JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 06.01.2017, 15:17
DigitALL

Default JDownloader and Chrome issue in MacOS Sierra

About 8-10 months ago I noticed that while browsing with Chrome (Safari works OK) suddenly when always opening a new tab, it was either blank white or black or white with black squares. Each time I had to close Chrome completely and start again, very annoying!

I have submitted the bug to Chrome many times and only after many months I got a reply back from them saying that it is not Chrome, perhaps other application that affects Chrome. They also told me that Chrome works within designated rules by the OS.

Only recently I found that the problem is from JDownloader!
EACH TIME after I start JDownloader 2 when opening a new tab in Chrome is blank and no matter where you try to browse, it stays blank. Also the other tabs already opened are not responding. If I close Jdownloader after few more seconds the browser works fine but sometimes I have to close the broswer and start over.

Please see the attached pictures with Jdownloader opened and then opening a new tab and after closing JDownloader, after few seconds with a tab refresh.
Attached Thumbnails
screenshot_17.jpg   screenshot_18.jpg  
Old 06.01.2017, 15:19
JD Manager

I already responded via e-mail What Mac OS Version do you use? What Hardware?
Please provide a screenshot of the about dialog of JDownloader.

JDownloader itself cannot cause this issue but it can trigger a bug in mac os/driver.
To me it looks like chrome tries to use opengl and initialization fails. Do you have a mac with 2 graphic cards inside?
Old 06.01.2017, 15:22
JD Manager

Check
github.com/photonstorm/phaser/issues/2813

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/pwoOKvS7-cg;context-place=topicsearchin/chrome/category$3ABeta|sort:relevance|spell:false

forums.macrumors.com/threads/anyone-been-getting-issues-with-google-chrome-on-sierra.2005368/

reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/54gijb/upgrade_to_sierra_made_chrome_show_black_blocks

Seems like one more MacOS Sierra issue.
Safari uses different blacklist than chrome. You should try to blacklist hardware as well.
Old 07.01.2017, 15:19
DigitALL

Thank you for the links! Following one of them by going into Chrome settings/Advanced, I have unchecked/disabled the "Use Hardware Acceleration" and so far JDownloader and Chrome work well together.

I have two MACs almost identical and only on one of them it shows the problem with Chrome.

So, obviously the problem is from Chrome and not from JD.
Thank you!
Old 09.01.2017, 13:50
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback!