JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 21.02.2023, 12:21
Black Hole

Default Imagefap.com Issues

so there are several issues with Imagefap.

1. When importing links, if they are the links that are gallery.php?gid=* then JD is only grabbing the first 24 images.

Here are some example links. both sets are the same/link to the same galleries. the first set are the type of links you see when browsing search results or any of the categories. The second set are what you see when browsing a users profile.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

2. JD is only downloading 1-2 images at a time even when forced and downloads are skipping ahead in the download list meaning that often a random image in a package further down the list will download when there are still many of the same priority ahead of it.

As you can see from the screenshot that I have my downloads sorted from smallest to biggest in terms of number of images and JD is jumping ahead quite a bit. also, the being stuck at 1-2 downloads (but mostly 1) at a time is really annoying as downloading from imagefap is slow enough already with their rate limit like and whatnot.

Please fix!

21.02.23 01.54.27 <--> 21.02.23 02.01.09 jdlog://2513311370661/
Attached Images
File Type: png JD_ignoring_sort_order.png (232.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 21.02.2023, 12:40
Community Manager

1. Fixed.

2. I'm unable to reproduce this and I'm unable to find any problems in your log.
The imagefap.com plugins does not limit the number of simultaneous downloads but it restrics them to start one after another so because those are small images, in the end this will mostly result in max 1 simultan downloads.

According to your log, you've reached the rate-limit of imagefap.com at some point of time.
In this case JD will either wait and try to reconnect or ask you to solve a captcha depending on your imagefap.com settings.

For all code changes mentioned in this post, the following information applies:

Bitte auf das nächste CORE-Update warten!

Please wait for the next CORE-Update!

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-
EDIT

Just a sidenote:
"Force download" will never allow you to exceed plugin hardcoded limits, see also:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ections-chunks

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 21.02.2023, 23:10
Black Hole

Sorry, the first log and screenshot are from two different instances of JD.

This log is from the instance where the screenshot was taken. I have it set for 5 consecutive downloads but it only starts one at a time and when I force it, it does 2 at a time but JD is acting as if there is a plugin limit in place.

hopefully this log will help you.

21.02.23 13.00.24 <--> 21.02.23 13.04.02 jdlog://4613311370661/
Old 22.02.2023, 11:11
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknuckle View Post
This log is from the instance where the screenshot was taken. I have it set for 5 consecutive downloads but it only starts one at a time and when I force it, it does 2 at a time but JD is acting as if there is a plugin limit in place.
I've already explained this in my last reply.
Quoting myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
The imagefap.com plugins does not limit the number of simultaneous downloads but it restrics them to start one after another so because those are small images, in the end this will mostly result in max 1 simultan downloads.
Just a sidenote:
"Force download" will never allow you to exceed plugin hardcoded limits, see also:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ections-chunks
I'm not planning to remove this limitation or change the "download slot behavior" of this plugin.
We're open source so if you wish imagefap.com downloads to all start at the same time, you can modify our source code accordingly (it is only one line), see:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...up-ide-eclipse

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.03.2023, 18:16
Mega Loader

Default ImageFap - not completely crawling galleries

Hi,
I just noticed that the plugin controlling ImageFap is not crawling galleries properly. If a gallery is over one page long (i.e. 24 pictures) the plugin will stop there. In other words, for any gallery over 24 pictures, it only crawls over the first 24 and thus LinkGrabber only lists 24 pictures.
Could anybody please look into this?
Tx!
Old 14.03.2023, 15:53
Community Manager

Merged similar imagefap.com threads.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 15.03.2023, 12:25
Mega Loader

Default ImageFap not crawling beyond 24 pictures

I just checked the original post and the first part of the post seems to be the same. The issue is that JD2 only crawls the first page of a gallery (i.e. 24 images) and it does *not* crawl successive pages of the same gallery (i.e. pages 25 and forward) in the LinkGrabber. I *do not* care how the download works. I am *only* interested in LinkGrabber. For example, this is a simple gallery with 25 pages:

The URL for the gallery is:

And the result of JD2 crawling is:

As you can see, it is *only* crawling the first page of the gallery (i.e. 24 pictures) and ignoring the rest.

Last edited by globus999; 15.03.2023 at 12:34.
Old 20.03.2023, 12:36
Community Manager

Fixed.

