.
I never waited for it to return automatically, but reseted manually.

However, it seems that in the last 1 or 2 days there has been a change in the number of "no free user slots available" messages.
I can't remember that I had got that message more than the occasional once or twice a day.
Now, it's constant in the last about 1-2 days.

I guess since then JD moves on to the next link instantly the flood filter is applied.
If there was no problem with availability of slots, JD would simply download the link, wait 30 minutes and then move on> no flood.
So my guess is, availability of slots and flood filter are somewhat coherent.

P.S. So in concern of the reconnect feature, if I haven't got anything configured like router it doesn't try automatically to reconnect?
Just trying to make sure, it isn't because it wouldn't work for me anyway and thus would be annoying if it wasted time and resources while waiting and checking for a new IP.

edit:
Just opened the link in the browser and it gives me the exact same "Please stop flooding message" even without pointing out in advance there's a lack of available free user slots.
Search in forums how to build reconnectscripts. JD has some things implemented on its own I think.

The lack of free user slots didnt raise for me. But together with the flood protect its devastating. Because the floodprotect seems to work this way:
* If a user requests 2 different files in a certain timespan he is a automated downloader.
* If he is one show the next minute only the floodwarning.

So when there are no free slots it will ask the next file and bam... flood protect...
Old 07.11.2010, 21:32
Los

@buggsy: 50 Mbit/s=6,25MB/s=375MB/min, not 3GB
But, yes, a friend of mine downloaded a bunch of files at that speed...

System Information:
Windows 7 x64
Rapidshare free user, no proxy
Java Version 6.22 (Build 1.6.0_22-b04)
JDownloader 0.9.580
Rapidshare plugin 12839 with "Wait if all Free User Slots are full" selected in "Settings"
"Stop Flooding..."-Message und correlating Problems since tonight.

Last edited by Los; 07.11.2010 at 21:36.
Old 07.11.2010, 21:33
JD English Support (inactive)

There is something wrong with the Rapidshare server software. It is supposed to specify the wait time (for try again later). This has been lost.

The "Please stop flooding our download servers" is because there is no wait. The Rapidshare software believes that JD is attacking it.

Last edited by drbits; 07.11.2010 at 21:38.
Old 07.11.2010, 21:54
Gilead

EDIT

Looks like my comment has already been addressed, you may delete this comment.
Old 07.11.2010, 22:08
SebastianJu

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
There is something wrong with the Rapidshare server software. It is supposed to specify the wait time (for try again later). This has been lost.

The "Please stop flooding our download servers" is because there is no wait. The Rapidshare software believes that JD is attacking it.

But no free slots dont have a timer at rapidshare too. Its added by JD. The same could be done with flood protection... and should to solve this...
Old 07.11.2010, 23:10
Community Manager

The flood error was fixed by coalado, wait for the next update!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.11.2010, 00:58
SebastianJu

Maybe its only because Rapidshare isnt used much this time of the week but till the change I never had a flooding or no free slot till now...
Old 08.11.2010, 01:31
SebastianJu

Now I had a floodwarning. No slots free resulted in a stop and waiting 1 minute. Then it retried the same file. Unfortunately floodwarning. With reconnect it reconnects now. Without reconnect it waits 6 minutes without moving to the next file.
I think these 6 minutes are too much. Normally when I get the first floodmessage before it went to the next file and occassionally it got other messages then like no free slots. Which means probably that the floodtimer has ended then. So i think the floodtimer ends way before 6 minutes. Maybe im wrong.

Anyway... with reconnect it works fine now... thanks...
Old 08.11.2010, 02:10
StreamLine

Not working... nightly build 12896.
Anyway, thx a lot for a great piece of software.
Old 08.11.2010, 03:19
BugMeNot Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianJu View Post
Search in forums how to build reconnectscripts. JD has some things implemented on its own I think.
The problem is that my ISP has a very very long lease time for IPs.
I can disconnect and connect 2 hours later and still have the same IP.
It takes at least a few hours to get a new one, and there is no safe and reasonable workaround.
The long lease time apparently makes the reconnect obsolete since the waiting time is much shorter as well as predictable.
If I don't do a disconnect I can have the same IP for weeks, or months.

However if the download works at all, waiting time isn't much of a problem thanks to the automatic download by JD.
I mean I have to wait of course, but I don't mind if the dl takes a week or a month..
Am I weird?

Quote:
@buggsy: 50 Mbit/s=6,25MB/s=375MB/min, not 3GB
But, yes, a friend of mine downloaded a bunch of files at that speed...
I'm aware of the difference of Mbit/s and MB/s.
But you wrote 50 Mb/s which is sort of confusing really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
(maximum speed - up to 50 Mb/s!)
Anyway.
Without an update of JD I just started downloading again.
1st dl started right away after a minute and finished very quickly with constant 1MB/s speed.
Next had the new waiting time of appr. 30 minutes.
After which the flood error messages occurred :(.

Maybe the flood protection is a weekend institution to give users (who are able to use the reconnect feature) a reason to get a premium account?
Because with the new constant download speed and an automatic reconnect after IP change, I can't see a reason why anyone still felt the urge to pay.
Other than being a good samaritan and having some spare change.

Last edited by buggsy; 08.11.2010 at 03:41.
Old 08.11.2010, 08:29
Intr0

1st post, I'm also regularly getting "no free slots" messages. And today for the first time I got a "please stop flooding our download servers". I'm on a dynamic IP (Virgin cable 10MBs^-1), using latest version of JD. The "New IP" button doesn't work for me

I know nothing technical (java etc), but I'm not bad with logistics. I reckon Rapidshare is monitoring how quickly the next link is accessed after the first one. So if the next link is started instantaneously after the Rapid-countdown between links ends, they know. Is there a way to change the code of jdownloader so it doesn't trust the Rapid-countdown and perhaps waits an extra 61-241 seconds (Randomly generated value for each link). Or you could trial and error what range works, I went pretty safe with 61-241 I think ^_^

You could also add a much shorter random time element (15 seconds or so)to after your file actually loads for download (when the download button actually appears on the site after the 2 min wait). It could be useful for other hosts in future too. I suppose I'm coming exclusively from a free-user point of view though.

The way they're going lately, they won't have any customers soon. Rapidshare links seem to be an endangered species these days.
Old 08.11.2010, 09:23
StreamLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intr0 View Post
... they won't have any customers soon.
Hopefully...
Old 08.11.2010, 17:31
RoofingGuy

FWIW it looks like Rapidshare's changing things again.

Instead of the "No free slots..." message, I just got "Download as freeuser currently not possible".

The good news is that JD responded properly:
Code:
03 11/8/10 10:27:38 AM - INFO [java_downloader] -> Download as freeuser currently not possible
203 11/8/10 10:27:38 AM - WARNING [java_downloader] -> 
Error occured- latest: ERROR_HOSTER_TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE
00100000000001000001000000000001 <Statuscode
00000000000000000001000000000000 |ERROR_HOSTER_TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE
StatusText: Connecting...
ErrorMessage: Download as freeuser currently not possible

203 11/8/10 10:27:38 AM - WARNING [java_downloader] -> Error occurred: Download from this host is currently not possble: PLease wait 60000 ms for a retry
ERROR IN USER: Never post a log scrap. Upload your log. (drbits)

Last edited by drbits; 09.11.2010 at 06:31.
Old 08.11.2010, 18:08
jhnsn957

Default Thanks and similar issue

Thanks for the quick fix to the rapidshare "Stop Flooding" problem. It may not be perfect yet, but it is working for me as a free user on rapidshare. (I updated JDownloader US eastern time 8am today.)

I am, however, having a problem with what appears may be the same code section. If my ISP drops the connection JDownloader detects it, but still walks through the entire list of files to be downloaded, and marks them as failed, and then I have to reset all the files, and start the download again.

I am running the latedt and greatest as of 8am today.
Windows XP
Java JRE 1.6.20

attached is the pertinent portion of the log file.

Edit (drbits): This should also be fixed now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt JD similar.txt (3.0 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by drbits; 09.11.2010 at 06:29.
Old 08.11.2010, 18:11
BugMeNot Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoofingGuy View Post
FWIW it looks like Rapidshare's changing things again.

Instead of the "No free slots..." message, I just got "Download as freeuser currently not possible".

The good news is that JD responded properly:
Is that update available for Linux users (ubuntu) yet or soon?
Old 08.11.2010, 21:02
JD Adviser

Default Rude Message from Rapidshare

I haven't d/l anything from RapidShare in two days. I'm a free user.

Just a few minutes ago, I cued up four links in RS and got the following message?:

"All free downloads slots full. Please stop flooding our download servers."

I've come across the first sentence before, of course. But the second sentence? That's a new one...

Friday, I did d/l about 15-20 links from RS. Since I'm a free user, it basically took all day and most of the night. But again, I didn't do anything on RS Saturday or Sunday, and nothing today until just a few minutes ago when I tried. I'm hardly flooding their servers.

