JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.10.2021, 15:18
Mega Loader

Default High memory usage by JD2

Does having too many links in JD2 affect memory performance? I have about 165000 links in Download tab (most of them finished), and only about 108 links in LinkGrabber tab.

JD2 takes up a default of 850+MB of memory just on startup, and it goes up upto 1.2GB as time passes.

Are there any tips to be had to reduce JD2 memory usage? Ideally, I would be OK with it taking up max half a gig of memory (512MB).
Old 20.10.2021, 17:15
JD Manager

@lezboyd: YES, the amount of links is the NUMBER 1 impact on memory usage. Can you provide a screenshot of your about dialog of JDownloader, see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...tion-directory
It highly depends on what type of links those are as depending on site links require more/less memory.

Please also see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...vmoptions-file
You can modify vmoption file to allow larger heap memory to Java and thus more links are possible in JDownloader and better GUI experience you will have with many links.
Old 20.10.2021, 17:17
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezboyd View Post
have about 165000 links in Download tab
Ideally, I would be OK with it taking up max half a gig of memory (512MB).
I'm sorry but that won't be possible with that amount of links in list. There is no difference between unfinished/finished link as JDownloader still has to keep all the same information.

If you want you can send me one of your downloadListXXX.zip files from your cfg folder and I can analyse the memory usage and maybe be able to reduce the memory usage. Please upload the file , eg to mega, and send the link to support@jdownloader.org
I need the list because , as already explained, it highly depends on the links themselves.
Old 20.10.2021, 20:17
Mega Loader

The reason I have so many links in the downloads tab (most of them are completed/finished ones) is to guard against duplicates. If I clear the downloads tab of finished links, then in case I accidentally load something I have already downloaded, JD2 warns me of the same, and saves me the times and the bandwidth of redownloading it. Hence, I haven't cleared the downloads tab in over 3 years.

Most of them are imagetwist/imx.to/vipr.im/k2s/filefactory, etc links.

I suppose I will have to forego dupes-check in order to save on memory, and clear the finished links.

Thanks for the info.

Anyways, here is the screenshot of the About JDownloader.

https://imgur.com/gnvBmSx
Old 20.10.2021, 21:30
JD Manager

I understand the reason for keeping the links in list.For such history feature only very few information from original link would be required so memory usage could be reduced a lot, but due to very small team no real work has been done on the history feature.

It would really help me to optimize memory usage when you could upload your downloadListxxx.zip and send me the link to support@jdownloader.org
Creating my own testcases will not be the same as *real world* lists with mix of hosters and other differences (states, filenames...).