JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 10.12.2010, 15:10
doserrre

anything for mac users?
Old 10.12.2010, 17:32
Storm

The nightly version implies it can only be used at night. Is that correct and if so, in which time zone please?
Old 10.12.2010, 17:46
Ato Puro

You can use it anytime. It just means it isn't an ofiicial release yet (consider it a beta version which is being worked on, until they can't find any critical bug)
Old 10.12.2010, 18:00
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by doserrre View Post
anything for mac users?
here is a howto for mac users
hxxx://www.board.ochload.org/fehler-probleme/ochloader/board24-jdownloader/330-jdownloader-plugin-anleitung-for-mac/
Old 10.12.2010, 18:38
Storm

Thanks Ato Puro. I have downloaded it and will try it tomorrow.
Old 10.12.2010, 19:26
Storm

Just tried the nightly version and I don't know why it's doing this but link grabber is adding everything it finds on every page I visit. I use Clear List to get rid of everything however that also clears the link I added, and then I can't get it back again because JD won't respond if I copy the link.

Do I need to change something in the settings or is this a bug?

Old 10.12.2010, 20:13
JD Manager

dont know how you add the urls or what kind of urls you add. but that seems like you added a link and jd searched for all possible links.

without the needed informatino i cant tell more
Old 10.12.2010, 20:26
Storm

Try yourself Jiaz. Copy either the FS or MS link and see if the same thing happens to you.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 10.12.2010, 20:52
ryudragoon85

Default New information discovered

I just joined after reading through all 11 pages to figure out the problem and see if anyone else figured this out. Jiaz, I have yet to update to nightly, and I've been having the same problems as everyone else concerning MU files. I figured it out being MU since that was the only ones I was using at the time, and unlike most people I have a slower connection, capping out about 93KB/s on average in JDownloader.

It is probably because of this slower connection that I noticed something happening when JD freezed and stopped responding. I have Win7 Ultimate x86 with the latest Java installed. What I found was that if I managed to keep JD on top when it froze I would see speeds of about 96-99KB/s. I don't know if this will work for anyone else, or if it has something to do with the MU servers dropping their connections but it seems to me that if left to reach whatever speed it likes, JD will get a sudden burst of data as the MU server stalls and in-turn lock up itself. I may be wrong, but so far putting a speed limit of 92KB/s seems to keep it perfectly stable for me and allow it to continually download past the point when the file originally causes the program to lock up. May be worth looking into. Hope this helps some people who have yet to update to Nightly like I have.
Old 11.12.2010, 10:43
JD English Support (inactive)

@ ryudragoon85,

Thank you for the suggestion. Setting the Maximum Speed to the actual download speed (or a little higher) can help JDownloader work around some of the Windows bugs (Vista and later).

We have a problem solving guide under General Discussion -> Self Help Index.
There you will find information about a required Microsoft patch to fix 3 Windows bugs.

Also, JDownloader is a portable program (it stores information into its program directories instead of the registry and the user directories). It is important to install it into a directory such as c:\programs\jdownloader (instead of "program files").

Finally, depending on your hardware, there can be problems with the latest versions of Java. I suggest installing Java 32 bit JRE 6 update 21 from java.sun.com/products/archive (the sixth box down on the page).

For some reason, when I just visited, the page came up in Japanese, but the important part of the page was still in English. This appears to be a problem with the Oracle website.

@ 7leagueboot,

Please provide actual web addresses. When clicking on TinyUrl addresses, you never know what it is supposed to return. You might be getting what you are asking for, especially if the links refer to folders instead of files. Please try the links in a browser and let us know what you see. If you are sure it is a JD problem, please provide the information requested in the Hoster Plugins rules.

If JD is freezing, please follow the instructions in General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Posting an Emergency Log. This is a very detailed log that is saved on disk as you work. If JD or the OS freeze, the files will still be there after you have killed JD or restarted your computer.

Last edited by drbits; 11.12.2010 at 10:52.
Old 11.12.2010, 10:49
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7leagueboot View Post
Try yourself Jiaz. Copy either the FS or MS link and see if the same thing happens to you.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Your link is a redirection and nothing is found on that page because a log-in is needed. What do you want jD to do?

Concerning the links appearing in your Linkgrabber, just turn off Clipboard Monitoring.
Old 11.12.2010, 15:50
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Your link is a redirection and nothing is found on that page because a log-in is needed. What do you want jD to do?

Concerning the links appearing in your Linkgrabber, just turn off Clipboard Monitoring.
remi is right why not select the links IN page and normal copy (NOT copy urls), just normal copy. jd will then parse html sourcecode and find links in selected area
Old 11.12.2010, 16:51
Storm

I'm sorry about the login guys. I suppose you could register if you wanted to access it but I can't expect you to do that.

Now, forgive me if I have not understood this however, I always thought that clipboard monitoring meant monitoring only that which you have copied to the clipboard. The sites I use all have the links wrapped in BB Code tags so the only way to copy them is to highlight them and then hit Ctrl C. In the regular version of JD the link would then be grabbed but in the Nightly version everything on the page was grabbed. Although I can do a clean-up operation afterwards, it's simply too much work when all I wanted to do was grab a single link.

I have turned off clipboard monitoring now so will test that soon but my guess is I'm going to be obliged to return to Flashget until this situation is resolved because clipboard monitoring is necessary when copying a batch of links which, 8 time out of 10 is the case.
Old 11.12.2010, 22:10
Cheetodust

Do you have anything for the Mac user that speaks English?
Old 12.12.2010, 11:26
remi

What do you mean?

@7leagueboot

You write that jD starts grabbing all the links in a page you visit. Did you have the page's URI in your clipboard?

Note that I don't know how the Nightly's Linkgrabber works, because I'm not a tester.
Old 12.12.2010, 21:52
JD English Support (inactive)

@ 7LeagueBoots,

The Nightly LinkGrabber grabs what it thinks is the source HTML for the text you have copied, assuming that your browser copies both the text/plain and text/html versions to the clipboard. If your browser does not follow that convention.

1) What browser are you using. JD may have to exclude that browser from extended clipboard monitoring (only text/plain). Make sure you are not using a clipboard program separate from the normal clipboard program for your OS (these are often used to store your clipboard history, so you can go back and re-use old entries).
2) Please describe how you are copying and give examples of what you are copying. Try this for multiple hosts.
3) Start JD using the Emergency Log procedure (General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Posting an Emergency Log).
4) Do some copying. Look for circles at the bottom of the window (in the Status Bar). They should fill with green as they process. Exit JDownloader when you are done or 5 minutes after you think it has frozen.
5) Describe your antivirus and firewall setup. What are your settings at the bottom of the page.
6) Include all of the information except for the log in a message (do not send it yet). Check the Hoster Plugins rules for any other recommended information that might apply to this situation.
7) Edit the 2 txt files created by the Emergency Log procedure to make sure the files do not contain your password.
8) Create an archive containing the txt files and any HS_err*.log files that you find in your JDownloader directory. Attach the archive to the message (from 6) - you may have to click on Go Advanced and Manage Attachments.
9) After the attachment is on the message, post the message.
10) PM the URI (web address) of the page and your login information to Jiaz. Your login information will only be used for fixing this bug (Jiaz will preserve the privacy of your information).

I know this seems like a lot, but the previous messages have been missing a lot of information and this is the best way to provide it. Jiaz might have to try to reproduce the problem with a network monitor such as WireShark or a special clipboard monitor.
Old 13.12.2010, 11:37
JD Manager

you can also provide logins to that page and a sample link and i can check
but i tested html clipboard monitoring on windows/mac/linux with konquerer,firefox,opera,ie,chrome and everytime worked fine. make sure you only select the part with the links, not the complete page.
Old 14.12.2010, 06:08
S0nic2

nightly version work all day or? thanks i just download it

Last edited by S0nic2; 14.12.2010 at 06:15.
Old 14.12.2010, 11:08
UltraMagnus

I got it to work on mac with the "java -Xmx512m -jar JDownloader.jar -branch NIGHTLY" command, but how can I make the application icon use that command?
Old 14.12.2010, 11:14
remi

If you mean the short-cut, then put the command in the Target field of the short-cut.
Old 14.12.2010, 11:19
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
I got it to work on mac with the "java -Xmx512m -jar JDownloader.jar -branch NIGHTLY" command, but how can I make the application icon use that command?
That command only needed once, then your JD become Nightly version and start as usual.
Old 14.12.2010, 11:25
UltraMagnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
If you mean the short-cut, then put the command in the Target field of the short-cut.
macs, do, not, work, like, that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
That command only needed once, then your JD become Nightly version and start as usual.
Ah, ok, thanks. So it will always automatically update to the latest nightly now? cool.
Old 14.12.2010, 16:29
Charlie

Until this problem is fixed (either by MU or by the georgeous JD team), is there any equivalent downloads manager able to open DCLs?

After 12 pages of very interesting reading, I do not see a clear agreement on a complete solution, even if it is interim. I mean, some people say that the solution is to downgrade Jave, others to install nighty version, others that the download rate is limited then, etc.
And, moreover, most of the information refers to Windows installations, not Mac OS...

Thank you.
Old 14.12.2010, 16:34
JD Manager

solution is to upgrade to nightly version of jd.

see how to use nightly
hxxp://www.board.ochload.org/fehler-probleme/ochloader/board24-jdownloader/330-jdownloader-plugin-anleitung-for-mac/
Old 14.12.2010, 16:53
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
solution is to upgrade to nightly version of jd.

see how to use nightly
hxxp://www.board.ochload.org/fehler-probleme/ochloader/board24-jdownloader/330-jdownloader-plugin-anleitung-for-mac/
Thanks Jiaz, I'll do a try as soon as I arrive at home.

Gruss
Old 14.12.2010, 19:09
wuampa

Hi everybody, someone have any idea of when the update that fixes this problem is going to be available for the regular version of JD. All my downloads are from Megaupload and its very frustrating to use my web browser. I think im not ready for the Nightly version yet.

P.D.:Jiaz, keep up the good work!
Old 14.12.2010, 19:37
JD Manager

the nightly version is ready for you, just use it
Old 14.12.2010, 19:48
wuampa

Ok, i guess it deserves a try.

One last question, after i install it is there a way of restoring the original version (some kind of uninstall).
Thanks for the quick response.
Old 14.12.2010, 19:55
JD Manager

just switch version back to public branch
java -jar jdupdate.jar -branch RESET
Old 15.12.2010, 03:50
wuampa

Thanks, using Nightly for almost 6 hours with no problems so far! I think im sticking with it.
Old 15.12.2010, 21:11
Charlie

Thumbs up

Using NIGHTLY version since yesterday and... everything OK!!
I've downloaded about 20Gb in about 200 files without any problem.

Thanks for your great work!!
Old 23.12.2010, 17:57
oloment

Hey,

I'm on a Mac os X System (10.6) and have done the NIGHTLY update explained here (**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**...) but I still have problem with megaupload links. I have this error : FILE NOT FOUND. I have premium account, port 80, and have never seen this problem before.
Thanx for your help

System info : Mac OS X 10.6.5 on X86 64

JD info : JDownloader -NIGHTLY- Build 13184
Java Vendor: Apple Inc.
Java Version: 1.6.0_22

Log : http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/23059
Old 23.12.2010, 17:58
JD Manager

file not found = file offline. please example links
Old 23.12.2010, 18:03
oloment

The file is not offline. In the log, I have tried with this links :
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**. The file can be downloaded with browser but not with JD.
Old 23.12.2010, 18:19
JD Manager

works fine for me, will check it

try rightclick and reset
file works fine for me
do you use free or premium account

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.12.2010 at 18:22.
Old 23.12.2010, 18:27
oloment

Arg, I have downloaded a new version of JD, update it and already the same problem.
It's not my MU account, already bug without account saved in JD.
And no IP Ban or limitation, have try on different connections.
K, thx
Old 23.12.2010, 18:36
oloment

Already tested with reset and nothing new.
Yes, premium account.
Old 23.12.2010, 18:47
JD Manager

please create a logfile with
(in cmd.exe)
java -Xmx512m -jar JDownloader.jar -debug -brdebug
reset the file and then try to load, when error happens, upload logfile and give url again
Old 23.12.2010, 18:56
oloment

I have done the cmd in the terminal (mac os).
Here is the log file : http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/23066
Old 23.12.2010, 19:40
JD Manager

thanks, found the bug
will work again with next jd version, thanks for reporting