JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 31.05.2017, 13:31
Baby Loader

Default MyJdownloader unable to rename server

Hey,
i've been using jdownloader headless for a while on my raspberry pi 2 running arch linux.
I just switched over my server to another machine and installed jdownloader headless there too (arch x64).
When i try to rename my machine on myjdownloader.org (under settings -> advanced settings -> "MyJDownloaderSettings: Device Name") the setup name just get ignored.
The device still gets called JDownloader@jdownloader.
I then tried to rename my old server which also just ignores everything i enter in the advanced settings.

I can see my new device name in /opt/JDownloader/cfg/org.jdownloader.api.myjdownloader.MyJDownloaderSettings.json -> devicename
but this setting seems to be ignored. Do you have any idea what could be the problem? I can provide logs if you want.

I tried restarting the service, the device, reloading the brwoser page, closing the browser,... nothing did help here.

One thing i noticed when i tried to verify my last try (setting the name of the old server): the name setup in the webinterface of the machine (new) differs from the on in the config file (old) above.

I have no idea how to go forward. I can provide ssh access if needed.

Greetings
Chris
Old 31.05.2017, 20:34
Community Manager

Our myjd dev might answer your request within this week - please be patient

GreeZ psp
JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 01.06.2017, 00:29
Baby Loader

Sure. Since this is only a cosmetically thing this is super low priority, take your time.

Greetings
Chris
Old 01.06.2017, 10:13
JD Manager

First of all make sure your permissions are okay
sudo chown -R user:group /opt/JDownloader
replace user/group with correct values

Then login at https://my.jdownloader.org and rename MyJDownloaderSettings.devicename
in Settings- Advanced Settings and then restart JDownloader via Webinterface. Once you go back to your dashboard the new name should appear.

Please contact us via support@jdownloader.org in case this still doesn't work
Old 02.06.2017, 08:59
Junior Loader

Hi, i have same problem with three different server.
One is fresh new installed so i thinked it was a problem of it, but i tested other two, that i already changed their names, and now it won't work.

I verify that the new name is changed (and mantained) in configuration, but it won't show in my.jdownloader.org (neither in chrome extension).

I only have verified that name changed after an update, i will explain because i have reproduced this "bug/anomaly":

(this applies to all of my machines, even to server that worked 'till weeks ago)
I change device name in advanced settings and save. Restart jdownloader, same name was showed. Restart server, same name was showed. Without making any other changes, after some days jdownloader notify me for an update, i did it and new name now is finally showed, but if i try again to change it always show old name. So i view that only an update will unblock this "bug/anomaly" and finally change the device name.

I hope my post will be useful to other, and obliouvsly to developer to solve this bug.
Old 02.06.2017, 16:01
JD Manager

An update got released yesterday. Now a name change will be applied on restart (JDownloader) or reconnect(of MyJDownloader)
So when you change device name, just restart your JDownloader then.