JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 15.05.2020, 23:21
JD Alpha

Default Google Drive cannot download with subfolders

I am having a particular issue here... I am trying to download from Google Drive, but my folders have plenty of files in subfolders, too.

Example:

Perene - #1 (main folder)

This folder has 2 .JPG files

Inside it also has two subfolders:

1) Perenes
2) Pereness

Inside 1) we also find two other files, and 2) has 10 files.

When I download this is the end result:

>>>>>>>> ALL FILES together, in a single folder, located in my C: (hard drive)

This is wrong behaviour. It should respect the original structure.

So it should save as:

Perene - #1 (main folder)
2 .JPG files

1) Perenes (subfolder)
MORE FILES...

2) Pereness (subfolder)
MORE FILES...

All of this in my C: hard drive.

How do I fix this bug?

Note: I am aware at the current moment GDrive is being fixed, but what I am reporting wasn't mentioned in the other thread.
Old 18.05.2020, 15:16
Community Manager

Hi,

the issue you are reporting should not happen - it is most likely caused by a wrong configuration but I'm unable to tell this without real example URLs.
See Settings --> Packagizer --> Make sure that "Adopt folder structure" is activated

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 18.05.2020, 17:13
JD Manager

In doubt, please provide example links so we can check/fix the plugin
Old 27.05.2020, 19:48
JD Alpha

OK, here's an example:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

This is what happens:

- JDownloader saves only the files, not the folders.

In this case it should have created the folders and put the files inside them.

As you can see the two TXT files were saved in a folder called "MEUS ARQUIVOS":

https://i.imgur.com/SK13JHd.png

Instead, JDW should have saved this way:

https://i.imgur.com/oDWHcZQ.png

And

https://i.imgur.com/3zWRDiX.png

Apparently something is either wrongly configured here OR I can only save respecting the folder structure if I use the GOOGLE DRIVE software for Windows. GD app for Windows follows all folder structures, but I need to insert my login credentials (for every account where the desired files are) in it.

The funny thing is that JDOWNLOADER shows in the preview the way I want, but once the files are saved they are all together.
Old 28.05.2020, 10:57
JD Manager

Your example link worked fine for me. Make sure to have Settings->Packagizer->"Adopt folder structure" rule enabled and at bottom position because rules are processed/applied from top to bottom
You should then see the folder strucutre in 'Save to' column
Please know that manual changes like merge/change folder...will prevent the folder structure support
Old 10.12.2020, 12:19
JD Alpha

Hey guys, this isn't working anymore.

Please try to download this and tell me if JDW is saving with folder names, because in here it's only downloading the files.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

You can clearly see this is a folder named BTTF 2, Sega, 1991... which has six MP3 tracks from the game, so JDW should save the files, OK, but first JDW should create a folder named:

BTTF 2, Sega, 1991

And it's not respecting that. Instead, JDW only gets the MP3.

This is very bad because if you have 10 different links with 10 different folder names, you are going to end up with all files from these folders clumped together.

Please tell me if this is a JDW limitation and if it's not, which settings I need to enable here, and what is the right way to do it.

I am not sure if I have changed anything to break this possibility ever since I opened this thread.

Then again, it could be JDW not working anymore for Google Drive.

Frankly, I am tired of having to use the Google Drive desktop app to do this job. If I scattered my files over 10 different accounts, then I need to do this tiresome login and config for all 10. While with JDW I only needed to add a few links.

Why couldn't you make JDW respect how the folders and their subfolders are organized?

Just look what the GD desktop app does. Perhaps you could do this with us inserting login/password data inside JDW settings. This would be a million times better than having to rely on the Google Drive app.

Important:
"Adopt folder structure" is enabled here.

Proof of that:

Last edited by Perene; 10.12.2020 at 12:23.
Old 10.12.2020, 13:40
Community Manager

Our plugin is working fine.

Did you add these URLs via "Add links" dialog?
Make sure to uncheck the "Information overwrites packagizer rules" checkbox in the bottom left corner of that mentioned dialog.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 11.12.2020, 13:05
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Our plugin is working fine.

Make sure to uncheck the "Information overwrites packagizer rules" checkbox in the bottom left corner of that mentioned dialog.

-psp-
Yes for the 1st comment:

About this:

I can't find this anywhere... I now changed language to english to make things easier. Still, I can't find what you said above anywhere:

Old 11.12.2020, 13:16
JD Manager

The checkbox is within the *Add Links* dialog in lower left corner
Old 11.12.2020, 20:12
JD Alpha

It worked now. There's just one problem:

This thing doesn't work at all:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...n-instructions

I was downloading when I received a 403 error telling me to try later. Plugin outdated if I insert the data from the plugin.

The method described in the above link to log into Google Drive is flawed, please check this if it works for you.
Old 14.12.2020, 13:57
JD Manager

Please provide a debug log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
Enable Settings->Advanced Settings->Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader, wait for error to happen and create log and post logID here
Old 16.12.2020, 16:12
Community Manager

I'm unable to reproduce this with my Google Test-Account ...

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 27.12.2020, 17:21
JD Alpha

Before I check what Jiaz has mentioned (was going to do, however I forgot due to solving some problems last weeks), I believe I discovered another bug with the downloading of Google Drive folders.

So if possible I want this to be checked first.

Here's the problem I discovered now:

If I inform this link to JDownloader, then only the first three folders will be downloaded. The 4th one, "scans do álbum de 2007" will be completely missed by JDW.

Here's proof of that:

I also noticed if there's any subfolder, JDW is also disregarding and not downloading it.

This is not the case here, as you can see. But it caught my attention, too.

Here's another link from which JDW cannot download a subfolder:

Did you notice subfolder "ART" is also missing from this picture:

Why's that?
Old 28.12.2020, 13:30
JD Manager

@Perene: working fine here.
You have filtered all images (see right side in quickfilter) and the missing folder only contains images
Old 30.01.2021, 20:01
JD Alpha

Another problem has happened with Google Drive.

These links are not blocked and can be downloaded by anyone that knows them.

They are the following:

As you can see this is a JDW bug/issue. I can easily donwload them using my browser or Internet Download Manager.
Old 01.02.2021, 15:57
Community Manager

Hi,

1. Your screenshot indicates that you/your IP was blocked by Google.
That is a completely different errormessage than the "quota reached" message you may sometimes get via browser.
Are you using a VPN/proxy in JD?
If so,c try again without.

2. Yes in such cases IDM may still work.
This is because IDM doesn't work 100% automated - basically you're doing the steps that JD tries to automate by hand and only send the final download-URL to IDM

3. I can download these files without any issues here.
Have you tried adding a drive.google.com account to JDownloader?
Does the download work fine then?

Your issue definitely differs from the other issues reported in this thread.

Please post your log-ID here | bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 01.02.2021, 20:23
JD Alpha

The downloads are working again and all using JDW.

This was probably a temporary restriction set in place by Google very likely due to I uploading too much data (or downloading before) from their servers. Then they blocked the download for this reason. It's the best explanation I can think of, since the problem can't be reproduced again now.

I have yet to add a free 15 GB Google Drive account into JDW internal settings. All my downloads were tried without inputting any credentials there.
Old 01.02.2021, 20:27
Community Manager

Well it was definitely a Google Restriction and nothing that JD could have worked around.
Maybe you were prompted to solve a captcha via browser which then raised that limit in browser?

Well anyways - you can post a log if it happens again but chances are small that we'll be able to help.
In general, I advise you to do the following to try to make google "like- and not hate you"
- Do not use a VPN
- If you download a lot of files from GDrive, add a google account to JD

If you download a lot from Google, you may run into even tighter limits though I really don't have an overview of those yet.

Thanks for your feedback.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote:
Old 21.02.2021, 01:42
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Well it was definitely a Google Restriction and nothing that JD could have worked around.
Maybe you were prompted to solve a captcha via browser which then raised that limit in browser?

Well anyways - you can post a log if it happens again but chances are small that we'll be able to help.
In general, I advise you to do the following to try to make google "like- and not hate you"
- Do not use a VPN
- If you download a lot of files from GDrive, add a google account to JD

If you download a lot from Google, you may run into even tighter limits though I really don't have an overview of those yet.

Thanks for your feedback.

-psp-
"Blocked by Google" has appeared to me over and over. This is indeed a bandwidth restriction that has been implemented recently by this server, which is now more restrict than ever. For example, after June 2021 if you don't logged in the last 2 years your data will be deleted. Inactivity period if something they never applied before.

I don't have any GD account configured in JDW. I often upload lots of data to GD free accounts and may download from time to time something from them.

This JDW warning is misleading. If you would permit me a suggestion, saying this was "blocked by Google" doesn't tell the whole story. Because we will not know if this file has been removed from public download or if something else is happening here.

In this case adding "try to download later" or something along those lines explains 100% what this is all about, because you only need to return hours later to continue downloading. Today I have added if I am not mistaken 20 links, and there was 4 GB remaining. Now there's only 2 GB left to be downloaded. But it took X hours for JDW to download more data, and then stop again.

This behavior from Google Drive was never seen before.

And oddly if I open the same links "blocked" in my PC browser and ask for IDM to download, it will not refuse to do that.

Can you please confirm if this isn't some problem with the plugin? Because, you know, before this "blocked by Google" thing was set in place we didn't need to be logged anywhere to download anything from them. I know that being logged helps and may even lift some restriction. What remains to be seen is if this is now mandatory.

I have seen, though, some links refusing to be downloaded from users, probably due to multiple IPs doing the download in that same day. In these cases it was only possible to download by returning later. However the "blocked by Google" mentioned here doesn't appear to be from the same scenario.

Correction: JDW has now informed the remaining time to continue downloading:

But after that it started counting again:

Very odd.

Last edited by Perene; 21.02.2021 at 01:55.
Old 22.02.2021, 15:44
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perene View Post
This JDW warning is misleading. If you would permit me a suggestion, saying this was "blocked by Google" doesn't tell the whole story. Because we will not know if this file has been removed from public download or if something else is happening here.
Sorry I won't change this!
The "block by google" message is based on a specific HTML code that google responds with.
This errorm-essage doesn't revear any file-related status at all.
All it says is "Google thinks you're a Bot - wait and try again later".

Quote:
Now there's only 2 GB left to be downloaded. But it took X hours for JDW to download more data, and then stop again.
Well alternatively you can also change your IP, restart JD and restart such downloads then they can be downloaded right away if you're lucky.

Quote:
And oddly if I open the same links "blocked" in my PC browser and ask for IDM to download, it will not refuse to do that.
Jd works totally different than IDM!
For IDM, basically you will do everything that JD automates by hand before and just send it to IDM.
You can do the same with JD.
If you want JD to work better woth Google, this is what you can do:
- If you were always trying to download without a google account via JD, add a Google Account to JD and try to download while this account is active
- If you've used a VPN before, try without
- Change your IP whenever this error happens
- If you've tried without VPN before, try with using a VPN -> But be aware that this can cause even more issues!

Quote:
Can you please confirm if this isn't some problem with the plugin? Because, you know, before this "blocked by Google" thing was set in place we didn't need to be logged anywhere to download anything from them.
I can confirm that this is not a plugin issue!
Also no one forces you to use a Google account for downloading but as said this can help.

Quote:
Correction: JDW has now informed the remaining time to continue downloading:
This is NOT the "remaining time until you can download again"!
The 5 minutes wait time for "Blicked by Google" is just a hardcoded value in our plugin - it could as well be 10 or 15 minutes.

Quote:
But after that it started counting again:
Yes if the error happens again after the X minutes waittime, X minutes will start again from the beginning -> Not a bug either!

To sum it up:
Google has certain limits in place.
Google does not want to reveal when/why these happen which is understandable because then users would also know how to easily get around them

If you find new information on these limits, you may let us know but for now I don't see anything we could improve on our side.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's true James
Quote: