JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Host Plugin Reports

Old 29.12.2016, 02:16
Black Hole

Default How to change hardcoded wait times in plugins? e.g. filejoker.net

I suppose the easy question would be to just ask to have the plugin modified- in my case, it's the filejoker plugin, which has a 1-hour hardcoded wait time between downloads, even though in my case/configuration the actual wait time is 45 minutes. Filejoker doesn't have an actual timer on their page that says how long to wait, so JD is hardcoded to a best guess (which it probably my fault for requesting the 1-hour wait, because that's what I though it was when it turns out it's 45 minutes).

So, what I have to do is wait for the wait timer in JD to count down to 15 minutes or less. Then I have to RESET the link, which clears the timer, then force the download if it doesn't start automatically. This has the downside of occasionally starting the wrong download, since it often starts the next one in line rather than the one I reset (if I wasn't downloading the max number of simultaneous downloads).

I'd much rather be able to change it locally, because depending on conditions the wait timer can change (host changes it, etc). Of course it appears that setting is placed in compiled java, and I'm not a programmer (I know enough about Java to probably break it if I tried to decomplie/recomplile it myself)

Be nice if that setting was in the plugin's settings. This of course isn't the only plugin with this issue, though it's the one I run into the most right now.

So actually this is either a plugin defect request or a feature request.
Old 29.12.2016, 20:46
Community Manager

Hi
There are no easy ways to modify such waittimes other than plugin settings and for most of our users it would make no sense either ... apart from a giant config file as nearly every plugin would then have multiple waittime setting entries.

For the case of filejoker we would need to know which waittime you mean as the script they use (XFS) has multiple IP-BLOCKED (Reconnect) waittimes - for some of them, their HTML actually contains the exact waittime.

So in conclusion - rather let us correct this in our plugins

Of course, if they frequently change that value, we could add a plugin setting.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 29.12.2016, 22:27
Black Hole

What I've found is that it requires a wait of 45 minutes, for me, but I use the custom referrer URL. However, if the download takes more that 45 minutes to complete, there's no wait time at all (which means it never got an IP-BLOCKED).

As I said, if I run a short download that then gets an IP BLOCKED for the next one, I get a 1-hour wait timer in JD. But I can start another download by resetting the link and forcing the download at 45 minutes.

The waittime that generates the 45 minute wait says something to the effect of "No Free Slots Available", which they throw up there in the place of the more useful messages.
Old 30.12.2016, 03:12
Community Manager

Changed waittime for the following message from default (=1 hour) to 45 minutes:
Code:
No free download slots are available at this time.
---
[Please read]=>How/when do I get updates?
Read it carefully BEFORE complaining that something would still be not working!
Update cycles depend on your installed JD version!!

---
[Bitte lesen]=>Wie/wann bekomme ich Updates?
Bitte vollständig lesen bevor ihr euch beschwert, dass etwas immernoch nicht funktionieren würde!
Die Updatezyklen variieren je nach installierter JD Version!!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 31.12.2016, 02:42
Black Hole

Hmm. Well, it's still giving me the 1-hour timer, and I can still reset+force start at 45 minutes.

Logs:

30.12.16 10.52.18 <--> 30.12.16 17.16.44 jdlog://3405969150841/

Nice java exception error message at the end of the filejoker plugin log. Log is from before I force started the download at 45 minutes.

URLs that did it (first is the one that finished, second is the one it tried to start after the first one finished, got the timer and I reset with over 10 minutes left on the timer. Third is the one it actually started when I reset the second one)

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

logs after I reset the link (same logs, just a little more on the end)

30.12.16 10.52.18 <--> 30.12.16 17.42.23 jdlog://9405969150841/
Old 31.12.2016, 07:10
English Supporter

12/30/16 4:43:50 PM You were still using revision 35764, latest revision is 35769.

Last edited by tony2long; 31.12.2016 at 07:24.
Old 31.12.2016, 11:35
Black Hole

Which is why I requested a month or so ago (and was told it was not necessary as it's automatic) some sort of notification icon (like for core updates) that plugin updates had happened. For some reason no one can explain, I have to restart JD2 manually in order to pick up plugin updates. I've checked and rechecked the settings- it's set to update automatically as far as I can tell. But it doesn't, not without a JD2 restart, and as far as I can tell, it never has. The only way I know that plugins were updated is to check the forum, so I can set a stop mark to stop it from starting anymore downloads and manually restart.

Although, in this case I did restart JD2 16 hours after the plugin supposedly was updated, because I saw it was set to "Solved" at 18:12 29Dec. I reset at 10:56 30 Dec- 16 hours later. It wasn't for a few hours later I noticed the 60 minute counter was still happening.

I just checked the version in the log, it's still 35764. Guess I'll need to wait longer for it to update.
Old 31.12.2016, 13:23
English Supporter

It seems that revision 35769 is blocking update because it contains update to components, not only decrypter / hoster. Please wait for core update next year.
Old 31.12.2016, 23:24
Black Hole

Ah. That explains it.
Old 05.01.2017, 12:56
JD Manager

Update will come later this day. Last Update is from 29.12.16