JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 21.09.2022, 00:09
Modem User

Default Packagizer settings for href tag

Hello I am looking to find out the best method to download a series of video files from a web page. The issue is all of the links are called main.mp4

This results in lots of videos with the same name and extension making it very hard to know what each video is.

On the original page the Name of the package is wrapped in a class called title.

Then each video is named by using the display name of the herf tag here is a quick example

Code:
<center>
        <p class="title">Name of Package</p>
</center>

<span>03 - <a href="**External links are only visible to Support Staff** class="download_link">This is the name of the video</a></span>
What is the best way of downloading these file, I ended up making a list of the urls and names of the links in excel "URL#Name of video" and then used packagizer with a source url contains "*#*" and then used file name <jd:source:2>.mp4 This worked but it was kind of messy in the sense of building the original file list

I am sure there is a cleaner way of doing it so I was reaching out to find what else I could do. Thanks for your help.
Old 21.09.2022, 10:55
JD Manager

@LuckyMore: Packagizer does not have any access to html at all and also there is no reference between link and html. JDownloader does not know anything about a DOM.
Old 21.09.2022, 10:57
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMore View Post
I am sure there is a cleaner way of doing it so I was reaching out to find what else I could do. Thanks for your help.
I would recommend to automate this process, either via external script or write/use a script for Eventscripter that loads the html and then builds the downloadURLs+Filename combinations and let JDownloader crawl those.
As an alternative you can write/use a script for Eventscripter that listens on those URLs of the sites you want to crawl/download and act like a self written
plugin that searches for links and sets names. Please see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525 . Ask in thread for hint/help
Old 22.09.2022, 00:18
Modem User

Thanks for the ideas and explaining what JDownloader has access to. I did end up writing a python script for the scraping but yes would be nice to do it all in JDownloader. I will take a look at Eventscripter.
Old 22.09.2022, 14:20
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMore View Post
I will take a look at Eventscripter.
In case of questions/need help, just ask