---

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.03.2023, 15:43
Community Manager

CORE-Updates have been released!
All announced bugfixes and features are live!
Please update your JDownloader and report any issues you find asap.
If this thread gets marked as "[Solved]" by our forum staff you can still post in it and we will read- and reply to it!

CORE-Updates wurden released!
Alle angekündigten Bugfixes/Features sind nun verfügbar!
Bitte JDownloader updaten und eventuelle Bugs schnellstmöglich an uns melden.
Falls dieser Thread vom Team als "[Erledigt]" markiert wird, kannst du weiterhin darin antworten und wir lesen/beantworten auch solche Threads!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.03.2023, 06:35
Black Hole

Quote:
I've already explained this in my last reply.
Quoting myself:

I'm not planning to remove this limitation or change the "download slot behavior" of this plugin.
We're open source so if you wish imagefap.com downloads to all start at the same time, you can modify our source code accordingly (it is only one line), see:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

so I loaded up a JD backup from a year ago to show you that the imagefap plugin behavior is indeed not normal. as you can see below, I was able to force start 20 downloads and they all downloaded quite quickly.

The current plugin WILL NOT let you force start any more than 2 downloads and only typically downloads 1 file at a time regardless of how many consecutive downloads you have set.

There is also the other issue of JD downloading random images from random packages in random order rather than working it's way down according to position and priority. I have been using JD for many years and this behavior is NOT normal.

Both of these issues NEED to be fixed. Why are you being so resistant? I am reporting bugs and your going "not huh, everything's fine!" well I am telling you it isn't.
Attached Images
File Type: png IF20.png (213.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 27.03.2023, 17:05
Community Manager

Quote:
I was able to force start 20 downloads and they all downloaded quite quickly.
I never said that this wasn't technically possible.
I simply said I've disabled the possibility to start imagefap downloads at the same time as this will protect the majority of our users of running into rate-limit errors in a super short time.
I did this based on my tests and so far the only negative feedback about it came from you.

If you want to have simultaneous downloads back/possible, you may ask me politely.

Quote:
The current plugin WILL NOT let you force start any more than 2 downloads and only typically downloads 1 file at a time regardless of how many consecutive downloads you have set.
Correct.

Quote:
There is also the other issue of JD downloading random images from random packages in random order rather than working it's way down according to position and priority. I have been using JD for many years and this behavior is NOT normal.
Can't reproduce. Please provide a log.

Quote:
Both of these issues NEED to be fixed. Why are you being so resistant?
I'm not.
You're mixing up potential bugs and behavior that is intended by the developer (= me).
You're also very unpolite at least this is how I'am interpreting your wording.

Quote:
I am reporting bugs and your going "not huh, everything's fine!" well I am telling you it isn't.
I've never said that and I'm always open for feedback.

To continue here, this is what I need from you:
- Answer to the question: Do you want a setting to enable/disable sequential. download-starts for this plugin?
- Logs

Please post your log-ID here | bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 27.03.2023, 22:01
Black Hole

Quote:
I never said that this wasn't technically possible.
I simply said I've disabled the possibility to start imagefap downloads at the same time as this will protect the majority of our users of running into rate-limit errors in a super short time.
I did this based on my tests and so far the only negative feedback about it came from you.

If you want to have simultaneous downloads back/possible, you may ask me politely.

Yes, Please.

I was not trying to be rude. I am just frustrated because while I don't download from Imagefap often, when I do, its usually enough to keep me... occupied for quite a while. anyways the last time I downloaded from IF with the cucked plugin, it took almost 4 days just to download 21,000 images. With the older non-cucked plugin downloading at 5 consecutive downloads, I was able to download 25,000 in a day and I never hit the rate limit.

I also use multiple instances of JD with proxies when I want to download really really large amounts. this has always worked fine.

you should leave it up to the users to figure out how to download without hitting the rate limit. You are not their mommy. What's with all this nanny state BS?

Again, not trying to be rude but it just seems unfair that you decided to arbitrarily set an insanely low limit that all JD users were stuck with after having so much freedom and flexibility for so long.

Quote:
Can't reproduce. Please provide a log.

I did already. I have already posted 2 logs in this post. I made a new log.

Quote:
I'm not.
You're mixing up potential bugs and behavior that is intended by the developer (= me).
You're also very unpolite at least this is how I'am interpreting your wording.

Again. not trying to be an ass. I apologize if I seem that way. that is not how it is meant.

Quote:
To continue here, this is what I need from you:
- Answer to the question: Do you want a setting to enable/disable sequential. download-starts for this plugin?
- Logs
Yes, I would very much like to have the option to have sequential downloading for this plugin again.

I just went ahead and made a new log for the random download issue.

27.03.23 11.54.30 <--> 27.03.23 11.57.02 jdlog://7534311370661/
Old 27.03.2023, 23:19
Community Manager

Quote:
I was not trying to be rude. I am just frustrated because...
Frustration is fine but keep in mind that you're using a free software here and you are being provided free support.
You're not talking to some bots here and and if only one user is requesting a feature...in an unpolite way I don't really see myself implementing it.

Quote:
you should leave it up to the users to figure out how to download without hitting the rate limit. You are not their mommy. What's with all this nanny state BS?
It is not a "nanny state BS".
Please take into account that the more unreliable a plugin is, the more users will complain so as a supporter and developer I'm not only here to help with plugins but I also want to keep the amount of tickets low.
Hence I'm avoiding troublesome default configurations.
If you look deep enough you will probably find more plugins which could "be faster". Just keep in mind that the JDownloader team does not have an unlimited amount of time available for such optimizations!

I know I'm repeaing myself but just take a look at this thread:
Since my changes you've been the only user to complain about the new behavior.
And that's fine because you're a poweruser and such users often have special needs.

Quote:
Again, not trying to be rude but it just seems unfair that you decided to arbitrarily set an insanely low limit that all JD users were stuck with after having so much freedom and flexibility for so long.
Well again that's just your point of view.
I'm repeating myself: Out of the group "all JD users" you're the only one to complain so far.

Quote:
I did already. I have already posted 2 logs in this post. I made a new log.
I know.
They didn't contain any helpful information for me which is why I was asking for fresh logs.
Looking back at my replies in this thread, my responses might have made it seem like I just ignored the fact that you've posted logs but I can assure you I didn't: I've looked into them and I wasn't able to find anything helpful.

Quote:
Yes, I would very much like to have the option to have sequential downloading for this plugin again.
I'll be adding it for the next set of plugin updates.
I'am a fan of settings myself but then again in this case you were the only one asking for it so I didn't really see the demand.

Quote:
Again. not trying to be an ass. I apologize if I seem that way. that is not how it is meant.
Okay understood.

Quote:
I just went ahead and made a new log for the random download issue.
Again I'm unable to see any issue in your logs and I'm unable to reproduce your issue.
I can only assume that your problem is somehow related to the downloads starting sequentially and possible additionally some other parts of your config. That would at least explain why I'm unable to reproduce that issue here.

No further logs required from my side. If you keep having those issues we can look into it via Teamviewer session which will also take less time than writing back and forth in this thread.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 04.08.2023 at 10:03. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 27.03.2023, 23:52
Community Manager

I've added the requested plugin setting(s).
I've also added a setting for the request limit (= delay between each browser http-request to "imagefap.com").
Disabling the sequential downloads without setting the delay to a lower value or 0 would still leave you with a lot of wait time between download-starts thus adding the 2nd setting made sense.
...soo to finally get what you want, this is what you will need to do:
1. Set 'Request limit for 'imagefap.com' in milliseconds' to a super low value or 0.
2. Disable 'Start downloads sequentially?'.
3. Restart JDownloader.

Screenshot of those new settings:

---

-psp-
EDIT

In my tests, I ran into the rate-limit almost immediately after downloading less than 20 items.
This is why I've added those "limitations" initially and this is why leaving them enabled by default still seems right to me.
I'm excited to see your test results soon.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 27.03.2023 at 23:57. Reason: Added summary of my tests
Old 05.04.2023, 17:25
Community Manager

CORE-Updates have been released!
All announced bugfixes and features are live!
Please update your JDownloader and report any issues you find asap.
If this thread gets marked as "[Solved]" by our forum staff you can still post in it and we will read- and reply to it!

CORE-Updates wurden released!
Alle angekündigten Bugfixes/Features sind nun verfügbar!
Bitte JDownloader updaten und eventuelle Bugs schnellstmöglich an uns melden.
Falls dieser Thread vom Team als "[Erledigt]" markiert wird, kannst du weiterhin darin antworten und wir lesen/beantworten auch solche Threads!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: