JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.05.2015, 00:29
phil_ga

Default Uploadable ping-pong

JD2beta has worked well here for years. Now I have an account at uploadable and those files consistently (over a month) download very slowly and at erratic speeds. Typically 0.05 to 0.2 Mb/sec each. At the same time other file hosters are above 1 Mb/s for each file. Of course uploadable said its JD2's problem not them. They suggest IDM instead and do not recommend JD2. I tested that today and get 1.4 Mb/s speeds for each file with IDM at the same time as 0.1 with JD2. Impressive 10 fold improvement from the same PC and connection - close to my connections speed limit for international traffic!
Of course, now they say its JD2 not them thats the choke point for my location (Australia). I cant go back to them till I get feedback on this issue from you please. Is JD2 plugin choked, or is the bottleneck them somehow?

25.05.15 18.32.15to27.05.15 07.22.26 jdlog://6614119980341/
Old 27.05.2015, 05:22
English Supporter

Plugin only provides support to download, Assuming we are getting the correct downloadlink and not some free link in which they rate limit it should be working fine from our side.
download speed directly related by
- hoster
-- free or premium type links
-- not giving client speed, due to too many users, or rate limiting on there side
- ISP rate limiting (though this should behave in the same manner)
- security software causing slow downloads, security software updates and creates issues even though JD has magically worked previously and you've changed nothing...

when testing IDM and JD be aware that JD by default does not download with chunks where as IDM will use up to 32 chunks (our max is 20). ensure when you do these these that you are using the same chunk value!

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 27.05.2015, 07:42
phil_ga

Thanks for these ideas.
My download links are correct, AFIK there are not separate ones for free links vs premium. I run the same sets of links in JD and IDM almost in parallel - run one app, switch to the other, switch back. So its not that.
Cant be ISP rate limiting, unless ONLY targeting this domain. Speed fluctuates 10 fold over time, from 0.1 to 1 Ms/s, suggesting its not ISP limiting. Again, within seconds of running each program multiple times, the speeds are consistent for that time of day - JD2 slow, IDM faster (typically 10 fold).
I turned of AVAST AV and tested with the same speed results, with it on/off.
I changed chunks from 1, 4, 8 and 20. Speed does not change from 4 up. I cant find how to change chunks in IDM to reduce to 20.

.so there is still a bottleneck using JD2. Any other ideas I can try?
Old 27.05.2015, 10:17
JD Manager

JD2 has no bottleneck. It's very lickely different settings. Eg in JD2 you have to reset/restart a Link when you want to change the chunks.
we can offer help via teamviewer if you want. Just contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 27.05.2015, 11:04
phil_ga

Thanks Jiaz. I had always reset each link before changing chunks. I just checked again, there is no perceptible impact of chunk number at all on uploadable files for me.
Thanks for the teamviewer option! I will take up that offer in the next few days if I can. Very generous indeed.
Old 27.05.2015, 11:06
JD Manager

No problem, I just want to help and show its something else causing this (and not JDownloader). Just contact me via support@jdownloader.org then we can check this together.
Old 06.08.2015, 05:53
English Supporter

I teamviewed with user, solving nitroflare issue.
issue is plugin setting enforces chunks to 1.
user didn't disable that default setting.

hopefully settings like that in the new download core are not needed.

raztoki

Old 06.08.2015, 14:37
nowdtw

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_ga View Post
JD2beta has worked well here for years. Now I have an account at uploadable and those files consistently (over a month) download very slowly and at erratic speeds. Typically 0.05 to 0.2 Mb/sec each. At the same time other file hosters are above 1 Mb/s for each file. Of course uploadable said its JD2's problem not them. They suggest IDM instead and do not recommend JD2. I tested that today and get 1.4 Mb/s speeds for each file with IDM at the same time as 0.1 with JD2. Impressive 10 fold improvement from the same PC and connection - close to my connections speed limit for international traffic!
Of course, now they say its JD2 not them thats the choke point for my location (Australia). I cant go back to them till I get feedback on this issue from you please. Is JD2 plugin choked, or is the bottleneck them somehow?

25.05.15 18.32.15to27.05.15 07.22.26 jdlog://6614119980341/
For you,

Old 06.08.2015, 15:17
English Supporter

Already explained what was the problem. As I teamviewed (as stated in my previous response) with him this morning its already Fixed!. I left a message in this thread so that others will know.

Old 18.08.2015, 18:11
Vacuum Cleaner

I have a problem with uploadable since today. I have a subscription, valid. Account data have been added to J2M and everything seems correct. However, J2M works as if I have no premium account and ask for capcha.

Here is the log id:

18.08.15 17.05.17to17.08.15 17.12.08 jdlog://6123614739341/
Old 19.08.2015, 03:24
English Supporter

@rver01
all your downloads are suffering from socket connection resets.

[] -> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

doesn't matter the host, I saw for zippyshare, uptobox, and uploadable

Most likely caused by your antivirus/firewall software.

so please check
Microsoft Defender
McAfee products.