JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.06.2022, 04:12
Baby Loader

Exclamation JDownload 2 crash immediately when opening links

Hi guys, I am trying to download using the .dlc and the Click 'n load option but both immediately crashes on startup. Idk if its because its like 60 files at once or what. My settings are 3 max downloads and I also updated to latest java.

I will post the log i uploaded on gdrive since the .txt is too big to upload through attachments.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by Rithic; 01.07.2022 at 23:01.
Old 30.06.2022, 09:55
JD Manager

@Rithic: Thanks for the report. unfortunate the crash happened oursite JDownloader in Java,
Quote:
# Problematic frame:
# C [awt.dll+0xd1119]
It looks like the crash happened while Java was asking the OS for a filetype icon
Quote:
Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getIconBits(J)[I+0 java.desktop@17.0.2
j sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.makeIcon(J)Ljava/awt/Image;+15 java.desktop@17.0.2
I found similiar bugreport at java
Quote:
Apparently the format of the image returned by Windows is not completely supported.
This occured after a recent Windows Update. Occurs when navigating in folders containing DLLs or executable files (possible new security restriction in Windows).
My guess is that the dlc contains a file with a filetype extension that causes this crash. can you send the dlc to support@jdownloader.org
so I can check the extensions and then I can tell you, so we could try to create dummy images to avoid asking the OS.
Old 30.06.2022, 18:36
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
My guess is that the dlc contains a file with a filetype extension that causes this crash. can you send the dlc to support@jdownloader.org
so I can check the extensions and then I can tell you, so we could try to create dummy images to avoid asking the OS.
I have send the email now. Ty
Old 30.06.2022, 19:13
JD Manager

@Rithic: can you please check if you can reproduce the crash when you add any file and then rename it to .rar ?
Old 30.06.2022, 22:02
Baby Loader

Quote:
@Rithic: can you please check if you can reproduce the crash when you add any file and then rename it to .rar ?
How do you mean? do you want me to change that .dlc to .rar?
Old 01.07.2022, 10:07
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithic View Post
How do you mean? do you want me to change that .dlc to .rar?
I mean, just add any file, eg speed.hetzner.de one from there and then rename it within JDownloader to have .rar file extension, eg select the file, hit F2 (rename) and then add .rar fileextension and check it that crashes java or not.
Old 01.07.2022, 18:22
Baby Loader

Quote:
I mean, just add any file, eg speed.hetzner.de one from there and then rename it within JDownloader to have .rar file extension, eg select the file, hit F2 (rename) and then add .rar fileextension and check it that crashes java or not.
Ok not sure if i did this right, but I tried adding .rar to the end ,and it crash immediately again. jdtest.PNG
Old 01.07.2022, 19:19
JD Manager

@Rithic: Thanks! That's a sign that you have set an incompatible/very strange filetype icon in windows. Possible solutions
1.) Use 7Zip/Winrar and re-assign the application with .rar extension and assign icon
2.) in your JDownloader/temp/images folder you should find images for filetypes, you can just copy/paste and rename to rar.png, then JDownloader doesn't have to ask OS for fileicon

What application have you set for rar files? can you tell name and show screenshot of .rar files in your file explorer of windows
Old 01.07.2022, 19:33
Baby Loader

Quote:
@Rithic: Thanks! That's a sign that you have set an incompatible/very strange filetype icon in windows. Possible solutions
1.) Use 7Zip/Winrar and re-assign the application with .rar extension and assign icon
2.) in your JDownloader/temp/images folder you should find images for filetypes, you can just copy/paste and rename to rar.png, then JDownloader doesn't have to ask OS for fileicon

What application have you set for rar files? can you tell name and show screenshot of .rar files in your file explorer of windows
Ok so here are 2 screenshots of the some rar files in my downloads folder.
Also there are no files in the /temp/images folder. winrar.PNG temp folder.PNG
Old 01.07.2022, 19:41
JD Manager

copy themes\standard\org\jdownloader\images\rar.pnp into that folder and check again
Old 01.07.2022, 21:10
Baby Loader

Quote:
copy themes\standard\org\jdownloader\images\rar.pnp into that folder and check again
It is still crashing even after copying that rar.png to the temp folder.
Old 01.07.2022, 21:20
JD Manager

@Rithic: If you want we can take a look via teamviewer? send me mail to jiaz@jdownloader.org with ID and PW in next 5-10 mins or let's schedule a session next week?
You can contact us for Teamviewer by support@jdownloader.org next week.
Also you should check if 64bit version crashes with same error, https://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

Last edited by Jiaz; 01.07.2022 at 21:36.
Old 01.07.2022, 21:53
Baby Loader

Quote:
@Rithic: If you want we can take a look via teamviewer? send me mail to jiaz@jdownloader.org with ID and PW in next 5-10 mins or let's schedule a session next week?
You can contact us for Teamviewer by support@jdownloader.org next week.
Also you should check if 64bit version crashes with same error, **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Woah ok, i tried x64 version and finally no crash! I tried the .dlc file too and it picked up the links without crashing. This may have been it! Thank you so so much for the help
Old 02.07.2022, 20:26
JD Manager

@Rithic: Thanks for the feedback! Glad it *somehow* fixed the issue for you