JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 29.04.2020, 17:58
Giga Loader

Default [EventScripter] Disable/ByPass Mirror Detection to allow multiple downloads

Prior to the current release I was able to do the following:

Previous:
Copy a bunch of links from different hosts with same filename add download all of them. (Basically to see which download was the fastest and disable the slowest ones.)

Now:
You are able to do the same until you try to download all of them. Then a message on the status comes up that says Mirror *hostname* is loading.

Request:
how do i get back to the previous functionality where i can allow the other downloads from different hosts start also.
Old 29.04.2020, 18:18
JD Manager

Simplest solution would be to rename the files.
If the files have same filename, it depends on your Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.mirrordetectiondecision. Change to use more than Filename only
There have been no changes here

Last edited by Jiaz; 29.04.2020 at 18:24.
Old 29.04.2020, 18:30
English Supporter

hmm Im a little confused with what you stated...

bunch of links from different host but the same file would require 'if file exist rule = rename' to allow multiple downloads of the same file AND what change of what jiaz stated?.

How did you start these? force start?

did you happen reinstall fresh? because default settings never have allowed this.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 29.04.2020, 18:48
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Simplest solution would be to rename the files.
If the files have same filename, it depends on your Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.mirrordetectiondecision. Change to use more than Filename only
There have been no changes here
Did this an the behavior is the same as described originally.
Old 29.04.2020, 18:55
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
hmm Im a little confused with what you stated...

bunch of links from different host but the same file would require 'if file exist rule = rename' to allow multiple downloads of the same file AND what change of what jiaz stated?.

did you happen reinstall fresh? because default settings never have allowed this.
thanks for the response.

- I allow LinkGrabber to grab the links from the clipboard
- select all the links that i want to start downloading and select "Start Downloads"

No fresh reinstall. it just forced updated the jdownloader upon start. Also, I can assure this before was true prior to this list update as I have another computer that also could replicate the previous functionality.

what do you suggest?
Old 29.04.2020, 19:00
English Supporter

Strange.
updates do no change your settings typically, so it shouldn't influence this. Only time it would if a setting gets removed/renamed (for new default for instance).

Im not sure what to recommend, see what Jiaz has to say

Old 29.04.2020, 19:01
Community Manager

What did you change?
As said, our updates did not change this behavior.
Please go to Settings --> Advanced Settings:
mirrordetectiondecision --> FILENAME_FILESIZE
cleanupafterdownloadaction --> NEVER (= default setting)

Then also change Settings --> General --> If the file already exists --> Auto rename

This way your mirrors should not get recognized as mirrors anymore and you should be able to just download all at the same time.
EDIT
... if this is what you wanted and if I understoof your first post correctly ...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 29.04.2020, 19:33
Giga Loader

thank you for the reponse! Yes you did understand the first post correctly.

I reinstalled and set the settings as stated but the results is the same.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
mirror setting

renaming setting

hosts

downloading
Old 29.04.2020, 20:13
Giga Loader

I have also created a video of the steps and also the suggestions from the thread but the issue is still the same.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**View THE VIDEO OF THIS ISSUE

let me know if this helps to illustrate the issue.

Last edited by snuffleupagus; 29.04.2020 at 20:17.
Old 30.04.2020, 10:42
Community Manager

Hm your issue is still that JD will detect these files as the same files.
Also you did not show your "rename" setting.
Basically you want to do something that JD is not designed to do:
Ignore mirrors and download them anyways.
Things you could try:
  1. Try to set mirrordetectiondecision to "SAFE" and see if that helps.
    or
  2. Make sure all of these files are in different packages --> You will definitly NOT have the "Mirror" issue then.
    or
  3. Rename some of these files --> Then you can put them into the same package and will not have the mirror issue either.
    or
  4. Use en EventScripter script to randomly rename these files BEFORE the download --> This will solve your issue too.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 30.04.2020 at 11:33.
Old 30.04.2020, 11:32
JD Manager

As pspzockerscene already explained, JDownloader is not designed to download the same file multiple time and there is no way to disable this, except suggested 2, 3 or 4. There is no way to disable MirrorHandling.
Old 30.04.2020, 19:34
Giga Loader

Thanks for the suggestions 2,3 and 4 resolved the issue.
Old 30.04.2020, 19:35
JD Manager

You're welcome! May I ask why you want to download all 3 of them?
Old 30.04.2020, 19:42
Giga Loader

Quote:
You're welcome! May I ask why you want to download all 3 of them?
No problem, I can share. As I shared above. The idea is to download all of them and see which host is the fastest and stop downloading from the slower ones. So I can reduce the download time and maximize the download speed.
Old 30.04.2020, 19:45
JD Manager

that will only work if your connection speed is higher than the 3 download speeds combined else they will *fight* each other over bandwidth thanks for sharing the reason!
Old 30.04.2020, 19:51
Giga Loader

Yeah typically the connection is much higher than the download speed combined. Usually the bottle neck is a the host that I come across. There is always a clear winner when I do this which helps me to get the download faster.

You're welcome!
Old 02.05.2020, 18:34
Giga Loader

Sorry to kinda reopen this issue. Since I've been working with the suggested way. But still missing how Jdownloader worked prior to the update(s).

since workaround #2 - is not under my control. #3 is doable but it's an additional setup. #4 is something that requires a script to be managed which can essentially break whenever.

Desired:
- all mirror links downloads without user intervention without saying "Mirror *hostname* is loading."

Because I'm almost certain that it was behaving differently (as desired) before these updates.

questions if you don't mind me asking:
- other than manually renaming the mirrored downloads. Is there a way to automatically do this? So at least the desired behavior returns?

I was looking at the renaming option but nothing supported the original functionality.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 02.05.2020, 19:50
English Supporter

updates have not caused this to our knowledge, as in no changes to the core have been made for mirror handling in a long time. So once again its not the caused by updating your client directly, maybe indirectly? Either you changed something in your settings, or maybe your Antivirus software removed cfg file(s) and another was created to replace it with default values. maybe config corruption ? though we have not experienced this ourselves or heard of users experiencing this in numbers. We get some reports though no proof of cause is identified within JD. Usually caused by external factors, like security software interference.

Core updates happen with JD not running, restart client required for them to finish install process and execute a new start of application to utilise. This process prevents prevents most issues with read/write locks. The only time it typically can't is when security software is playing big brother.

Do you have any backups? if so you can revert, or even compare cfg values to see what changed.

When adding new functions to application (and/or in addition to existing) we do not change default setting. The only time we do change a default setting is obviously contains the incorrect value. A introduction of a new function will just be an additional option which user can opt to use.

without changing of settings and desired behaviour I still do not understand how you could start downloading the same mirror multiple times without having different filenames. You physically can not save to the same filename within JD with many links. The only time you can is if they are all in different packages (can be the same name) with different save paths (unique path from the others)!

raztoki

Old 02.05.2020, 21:26
JD Manager

Most likely the mirros were not length identical. Default MirrorHandling only kicks in with same filename and length. So it can be different filename (eg spaces and _ and -, many hosters treat special chars differently) or small differences in length.
Your video shows that at first they have different unsafe length and therefore start to download. then on actual download, the final/safe length is known and then the others are marked as mirrors. there have been no changes to MirrorHandling/DownloadWatchDog stuff.
It's not possible to download to the same file at the same time. so filename must have been different for this to work, else auto rename would have kicked in.
Old 03.05.2020, 03:57
Giga Loader

thank you for the response. it is greatly appreciate this community is pretty helpful and understanding.

So I'm 100% certain this worked previously not sure what has changed. I've checked with another person who also noted this change and recalled that it worked with all mirrors downloading concurrently.

Quote:
Do you have any backups? if so you can revert, or even compare cfg values to see what changed.
We did revert back to the last backup where it worked but could not reproduce the desired feature. So nothing changed on the systems and antivirus is not the issue. Which leads me to believe that there is something external or something else.

Quote:
I still do not understand how you could start downloading the same mirror multiple times without having different filenames.
On the macOS if you download the same files in the same directory it automatically adds -# to the file. ex <filename>-1.rar <filename>-2.rar etc. Perhaps that's why?

I'm unclear why you would not allow multiple downloads of the same file if they are collected in the same "packages". This should be at the discretion of the user I'd think. perhaps just my workflow. But I feel that my workflow leverages jdownloader more effectively. in my opinion.

Question
- is there a way to disable mirror detection? Since I'd prefer to manually control it if it returns the functionality I desire.
- is there some automated means to rename the same files so the mirrors can be downloaded concurrently?

Last edited by snuffleupagus; 03.05.2020 at 04:02.
Old 03.05.2020, 04:02
Giga Loader

Quote:
It's not possible to download to the same file at the same time. so filename must have been different for this to work, else auto rename would have kicked in.
I can't be 100% sure. I just recall that the file name had an [+] next to it and i was able to download the multiple downloads..
Old 03.05.2020, 04:19
English Supporter

JD does checks on disk for filename, if file exists on disk rule will auto rename with numbering format (prompts user on ASK, or auto rename with RENAME). Interesting feature of MacOSX, never knew of that. We do not rely on OS specific functions for this, have to remember that JD is multios program and needs the same functionality throughout. On the revert did you compare the cfgs for differences at all? or just test with download testing instead?

Old 03.05.2020, 04:26
Giga Loader

i didn't check the cfgs. Just did about "Jdownloader" and it stated the build was from april 6th 2020. Then just tested with the downloading testing again. The result was the same as the current version of Jdownloader.
Old 04.05.2020, 13:01
Community Manager

@snuffleupagus

As said and again to sum it up:
1. This is not any kind of JDownloader issue/bug - our software works just as intended.
2. You were probably just "lucky" that it worked for you the way it did - as explained by Jiaz your files probably had slightly different filesizes and/or filenames.

Now I still want to help you ...
So apart from the other "solutions" I've posted there are two more ways you could make JD not detect the same files:
1. Force JD to add them to different packages (which then maybe also have different download destinations but that should not matter).

2. Force JD to randomly rename the files before download e.g. add a random number to the end of the filenames.

Both of these ideas can be accomplished only by creating an EventScripter script.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.05.2020, 22:35
Giga Loader

thanks for the information. It's greatly appreciated. Not trying to be difficult just trying to understand what is the less effort process to leverage the desired feature.

I take it there is no way to disable mirror detection?

If you could perhaps help me understand. I was wondering what the benefit would be to have mirror detection? Not to download the same packages. If so couldn't the discretion be left on the user? And if not then can this feature be disabled.

Issue with 1 - I really like how JD puts all the similar files in one package. Not to mention if you have multiple links for multiple downloads this could be an organizational struggle.

Issue with 2 - Problem with this if there are segmented files then reassembling the expected filename could be a struggle.

EventScripter - as shared it would result in being the maintainer of the script which every release could potentially break.
Old 05.05.2020, 12:48
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffleupagus View Post
thanks for the information. It's greatly appreciated. Not trying to be difficult just trying to understand what is the less effort process to leverage the desired feature.
No problem.

Quote:
I take it there is no way to disable mirror detection?
No it can't. You are also the first user ever asking for this if I remember correctly.
... and even if you don't try to be rude, you are just trying to push a feature that only you want to have and try to make us implement this as fast as possible ...

Quote:
[...]
Issue with 2 - Problem with this if there are segmented files then reassembling the expected filename could be a struggle.
You mean issues due to renaming?
Well you could easily make the script only rename non-part files or rename them to test downloadspeed, then rename them back.

Quote:
EventScripter - as shared it would result in being the maintainer of the script which every release could potentially break.
No idea what you mean.
Just look at the linked thread.
It contains a lot of scripts - no one ever HAS to maintain anything there - it's just open for everyone.

Your case is a special special case that is why I recommend you to realize this via EventScripter.
Also, because our EventScripter is made just for that: Users can add features which we do not officially provide as it allows you to interface with nearly everything JD is doing.
You should at least go into that thread and ask for similar scripts so maybe you just need to combine 2 or 3 to get it working.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 05.05.2020 at 13:07. Reason: interfere --> interface --> thx raztoki
Old 05.05.2020, 18:29
JD Manager

Quote:
If you could perhaps help me understand. I was wondering what the benefit would be to have mirror detection? Not to download the same packages. If so couldn't the discretion be left on the user? And if not then can this feature be disabled.
For example you have one file on 4 mirrors, but you have only 1 premium account, so you want JDownloader to choose the *best* mirror that have premium benefits and not the slow/captcha/free one. Or maybe you have a Multihoster service in use that currently fails to support Hoster X but luckily JDownloader found Hoster Y as mirror which is supported, so yeah, good speed again.
Or Hoster X went offline and then JDownloader will automatically switch to Hoster Y.
Or you want to continue (not yet implemented) unfished download from Hoster X with Hoster Y.
Just my first thoughts on this

Of course I could add support for MirrorDetection.DISABLED but question is, is this really necessary?

