JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > Reconnect

Old 28.11.2010, 04:36
ilomambo

Default Speed slow down - Why?

Hello,

I noticed that when auto reconnect gets a new IP, the second and subsequent files, are downloaded at a much lower speed.
If instead, I make manual reconnect, the next file is loaded a t full speed.

To give you some example, I tested it during the early morning, I am sure at this time there is no traffic shaping going on by my ISP provider.
I closed JD and opened again (full exit).
The first file downloaded at speed 500+ kbps ( I have 4MB bandwidth so this is right at the top of the allocated speed)
After auto-reconnect the second file started to download at speed 60-80 kbps
I stopped JD, did manual reconnect.
The same file started download at 500+ kbps.

I don't understand why this difference. I've seen it happen more than once.

One more data: sometimes auto-reconnect takes 2 tries to get a different IP; on te other hand manual reconnect always succeeds after the first try.

My router is D-Link DI-624+ and the server I was downloading from is rapidshare.
Old 28.11.2010, 14:35
remi

I think your reconnections aren't working well. If you provide a complete and detailed log with some regconnections in it and where you experience a bad connection, a developer might find the cause.
Old 28.11.2010, 18:31
ilomambo

Default Log is attached

The attached log file is from the situation I described above.
You can see the requests from rapidshare, me stopping the second download (I believe is the request marked as ABORTED) and manually doing the reconnection.
I did not fully understand the log text, so I did not see anywhere if the download speed is recorded somewhere.
Old 29.11.2010, 14:03
remi

jD attempts several times to obtain a new IP address. It seems to rotate through a limited number of IP addresses. You also sometimes get the same IP address after an unsuccessful reconnect attempt. The pool of free IP addresses might be very small.

This doesn't explain why you get different speeds from those different IP addresses. I thought for a moment that you were using proxy servers because some addresses were very different (not in the same range), but that isn't true because the addresses seem to belong to the same provider.

I would record the speeds you get per IP address and contact your provider with these data. They might know why.

Also reduce your number of connections (Max. Con.) to 1.