JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.08.2019, 21:03
noone1

Default [JD2/myJD] set other than default browser to use myJD addon

Hello,

I am using different versions of firefox.

For basic browsing I still prefer to use my good ol' FF46 version with legacy addons and all its customisation but in order to use myJD I've installed it in FF64 and others.

Problem is none of the latest firefox versions are the default browser and then when myJD asks to open a tab, it opens it in the default browser, that is the old firefox (not compatible).

So, is it possible to tell JDownloader which particular browser to use when myJD is needed?

When I have time I will customize one of the latest version of FF, one day, I swear but meanwhile I would like to keep my old browser as default one but be able to use myJD with another one, is there a solution?

thank you
Old 01.09.2019, 11:41
noone1

PS:

to anyone who read/encounter same problem, beware!

first, I started with clean settings: one FF 45, full install, default browser, and one FF64, portable version with "-profile yyyy" command line.

setting new firefox quantum (64 here) as default browser effectively makes JD to communicate with myJD addon in FF64

**BUT**

then, setting back old firefox (45 here) as default browser didn't work, whole default profile has been modified and everything has been wiped out or reset, even copying a backup of old default profile didn't work!! I think it's because even if you use a portable firefox quantum with '-profile ...' command line enforce once you set it as default it modifies the 'xxxx.default' profile whatever profile name you force and probably something else in program files that should explain why even if you copies a profile backup it wont work!

Hopefully I finally reach to get back everything by mixing the old and new profile files in 'xxxx.default' folder but I think I've been very lucky because one profile is 'legacy' and the other is quantum, it found back all addons but had to reinstall them all, and had to import bookmark backup too, not talking about mess in cached icons... (only passwords, search plugins and custom styles where automatically found).

So (sorry for my english ), I definitely need a solution to tell JD what browser to use to find myJD independently of the browser being the windows default one or not... it's very risky to switch between versions as default browser!

(additional: with old firefox as default, JD tries to open myJD in a new tab while with quantum as default, JD opens a new browser window, not a tab... if this is of some interest)

Last edited by noone1; 01.09.2019 at 11:45.
Old 01.09.2019, 11:46
Script Master

Post# 410829
Old 01.09.2019, 11:52
noone1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
script master, my master!! thank you very much ;-)

still problem I need to specify -profile string

[ "C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox 64 portable\\firefox.exe" -no-remote -profile "C:\\Users\\yourname\\AppData\\Roaming\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles\\fx2cqibd.FF64", "%s" ] -> not valid string

[ "C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox 64 portable\\firefox.exe -no-remote -profile C:\\Users\\yourname\\AppData\\Roaming\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles\\fx2cqibd.FF64", "%s" ] -> still opens old firefox

hopefully there is no space in profil path to limit escape char mess but I don't find the correct syntax...

Last edited by noone1; 01.09.2019 at 12:12.
Old 01.09.2019, 13:28
Script Master

Code:
[ "C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox 64 portable\\firefox.exe", "-no-remote", "-profile", "C:\\Users\\yourname\\AppData\\Roaming\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles\\fx2cqibd.FF64", "%s" ]
Old 01.09.2019, 14:38
noone1

found about json array and was going close thank you ! but now it says:

need to close firefox quantum window if already running, then need to disable adblock (not needed before), then solve openload captcha, tab closes but then JD seems to not get the answer back and countdown starts, no download

...hum.. after a first 8min waiting time countdown, it started... will see for the next files...

then, I confirm: JD opens a first browser window (no other running) but firefox says a process is already running, it needs to close firefox. So it closes it, reopens a new one with 3 tab: one session restore, one for the openload captcha and one 'url not found' (some ads serve.popads.net). After I solved the captcha, the openload tab closes and JD starts 8min countdown and after that download begins (without asking for a new captcha). And same things start again after around 10files... well at least I can download the files ;-)

Last edited by noone1; 01.09.2019 at 16:25.
Old 02.09.2019, 13:50
JD Manager

thanks @mgpai for fast help!

@noone1: you might wanna add additional parameter to start new session, by default firefox will forward requests to running instance, for example "-new-instance"
Old 02.09.2019, 13:54
JD Manager

In case you still need help with this one, please just report back
Old 02.09.2019, 19:40
noone1

Ok! how can I mark as solved?

So, for the record:

(-no-remote = Do not accept or send remote commands; implies -new-instance)

In fact, when the JD popup window opens saying 'open browser' or 'cancel' I was clicking on 'open' BUT in fact a first instance was already being launched => don't clic 'open browser'!!

Plus, if I am already running my default firefox, -new-instance alone seems to not work.

Anyway, the correct command line args finally are : "-no-remote","-new-tab","-profile..." and behave as intended

I still need to disable adblockplus but for openload main url only, the others craps are still blocked, I didn't neither test other web-hosting services.

Thank you both
Old 02.09.2019, 19:48
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone1 View Post
Anyway, the correct command line args finally are : "-no-remote","-new-tab","-profile..." and behave as intended
Thanks for sharing! Maybe you could share the complete commandline/value so others can make use of it very easily
Old 02.09.2019, 19:48
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone1 View Post
Thank you both
You're welcome!
Old 02.09.2019, 21:41
noone1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Thanks for sharing! Maybe you could share the complete commandline/value so others can make use of it very easily
Code:
[ "C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox 64 portable\\firefox.exe", "-no-remote", "-new-tab", "-profile", "C:\\Users\\yourname\\AppData\\Roaming\\Mozilla\\Firefox\\Profiles\\fx2cqibd.FF64", "%s" ]
replace yourname by your name
Old 03.09.2019, 11:51
JD Manager

Thanks for sharing!