JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 16.01.2018, 09:26
Giga Loader

Default Subfolder for Each File in Single Package

Hello,

I've tried searching for a few days but I have yet to find something exactly what I'm trying to achieve. The closest I got to is this: https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...ight=subfolder but it's a bit more complicated than what I'm asking.

Basically, I'd like to have each file in a package have its own subfolder. So we have:

-Package(1)
--file(1)
--file(2)
--file(n)

Currently, the default is for a package to create its own folder and any files inside will be downloaded as is. I would like for each file to have its own folder automatically made. It would be nice to have it reflected in the GUI as well if possible, like so (but it's not necessary):

-Package(1)
--folder(1)
---file(1)
--folder(2)
---file(2)
--folder(n)
---file(n)

Can I do that via Packagizer? Playing around I couldn't achieve anything close to it yet so anyone experienced please do let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited by serrato; 16.01.2018 at 09:28.
Old 16.01.2018, 13:27
JD Manager

You can do this via packagizer but what should be the folder name be?
You can only assign folders to packages and not to files. So in the end you would result in
Package(1)-Folder(1)-File(1)
Package(2)-Folder(2)-File(2)
Package(10)-Folder(10)-File(10)
Each file must have its own package to have its own folder
Old 16.01.2018, 15:20
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You can do this via packagizer but what should be the folder name be?
You can only assign folders to packages and not to files. So in the end you would result in
Package(1)-Folder(1)-File(1)
Package(2)-Folder(2)-File(2)
Package(10)-Folder(10)-File(10)
Each file must have its own package to have its own folder
Hi Jiaz, thanks for the reply.

I was hoping to the folder would take the name of the file. Not possible?

For instance, downloading a bunch of tutorials off YouTube. I would rename the Package to e.g. C++ Tutorials and inside each episode would be a file. I would like each file to have its own folder and the name of these subfolders would be the same as the filename, although I suppose in this case it being reflected in the GUI nested-style would be a bit more useful.
Old 16.01.2018, 15:43
JD Manager

Of course that is possible. All I was saying that you have to split it into multiple packages.
So you would have multiple packages with "C++ Tutorials" and in each package you will have a file go to different folder.
You can only assign folder to package and not to files.
Old 17.01.2018, 05:00
Giga Loader

OK I'm a bit confused as you just said it's possible but then said folder can only be assigned to package not to files

I'll try to rephrase - I'm trying to achieve a "package inside a package" scenario. Currently if I want a main folder C++ Tutorials and then each of the video files to have their own folders, I would keep them separate in the Downloads tab. So there would be just a list of these video files, each of them with the path ...\C++ Tutorials\<jd:packagename>

But when there are loads of them in the Downloads tab, I would like to move them into one package.

Before (+ sign indicating closed package):

+C++ Tutorials
+tutorial 1
+tutorial 2

After (- sign indicating opened package):

-C++ Tutorials
-tutorial 1
-tutorial 2

Problem here arises that the links would be "broken", wouldn't they? As in, tutorial 1 is a file residing in C++ Tutorials\tutorial 1\ folder. Moving it into the C++ Tutorials package (via Downloads tab) after downloading means JD now expects the file to be in C++\Tutorials\ right? I haven't tried it out because I don't want to do something irreversible and I have a bad habit of jumping into trial and error so this time I'm being a bit hesitant

By moving prior packages into a larger package (i.e. file folders within package folder), it helps save a lot of space in the GUI.
Old 17.01.2018, 15:19
JD Manager

Don't think too complex. With packagizer rules you can do lots of stuff
for example
Package X -> Link 1-x -> go to /PackageX/Link1-x
Package X -> Link 1-x -> go to /SuperNice/Link1-x
Package Y -> Link 2-x -> go to /PackageY/Hello/Link1-x
Package Z -> Link 1 -> go to /PackageZ/Test/Super/nice/Link1
Package Z -> Link 1 -> go to /Test2/Super2/nice1/Link1

I suggest you simply tell us what you like to achieve and we help you with that
Old 18.01.2018, 00:46
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrato View Post
I'll try to rephrase - I'm trying to achieve a "package inside a package" scenario.

By moving prior packages into a larger package (i.e. file folders within package folder), it helps save a lot of space in the GUI.
you can not nest/stack packages within JDownloader interface! So you wont be saving any GUI space. Only benefit would be for on storage device, would have them in the directory structure you desire.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.01.2018, 11:37
Giga Loader

Quote:
Don't think too complex. With packagizer rules you can do lots of stuff
for example
Package X -> Link 1-x -> go to /PackageX/Link1-x
Package X -> Link 1-x -> go to /SuperNice/Link1-x
Package Y -> Link 2-x -> go to /PackageY/Hello/Link1-x
Package Z -> Link 1 -> go to /PackageZ/Test/Super/nice/Link1
Package Z -> Link 1 -> go to /Test2/Super2/nice1/Link1

I suggest you simply tell us what you like to achieve and we help you with that
Isn't that a static rule though? As in, I would have to set a static name for the folder so that the link downloads into that folder.

If I use the jd syntax, this is what I'm after:

Package Save Location:
C:\Tutorials\<jd:packagename>

Within the package, each link would be like so:
C:\Tutorials\<jd:packagename>\<jd:folderNamedAfterFileOrLink\<jd:filename>

So in a fantasy build, I would imagine to enable this, I'd go into Settings and enable something called "enable subfolder creation for links in package". Better yet, I would set this either globally, or per-package via right-click. If this can't be done now, how about this as a future feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
you can not nest/stack packages within JDownloader interface! So you wont be saving any GUI space. Only benefit would be for on storage device, would have them in the directory structure you desire.
Yea, currently I can't, but I was hoping that despite not being able to do it in the GUI, I could somehow create a dynamic rule via Packagizer to make subfolders for links inside a package. So far what I understand is, I can create static folders and redirect links into those folders, but can't create dynamic subfolders yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

As for GUI, I think it would certainly help save visual space. As in my earlier example, right now if I'm downloading a bunch of tutorials, I do this (Example A):
1) Add links of the tutorial series
2) Merge all links into a single package, C++ Tutorials
3) Package name is C++ Tutorials, so the path is: C:\Tutorials\C++ Tutorials\

This means thatt in my file system, I have a C++ Tutorials folder and individual mp4 files.
If I want subfolders for each of them, I have to do this (Example B):

1) Add links
2) Set their save location to C:\Tutorials\C++ Tutorials\<jd:packagename>

Each of the links nested in the C++ Tutorials package in Example A are now individual packages in Example B.

Example B achieves the subfolder solution, but it leaves all these packages in the Downloads tabs of JD.

So I'm simply trying to do both - have subfolders per link, but within a single package. Thus, packages inside a package.

I thought maybe through the packagizer, I could do dynamic subfolder creation while doing it like Example A, but it seems like everything must be statically named (the subfolders where links inside the package will be redirected).
Old 18.01.2018, 11:50
English Supporter

with package customiser rules you need to be able to identify the content in order to place them where you desire. directories also need to exist (on disk) for all but the last path (will be created by jd). As long as you can identify the content as a tute, it should be achievable.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.01.2018, 18:06
JD Manager

As long as you can determine <jd:folderNamedAfterFileOrLink> within your rule, it should be possible.
Don't look only at <jd:packagename>! You can also do regex and parsing! you can use filename and take parts of it to create names/folders... Same for package names.
How about providing some example links much easier to help if we can work with something!
Old 19.01.2018, 07:03
Giga Loader

Quote:
As long as you can determine <jd:folderNamedAfterFileOrLink> within your rule, it should be possible.
Don't look only at <jd:packagename>! You can also do regex and parsing! you can use filename and take parts of it to create names/folders... Same for package names.
How about providing some example links much easier to help if we can work with something!
Haha okay that's a bit of a heavy post. But that's exactly what I want to do - <jd:folderNamedAfterFileOrLink> - isn't that determining the rule? Like how the package folder name is taken from the package name, so just like that, a folder can be named after a file. It also works more or less similarly with archive extraction.

As for examples, I don't have any real one right now, it's just something that I've mulled over the many months of using JD. So the closest and most common I can think of is downloading a playlist (like the tutorials on youtube or something) and each of the individual mp4 files would create its own subfolder.
Old 19.01.2018, 11:29
JD Manager

I would say, yes it is possible. There are so many possibilities with the packagizer. Too many to teach/show. I suggest you come back when you've got an idea what the results should be like and got some example links to work with