JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.03.2014, 03:29
JD English Support (inactive)

Default Bug: The premium host list refreshes periodically

1) I know this is supposed to be a feature, but this causes the premium hosts to be disabled (as premium) while it is being updated ("Loading Information").

Recommended fix:
Only refresh premium/registered information with the host when there is an error.

2) In addition, loading the information for a premium host often fails (java.net.SocketTimeoutException). This API for responding to premium requests probably has the lowest priority within the HTTP processor (Apache, and so on).

This error occurs from time to time with all of my registered or premium hosts (including Zevera).

Recommendation: On java.net.SocketTimeoutException, retry after 1 second, with back-off (1000ms, 1500ms, 2250 ms, and so on). This type of back-off should be used for all retry attempts (consistent with internet standards).

Log ID:
21.03.14 17.34.19to21.03.14 17.47.46 jdlog://2397266335931/
Old 22.03.2014, 03:35
English Supporter

Have you tried without your socks5 proxy?

*edit*

I found your existing ticket and read the history between you and Jiaz since my original reply, and your latest logs in support ticket and here contain the use of proxy. The only way accounts would use proxy to start with over your default connection if the 'default connection' drop down menu was set to given proxy. As we do not normally use proxy for account data, and if so it needs to be one proxy vs multiple otherwise your account could be flagged for account sharing due to proxy rotation and subsequent various IP connecting.

**end of edit**

We think its directly related to you using your proxy.

1) updates happen account wise ~30min intervals to make sure given account is still able to download, and to provide the interface with semi accurate data (data left to download etc)

2) re:proxy

3) we do this but sparingly within plugin source. As you can understand it's not practical for us to rewrite all our plugins for the odd person with problems. A retry within the core would be beneficial for sure, though most traditional web browsers do not send multiple requests when a socket issue occurs. Non that I'm aware of.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 22.03.2014 at 05:13.