Anyone else got this message before? Is this a JD thing?
Old 08.11.2010, 21:05
SebastianJu

@buggsy

I too have a nearly static ip with Kabel Deutschland but there are ways to get a new ip except you have a really static ip. There are scripts for that out there. Look at gulli.com if you understand german. Otherwise there are probably solutions in english too somewhere.

@Intr0

At least for new ip you must setup a batchfile or script or something in JD. Otherwise its not working.

@RoofingGuy

I think that new message is part of the fix for JD. Its the old "no free slots available" I think.
Old 08.11.2010, 21:07
BugMeNot Account

I just updated JD on Linux.
Don't know yet if it's improved but it opened a website with JD's latest updates, which included an rs update from Nov 7.
I dont see rapidshare.com in the host list with version 12839 anymore as before.

What's weird is that instead I see a plugin for rapidshare.ru, version 9747.
Can someone explain to a newbie like me why I see rapidshare.ru in the host list, but not rapidshare.com?
I suspect it's not the same thing is it?

edit:
Ok, forget what I said.
I was confused by the listing.

rapidshare.com version is 12895 in latest linux JD version

Last edited by buggsy; 08.11.2010 at 21:15.
Old 08.11.2010, 21:08
fma16

@ user0
I've got it in the web page too. it's pretty funny XD

Last edited by fma16; 08.11.2010 at 21:48.
Old 08.11.2010, 21:21
RoofingGuy

Yep... 12895 is what I have on Win7... you're up to date.
Old 08.11.2010, 21:24
RoofingGuy

Update your plugins.

Rapidshare changed something, and ended up getting "flooded" by JD if a file failed due to "no free slots."

The latest Rapidshare plugin handles the "no free slots" better... it waits, instead of just moving down the list and flooding RS.
Old 08.11.2010, 23:04
daniela.waranie

@SebastianJu

Quote:
Because the floodprotect seems to work this way:
* If a user requests 2 different files in a certain timespan he is a automated downloader.
* If he is one show the next minute only the floodwarning.
So when there are no free slots it will ask the next file and bam... flood protect...
I agree, is seams there is a detection for requests on 2+ files within a span of time which is bound to the ip.

Again: I got a "...slots full.." message on ip a (location a) when i do not have that problem on ip b (location b). Testet 10 times. At location a with jdownloader i got 8 times more often a "...slots full" message than in location b where i do request the same files within the same hour, but i did it manually in location b.

Result:
location a = 6-8 messages / hour
location b = 0-1 message / hour

I do not think that rapidshare has reduced the amount of slots. I think there is a "bad user detection" working with banishes jDownloader very effectiv - that may be is the reason for the great download performance within the last days (if you got a slot).

Last edited by daniela.waranie; 08.11.2010 at 23:51.
Old 08.11.2010, 23:17
SebastianJu

@Daniela

Yes since the change at rapishare and with the new jd-update I have downloaded so much from rapidshare that I got before only in weeks I presume... Pretty fast. Reconnect, Download a half minute wat 3MB/s and reconnect... Nice move from Rapidshare... And good for us that we have a fast reacting developerteam... thanks devs
Old 09.11.2010, 04:31
ilcapo

Well, I am not really experienced in writing programs, so please don't post mean comments if I am talking rubbish... ;-)

Like other users of JD I've got the impression that Rapidshare detects users of automated download programs and shows the "flood" warning (or now the "download for free users currently not possible" warning) to them.

If once detected as auomated downloader, a reconnection is not sufficient for being able to download the next file. Actually in most cases you need to RECONNECT AND RESTART jdownloader (1 or 2 times).

So here are my proposals:

Proposal for 1.:
RS NEEDS YOUR IP to treat you as automated downloader. Im thinking of the following sequence: JD has succeeded in downloading the first file - JD is requesting the next file from RS using the same IP - RS detects this IP as automated downloader and shows the warning instead of a message telling you to wait a certain amount of time.
So what about making JD RECONNECT NOT AFTER GETTING THE MESSAGE TO WAIT, BUT BEFORE REQUESTING THE NEXT FILE from Rapidshare?
In this case JD will request the next file using a new IP and won't be detected by RS.

Proposal for 2.:
Perhaps it's possible to make JD not only RECONNECT but also RESTART itself when downloading from Rapidshare?

Last edited by ilcapo; 09.11.2010 at 04:41.
Closed Thread