JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.02.2017, 17:16
JerryL

Default Can CRC errors be ignored if archive tests ok?

I sometimes see CRC errors with downloaded archives, but I find that if I remove the .part extension and run a test of the archive with WinRAR, there is no apparent problem with the archive. Since the archive is doing its own file by file CRC, can I therefore just ignore the CRC error reported by JDownloader?
Old 10.02.2017, 17:22
JD Manager

I guess you download via multihoster service? Please provide a logfile https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here

Multihoster services sometimes send you a different *version* of the file that you want to download. And when they don't send correct flag to inform JDownloader,then JDownloader compares downloaded file with original hashsum from original server and that of course will fail then. That's why it is important that the multihoster does properly signal the *different version*

In case you're downloading from original host and still getting a hash error, then the file is broken but still might be able to extract/video/listen. It highly depends where the file is damaged.
Old 10.02.2017, 17:25
JerryL

I'll make note of this and follow up when I see the problem again. But still, is there really a problem here if each file's CRC tests out ok? Why should I worry about it then?
Old 10.02.2017, 17:31
JD Manager

CRC errors can be caused by hardware/driver failure and dying disks. So in general yes, you should not take easy on them. With a logfile I check if its the case with multihoster or different.
CRC errors can cause extraction to fail or in worst case you not being able to open/playback a file.

So do you download from original hoster or use a multihoster service?
Old 10.02.2017, 17:39
JerryL

Downloads are always through some file serving site. When you refer to "multihoster", I assume you mean sites like embedupload, which provide links from multiple file serving sites through a single URL. In any case, I'll have to restart the debugging when it happens again and repeat it.

But again, if every file in the RAR or ZIP archive ultimately tests out ok (and thus extracts ok) with respect to its individual CRC, then how could there really be a problem that I should worry about? Are you saying there could still be corruption in any of the files?
Old 10.02.2017, 18:17
JD Manager

Original Hoster: for example share-online,rapidgator,uploaded
Multihoster: alldrebrid, real-debrid, smoozed,premiumize....

When downloading a file via multihoster that serves *different version* of the file, then crc check will fail because the file might be different than then one from original hoster.
You can easily add extra bytes at the end of a RAR/ZIP without breaking the file but it will change hash/filesize of the file. That's why the original hashsum of the file no longer matches and JDownloader shows error.

That's why I'm asking if you are using a multihoster or not.
Old 11.02.2017, 17:10
JerryL

I have a fresh working example of the problem with a URL at turbobit - not a multihoster. I'll send the URL via email. Every time I download it with JDownloader, I get the CRC error at the end. But if I remove the .part extension, and run a test of the archive with WinRaR, all the contents test out ok. Problem occurs whether I download it to an externally attached drive or to an internal drive. Problem does NOT occur if I download from the site directly with Chrome. In all cases, I do the download while logged in with a premium account. Other links from turbobit download without the error.

Here's the LOG ID: 11.02.17 08.36.38 <--> 11.02.17 10.18.45 jdlog://4196279150841/

The file name (before rename) is 10324TLE17flac.rar

Last edited by JerryL; 11.02.2017 at 17:28.
Old 13.02.2017, 20:01
JD Manager

Thanks will check/answer by tomorrow morning
Old 13.02.2017, 20:13
JD Manager

Please set max connections to 1 and try again.
I can see that you are using multiple connections (>1) and the md5 doesn't match
MD5 is 013edf22934320ee998ebb7d129a2e86
but should be b9bbe422ed7f39755ab7daf8ae3fc7b2 (correct for me)