Last edited by Jiaz; 05.05.2020 at 18:31.
Old 06.05.2020, 10:26
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
No it can't. You are also the first user ever asking for this if I remember correctly.
... and even if you don't try to be rude, you are just trying to push a feature that only you want to have and try to make us implement this as fast as possible ...
-psp-
Honestly, its a desired feature but I understand there are a lot of features ahead of my desired feature and I'm quite grateful on the involvement at this level to talk to the key staff of the software. Greatly appreciated.

I'm honestly trying to understand just maybe there is another way of doing the desired feature of allowing multiple files to download from mirrored hosts without stopping the mirror downloads.

Quote:
You mean issues due to renaming?
Well you could easily make the script only rename non-part files or rename them to test downloadspeed, then rename them back.
Honestly, that seems like a great deal of coding for me to do so i'm trying to use the built in features as much as possible but thank you for the suggestion. If an option to disable mirror detection could be include that would I think address this issue.
Old 06.05.2020, 10:34
Giga Loader

Quote:
For example you have one file on 4 mirrors, but you have only 1 premium account, so you want JDownloader to choose the *best* mirror that have premium benefits and not the slow/captcha/free one. Or maybe you have a Multihoster service in use that currently fails to support Hoster X but luckily JDownloader found Hoster Y as mirror which is supported, so yeah, good speed again.
Or Hoster X went offline and then JDownloader will automatically switch to Hoster Y.
Or you want to continue (not yet implemented) unfished download from Hoster X with Hoster Y.
Just my first thoughts on this

Of course I could add support for MirrorDetection.DISABLED but question is, is this really necessary?
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'd like to respectfully point out at times the hosts that are being used do not have a premium account associated with it. In real world experience I have found that not all hosts have equal bandwidth allocated for each download. Also, depending on the time of day some hosts are faster than others and some of the same files on the same hosts download faster than others.

Also, currently I have found that jdownloader starts downloading from the first host that connects for a download stream then puts the other hosts as Mirror *hostname* is loading. There isn't a check for optimal performance download and honestly jdownloader shouldn't need to do that level of effort.

So both of those scenarios lead me as the user to have the ability to disable mirror detection and return the control to the user so they can make a judgement on which download to complete would be the best use case request for your consideration.
Old 06.05.2020, 11:45
English Supporter

There are checks for performance but at this stage its not orientated around direct download speed. JD does prefer premium account over mh/free acccount/free, mh over free account/free, free account over free. There are also evaluation checks for non captcha hosts over captcha hosts, This is dependant on plugin setting and in memory db if plugin is incorrect. Speed would be useful, and I've thought about it and even talked about it with some of the other programmers. It does have some complications like multi downloads consuming bandwidth not on a equal bases (so the accuracy wouldn't be precise).
Conclusions about this for memory: users generally know which hosts they want to download from, they add those links over others, or even if they add multi for mirrors they might have premium accounts for those specific hosts (as they provide the best service (no captchas/improved speed)). Theres also existing features within JD which users could and should leverage, for example priority handling, you can set package customiser rules for your preferred hosts. This works well for premium and free type of users, though to a lesser extent mh users (but this is where account useage rules can come into play.) You can also control dls with domain rules (eg. specific values for max dl for given host).

Having read your related threads and posts on this issue, to me your using JD outside of the design. Not just from the perspective of micromanaging which host is the fastest to download from yourself. Even with all mirrors downloading you would then need to manually stop all but one download yourself and have to be around todo that task, for this function to work in a design that would suit our user base, this would also need to be automated by the program itself (either internally or via event scripter script)

I don't believe its in our best interest to add such a feature, a lot of work for a very small userbase. I'd say it be down to a handful of users that would ever use such a function. As most premium users know which hosts they want to download from for the reasons I previously stated. And free users tend to not want to answer multiple captchas just to stop downloads and then be prevented from downloading again until x wait time because you just wasted your download slot.

Old 07.05.2020, 10:09
Giga Loader

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to responds and educate this relatively novice user of JD. I greatly appreciate the effort and time.

Quote:
..users generally know which hosts they want to download from, they add those links over others, or even if they add multi for mirrors they might have premium accounts for those specific hosts (as they provide the best service (no captchas/improved speed)).
Yes agreed but there can be a scenario where desired hosts are slower for some downloads than others. I've come across this frequently enough to notice it.

Quote:
Theres also existing features within JD which users could and should leverage, for example priority handling, you can set package customiser rules for your preferred hosts. This works well for premium and free type of users, though to a lesser extent mh users (but this is where account useage rules can come into play.) You can also control dls with domain rules (eg. specific values for max dl for given host).
This level of customization although appreciated seems great for those users that need that granularity however mirror detection should be optional at the user's discretion.

Quote:
Having read your related threads and posts on this issue, to me your using JD outside of the design. Not just from the perspective of micromanaging which host is the fastest to download from yourself.
Honestly as shared it would be great if JD could manage to enable the fast download so it wouldn't require user intervention but I agree the complexity of the implementation would not yield absolute results and i'm not advocating the development cycles to develop this at all.

Quote:
Even with all mirrors downloading you would then need to manually stop all but one download yourself and have to be around todo that task, for this function to work in a design that would suit our user base, this would also need to be automated by the program itself (either internally or via event scripter script)
Actually as a user I wouldn't mind doing that level of micromanagement since the time commitment is up to 10 seconds (or upto a minute) to stop the other downloads. Since the speed result shows up relatively quickly.

Quote:
I don't believe its in our best interest to add such a feature, a lot of work for a very small userbase. I'd say it be down to a handful of users that would ever use such a function.
having no visibility to the codebase specifically. Not sure having the ability to disable mirror detection would require a great deal of effort. It would should just bypass the function where mirror detection is checked. Unless I'm mistaken.

Quote:
As most premium users know which hosts they want to download from for the reasons I previously stated. And free users tend to not want to answer multiple captchas just to stop downloads and then be prevented from downloading again until x wait time because you just wasted your download slot.
I think use case isn't related to "premium users" or accounts. That use case I agree works with the current state of JD.

The hosts that are in question do not have "until x wait time" or time deferment. They start downloads and multiple downloads concurrently with no user/captchas intervention thanks to JD built-in functionality. Which makes JD such a powerful tool.

The only hinderance the mirror detection for these scenarios where an optional mirror detection functionality would yield the desired results. Giving both userbase bases (premium .. free users) the option to utilize JD for their use cases. So I respectfully request mirror detection disabling.
Old 07.05.2020, 10:21
Community Manager

Sorry to not directly respond though Raztoki already has and I have the same opinion.

Again:
We have the EventScripter.
This is basically designed so you can do stuff that JD cannot by default.
There isn't really much more to say about that.
If your answer is: "I'am unable to code" --> Okay but then you can still go into that linked topic and ask for mgpai (a helpful user there) to help you - what is the problem with doing that?

-psp-
EDIT

I went ahead and asked for you.
EDIT2

Quote:
The only hinderance the mirror detection for these scenarios where an optional mirror detection functionality would yield the desired results. Giving both userbase bases (premium .. free users) the option to utilize JD for their use cases. So I respectfully request mirror detection disabling.
You are still the first user asking for this in 10+ years - at least from what I know ...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 07.05.2020 at 10:33.
Old 11.05.2020, 20:44
Giga Loader

Ok thanks for all the input and thanks again in providing the existing solutions. Greatly appreciate all the help.

Thank you for starting the thread.

Quote:
You are still the first user asking for this in 10+ years - at least from what I know
Thanks. Someone always has to be the first I feel. I'm glad to be the first.

I guess my use case maybe unique for the user base but I personally feel it's warranted to give the functionality of disabling mirror detection based on the use case above. But I guess we can agree to disagree.

Thanks you for doing all the great work on JD and responding to my requests and post. Greatly appreciate.
Old 12.05.2020, 12:34
Community Manager

@snuffleupagus:
So the user mgpai has made a script for you which will do exactly what you want: Break the mirror handling
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=1351
-->
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=1359

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: